Enneagram War!: Who would win? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Enneagram War!: Who would win?

Enneagram War: Who would win?

• Total voters
Short, Battle Royale style combat :
1/8, 8/1, TERRIBLY CORNERED 6,3, 7, 2, unaware 6, 4, 5, 9
1 and/or 8 really depends on the reason of the combat. With enough reasoning, 1 can beat a 8. But otherwise... 3, too; needs a certain..something.
A cornered, counterphobic 6 can go full nuts and murdering everyone in sight. But an unaware 6... hoo boy.
2, 9, 5, 4; all of these won't do much good in short term combats.
7... may survive when everyone is killing each other.

Long scale war :
3, 1, 5/9, 9/5, 2, 8, 6, 4, 7
In this case, 3 will be more effective.
1's sense of purpose and righteousness will made them capable on withstanding long campaigns.
5 and 9, with proper application of their resourcefulness and/or stability, may win this battle / pull something unexpected.
2's chance of success depends on how many people are willing to cooperate..
8's feels more reckless than brave, if talking about long scale.
6, depending on the situation, might win; but again, if we're talking about fair situation, they're going to lose.
4... feels reckless too, but without the ferocity that 8 has.
7...meh.

Reactions: grt$5vb
Ever heard of the lone ranger? Wolverine? Batman? ...ok he had a minion...but you get my point ;D Now imagine batman times 100!!!!

EDIT: And every misunderstood bitter movie villain too...4s

Fiction is fun.

There can only be victory if they all decide to band together and combine their resources. ;)

Ever heard of the lone ranger? Wolverine? Batman? ...ok he had a minion...but you get my point ;D Now imagine batman times 100!!!!

EDIT: And every misunderstood bitter movie villain too...4s

Mwahahaha. I am batman.

Reactions: Kmal
Seriously, 9s are always winning the war on who would win the war. :p

Counterphobic 6s, (I have issues with calling this type of 6 a "loyalist" btw ;)) because we'd tear down the other side, sneak into all their nooks and crannies and suck the life out of them until they submitted to our crazy fucking paranoia.

I have had LOTS of conflicts with CP 6s and they still never had a match for my level of intensity, consistency, and aggression. I knew their strikes and provokes before they even acted on it... so nah, they're usually the easiest to wear down.

I have had LOTS of conflicts with CP 6s and they still never had a match for my level of intensity, consistency, and aggression. I knew their strikes and provokes before they even acted on it... so nah, they're usually the easiest to wear down.

Probably weren't true CP 6s.

Also I assume we are talking about an actual war here, not a war of words. 6s will back down in a war of words if it is strategic to do so in the long run. I think 8s would run up to the front lines guns blazing and get smashed off the bat. They'd come in strong but ultimately be the first to fall.

Probably weren't true CP 6s.

Also I assume we are talking about an actual war here, not a war of words. 6s will back down in a war of words if it is strategic to do so in the long run. I think 8s would run up to the front lines guns blazing and get smashed off the bat. They'd come in strong but ultimately be the first to fall.

Nah... they certainly are and they're heavily into Enneagram as well. I've also typed them and they fit the CP 6 to a T. My best friend is one and every time we've had issues in our friendship, I would approach her with calm firmness and assertiveness. Sometimes, she would hear me out, but if I continued my stance (without showing anger) she would get nervous and became livid. Also, after a car accident, she screamed at the lady who hit her (because it scared the crap out of her dog in the back seat) but her father (who is an 8w7) handled the situation calmly and just made sure everyone was all right.

Also, the whole stereotype of 8s being more reactive than defensive isn't so true. Bear in mind that an 8w9 would react a lot differently than 8w7s.

8s are heavily strategic when it comes to conflicts. We will poke or observe someone to see their weaknesses and strengths. The aggression can be pre-emptive (especially for 8w7s) but the knowledge of someone's anchille's heel or plan of action is usually always thought-out first.

In every fight I have been in, I was never the kind to run in and strike. I always waited for a punch or for someone to spit or hit me first. Sometimes, I would even endure a couple of hits before striking them. I've dated a few 8w7s (and I have some friends who are) and they are usually the ones that would strike first in a fight or start an argument in the first place. I, on the other hand, don't look for fights. I have only fought in defense of myself or someone else, and I always waited until it came. So while it was coming, I would intimidate or provoke the person so I could play on their weaknesses and wear them down in that manner.

In a realistic war, I don't think it would really matter about the enneagram.... the strength, agility, and physical endurance would probably be more worthy. So I think based on that and what I said, it may just be every man for himself lol

Last edited:
Also, the whole stereotype of 8s being more reactive than defensive isn't so true. Bear in mind that an 8w9 would react a lot differently than an 8w7.

Exactly what I thought. This war I'm having against an ENFJ is 95% invisible and he'll only see the last 5%. It will come from three angles, it's low-intensity/long-term (to "suffocate" him in his Fe) and a reaction to an attack. As you said, I never attack first. I also wait really long till I respond. I evaluate whether it's worth responding, but when I do respond, it's pretty much calculated.

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought. This war I'm having against an ENFJ is 95% invisible and he'll only see the last 5%. It will come from three angles, it's low-intensity/long-term (to "suffocate" him in his Fe) and a reaction to an attack. As you said, I never attack first. I also wait really long till I respond. I evaluate whether it's worth responding, but when I do respond, it's pretty much calculated.

Yeah, exactly! ... and the unfortunate part is that he probably won't understand why you think of it as a war nor get why it's an issue in the first place. lol

Do you notice that sometimes your reaction to an attack is not out of fear, but as a means to intimidate as well? And do you sometimes use your fear as fuel for motivation, especially in a sticky situation? I ask since I notice this in myself and some of the other 8s close to me... so I'm curious of your take on it.

Yeah, exactly! ... and the unfortunate part is that he probably won't understand why you think of it as a war nor get why it's an issue in the first place. lol

Do you notice that sometimes your reaction to an attack is not out of fear, but as a means to intimidate as well? And do you sometimes use your fear as fuel for motivation, especially in a sticky situation? I ask since I notice this in myself and some of the other 8s close to me... so I'm curious of your take on it.

LOL. Actually it's me who thinks this shouldn't be an issue at all. But, yeah, defense is defense. As for the second part: True, when I respond it is usually also meant to intimidate the other. But I never use my fear as fuel for motivation, it always comes from a sense of justice. I do understand, though, what you mean with tapping into your fear to energize yourself. But I think it is very dangerous to use it as fuel because there's a high risk that you lose your moral bearings. Fueling yourself out of justice is, in my opinion, a stronger fuel, but you always have the morals in front of you - duh.

CAREBEARS ATTACK!!!! GO GET 'EM DO YOUR BEST BEAR!!!

Type 9. They would be too lazy to participate in the war, and since all the other types would have died they would be the only ones left, so technically they would win

Reactions: grt$5vb
I'd say type 9, as well. 4's will wander off indignantly. Stubborn non-participants. Once you find us we'll either take our own lives or glare at you while you do the job. Whatever... just don't waste our time. >:D