ENFJ and ENTJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

ENFJ and ENTJ

Well I personally get along really well with ENTJ's but that might just be because I got used to being around one (my dad is an ENTJ). I think it works because he seems to have a highly developed Fe and I seem to have a highly developed Ti.

You mean Fi. Fe is the 8th function of ENTJs and it is the complete polar opposite of an ENTJ's dominant fucntion (Te) and so we don't have a natural preference for using it. If your father has developed his inferior, then yes you two would be able to get along considering Fe is your auxiliary and Ti is your inferior as an INFJ.

Te interacts with Ti
Fe interacts with Fi.

You mean Fi. Fe is the 8th function of ENTJs and it is the complete polar opposite of an ENTJ's dominant fucntion (Te) and so we don't have a natural preference for using it. If your father has developed his inferior, then yes you two would be able to get along considering Fe is your auxiliary and Ti is your inferior as an INFJ.

Te interacts with Ti
Fe interacts with Fi.

Maybe I'm out of line but I've never been entirely convinced that thinking and feeling are opposite.

Maybe I'm out of line but I've never been entirely convinced that thinking and feeling are opposite.

First of all, you are not out of line at all. This is a place to learn and I am willing to help. :smile:

A person is capable of feeling and thinking all at the same time and to assume otherwise is ridiculous. What I am talking about here is where you draw your reason (thinking) and where you draw your values.

In MBTI tests, don't they say you have this % of F and this % of T? Which doesn't mean your good at one and bad at the other. It only means, what is your natural preference to go to or lean on when making decisions.

However, there is a difference in orientation (extroverted and introverted) of those preferences:

In an Fe-Ti: Feelings are draw from what the collective feels, while the reasoning is completely specific to the person.

In a Te-Fi: Reason is drawn from the what collective thinks is correct, while the feeling is completely specific to the person.

As an NTJ: This is what the books, the experts and the research proves to be correct, but *I* as an individual don't find it right or ethical to me.

As an NFJ: This is what the population, the friends, the family and the group seem to find right and appreciated, but *I* as an individual don't think it makes sense to me.

Feel free to ask further if you so wish to. :thumb:

...considering Fe is your auxiliary and Ti is your inferior as an INFJ.

Ti would be a tertiary for INFJs, not inferior. Pardon the mix-up.

How well do ENFJ and ENTJ get along?

I don't see the problem as long as the ENTJ isn't a total asshole and the ENFJ isn't a total ditz.

Thing is, ENTJs tend to be a lot nicer than they let on, and ENFJs tend to be a lot smarter than they look.

For this reason I'd like to declare Jerkass Facade as an ENTJ trope and Good is not Dumb as an ENFJ trope.

Reactions: Saru Inc
First of all, you are not out of line at all. This is a place to learn and I am willing to help. :smile:

A person is capable of feeling and thinking all at the same time and to assume otherwise is ridiculous. What I am talking about here is where you draw your reason (thinking) and where you draw your values.

In MBTI tests, don't they say you have this % of F and this % of T? Which doesn't mean your good at one and bad at the other. It only means, what is your natural preference to go to or lean on when making decisions.

However, there is a difference in orientation (extroverted and introverted) of those preferences:

In an Fe-Ti: Feelings are draw from what the collective feels, while the reasoning is completely specific to the person.

In a Te-Fi: Reason is drawn from the what collective thinks is correct, while the feeling is completely specific to the person.

As an NTJ: This is what the books, the experts and the research proves to be correct, but *I* as an individual don't find it right or ethical to me.

As an NFJ: This is what the population, the friends, the family and the group seem to find right and appreciated, but *I* as an individual don't think it makes sense to me.

Feel free to ask further if you so wish to. :thumb:

I think I understand what your saying (Although all the letters get a little confusing to me), what I don't quite understand though is that it seems like if it's entirely based on your preferences that your type could change situationally. For example it seems like I would be more apt to have preferences like an INTJ in matters of business but preferences like an INFJ in matters of family or relationships.

I think I understand what your saying (Although all the letters get a little confusing to me), what I don't quite understand though is that it seems like if it's entirely based on your preferences that your type could change situationally. For example it seems like I would be more apt to have preferences like an INTJ in matters of business but preferences like an INFJ in matters of family or relationships.

Well yes, we use all of our preferences depending on the situation. The differences lie in how developed they are, how much expression you allow them and how heavily you rely on them.

Hmm, I'll see if I can type up something that would explain the letters and how they work sometime soon.

But here's an intro to something called Cognitive Functions, and they are what MBTI is based on. As an INFJ, your cognitive functions would be:

Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

Read up on them and see if they fit you. :smile: