ENFJ and ENTJ | INFJ Forum

ENFJ and ENTJ

How well do ENFJ and ENTJ get along?

I would guess often not well.

ENTJs like all ENTs have huge egos, a huge drive and a lot of creativity. But they also are willing to step on others to get what they want.

ENFJs besides possibly having a big ego, are the exact opposite of the ENTJ.

I would think there would be some mutual respect but friendships would be hard to maintained probably.

Last edited:
Like any type pair up, anything is possible. However, from what I have seen, not so well.

Okay yep, they don't like each other. My roommate is ENTJ and the girl I met is ENFJ, and they act very similar but with completely different motivations (ex. both are pre-med, the ENTJ basically to make money and other selfish reasons and the ENFJ to save the world and completely unselfish reasons- I'm not kidding about save the world either- her level of idealism is almost too much for me). On the surface they don't like each other, and if they got to know each other, they would hate each other I am sure. I don't want that to happen, so I'm going to make them be nice. They are most the things the other hates in a person, maybe all of them, and they could never work well together on anything that requires anything more than superficial interaction.

So there you go from my experience here.

Typical ENFJ and ENTJ will not get along. Te enjoys interacting with Ti, Fe enjoys interacting with Fi, and so in order for them to get along, the ENTJ would need to develop his Fi and the ENFJ his Ti. In other words the inferior functions of each.

Otherwise, you will see a clash of the titans, because they are both powerful characters. Ironically, they tend to come to the same conclusion (or result) while considering different factors and using different means.

Typical ENFJ and ENTJ will not get along. Te enjoys interacting with Ti, Fe enjoys interacting with Fi, and so in order for them to get along, the ENTJ would need to develop his Fi and the ENFJ his Ti. In other words the inferior functions of each.

Otherwise, you will see a clash of the titans, because they are both powerful characters. Ironically, they tend to come to the same conclusion (or result) while considering different factors and using different means.

This. I have seen ENFJ's and ENTJ's meet before, and they instantly can't stand each other. However this is not always the case, it does indeed often have to do with lack of inferior functions. It strikes me as interesting that polarized judging functions cause many more problems more often then polarized perceiving functions.

Proof of this, is I get along with ISFJ's very well. ISFJ's and INFJ's follow the same pattern as the ENTJ/ENFJ match up. However, ISFJ/INFJ's have their dominant and inferior functions as perceiving, so it is much less problamatic in most cases. If problems do arise, it usually silent, and both parties walk away.

I thought you were moving to Africa in like three weeks?

What are you talking about guys? I've met 2 ENFJs and I loved them both. One of them I really loved, as in fell in love with.

And we use ALL our functions, not just the first one. Not only do ENTJs use Fi, they use their eight function Fe too.

Reactions: IndigoSensor

Fe and Te not good....not good....not good...not good...not good...
ninja.gif

Reactions: IndigoSensor
What are you talking about guys? I've met 2 ENFJs and I loved them both. One of them I really loved, as in fell in love with.

And we use ALL our functions, not just the first one. Not only do ENTJs use Fi, they use their eight function Fe too.

Are you sure you're not an ENTP?

My best friend is an ENTJ and she is brilliant... we get along famously.. i guess me thinking i am an enfj at times could be false.. hmm what about infjs with entjs? Do they get along? Hmm so maybe I am an Entp.. or and INTP afterall.. if i get along with Entjs.. interesting thread.. :mhula:

Getting along with ENTJs makes you less likely to be a INTP in my book. INTP and ENTJ have the opposite attitude to every function, which seems to make it almost impossible for one to understand/appreciate the other. We each most excel at a function that the other uses well but finds very frustrating, and aspire to the function the other considers most like evil.

I strongly suspect that a certain ex boyfriend of my INFJ friend is an ENTJ. She was deeply in love with him, but I could never stand the guy.

Getting along with ENTJs makes you less likely to be a INTP in my book. INTP and ENTJ have the opposite attitude to every function, which seems to make it almost impossible for one to understand/appreciate the other. We each most excel at a function that the other uses well but finds very frustrating, and aspire to the function the other considers most like evil.

I strongly suspect that a certain ex boyfriend of my INFJ friend is an ENTJ. She was deeply in love with him, but I could never stand the guy.

I have an INTP friend and we do have a kind of love-hate-hot-cold relationship, but I think your description is a bit too harsh.

Any type can get along with any other type as long as they're psychologically healthy individuals!

I don't mind ENTJs I guess. I understand where they are coming from, and depending on how they execute their ideals I can absolutely stand them. I appreciate their decisiveness, however they're need for control bugs the shit out of me. I love to be in control, but even I know how to not be in control sometimes.

It is easier for Te to deal with Ti, because it is able to identify and recognize your reasoning and method of understanding and conceptualizations. It is able to distinguish your own framework of correct and incorrect. It may not agree with it or appreciate it (because it may not align with what the rest of the world deems as correct or it can't be proven with any tangible or empirical evidence), but it certainly has more common ground with it than Fe.

Fe has to do with seeing what th general public deem as valuable, right and wrong, where as a Te-dom derives those values from their own personal perspective (Fi).

Te: "This is the correct and valid thing to do according to the external facts taken into consideration."

Fe: "This is the accepetable and appreciated thing to do according to the external values taken into consideration"

I don't mind ENTJs I guess. I understand where they are coming from, and depending on how they execute their ideals I can absolutely stand them. I appreciate their decisiveness, however they're need for control bugs the shit out of me. I love to be in control, but even I know how to not be in control sometimes.

ENFJs can be just as decisive and controlling. Those are common traits of the EJ (extroverted judging) temperament.

Why do you think they may clash so much? In a particular situation, each would be tugging in a different direction in the same manner.

Reactions: Limit
what about infjs with entjs? Do they get along?

Well I personally get along really well with ENTJ's but that might just be because I got used to being around one (my dad is an ENTJ). I think it works because he seems to have a highly developed Fe and I seem to have a highly developed Ti.

It is easier for Te to deal with Ti, because it is able to identify and recognize your reasoning and method of understanding and conceptualizations. It is able to distinguish your own framework of correct and incorrect. It may not agree with it or appreciate it (because it may not align with what the rest of the world deems as correct or it can't be proven with any tangible or empirical evidence), but it certainly has more common ground with it than Fe.

Fe has to do with seeing what th general public deem as valuable, right and wrong, where as a Te-dom derives those values from their own personal perspective (Fi).

Te: "This is the correct and valid thing to do according to the external facts taken into consideration."

Fe: "This is the accepetable and appreciated thing to do according to the external values taken into consideration"

ENFJs can be just as decisive and controlling. Those are common traits of the EJ (extroverted judging) temperament.

Why do you think they may clash so much? In a particular situation, each would be tugging in a different direction in the same manner.

I know. I thought I had made that clear, but looking back it wasn't. Sorry lol

And thats why we clash (i guess we just both agree the same( we both want to be the controller/decisioner. However, I don't HAVE to be one, if someone has a better way/can learn from the experience. The one ENTJ I do know *yes I know that makes me bias* like, can't not lead. They literally cannot.

Reactions: Odyne