Economic Independence | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Economic Independence

Oh.

The community of citizens.
You know, network theory predicts that we will ultimately end up in either a bipolar state, or a unitary 'utopia'. That's just how the mathematical logic works out, and it holds up empirically, too.

Reactions: Wyote
You know, network theory predicts that we will ultimately end up in either a bipolar state, or a unitary 'utopia'. That's just how the mathematical logic works out, and it holds up empirically, too.
It's good to know that a unitary utopia can be achieved. Humanity certainly has a lot of steps to take.

Yaay, kudos!

Thanks, socks.
You ever read any Graeber? He’s of the position that markets and states are intrinsically tied, and cannot exist independently of each other. It’s an interesting bridge between Fukuyama and Marx. Not that it’s a middle ground, necessarily, as Graeber ideologically opposes both. But it ties two two theories together in an interesting way.

You ever read any Graeber? He’s of the position that markets and states are intrinsically tied, and cannot exist independently of each other. It’s an interesting bridge between Fukuyama and Marx. Not that it’s a middle ground, necessarily, as Graeber ideologically opposes both. But it ties two two theories together in an interesting way.
Him again! No, I've been meaning to since I first heard of him in relation to the whole idea of 'bullshit jobs'.

Fascinating thinker by the looks of it.

Reactions: Wyote and socks
Him again! No, I've been meaning to since I first heard of him in relation to the whole idea of 'bullshit jobs'.

Fascinating thinker by the looks of it.
He’s great, and I haven’t read anything by him that I haven’t enjoyed. I think what lends to his unique perspective is that he’s an anthropologist, not an economist. But his findings and theories are well and empirically cited. Indeed a fascinating thinker.

how exactly is the 'community of citizens' going to control the technocracy that is appearing around us?

i'm not sure you understand who is behind this technology...it ain't 'the citizens'
Without any condescension intended, is everything ok?

Last edited:
so if someone doesn't agree with you they are not 'ok'?
No, to me you just seemed paranoid.

I do disagree though.

I disagree because the world is actually becoming more democratic, in large part due to technology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
No, to me you just seemed paranoid.

I do disagree though.

I disagree because the world is actually becoming more democratic, in large part due to technology.

paranoid about what?

please be specific