Drug test to get Welfare? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Drug test to get Welfare?

How about an IQ test?

After all, if you're intelligent, you shouldn't be living off the freakin' government anyway, and should be able to lift yourself up by your bootstraps goddammit and become a major broker on wall street.

After all, if you're intelligent, you shouldn't be living off the freakin' government anyway, and should be able to lift yourself up by your bootstraps goddammit and become a major broker on wall street.

Very harshly said but in someway you are right. You do your uttermost best to get yourself off it!!!

Very harshly said but in someway you are right. You do your uttermost best to get yourself off it!!!

I was kinda being sarcastic....lol..

sorry.

I guess I can't edit my post, but my opinion is slowly changing. I'd write more but I just got fired and don't really feel like putting more thought into this right now.

I guess I can't edit my post, but my opinion is slowly changing. I'd write more but I just got fired and don't really feel like putting more thought into this right now.

Ahh I'm sorry :/ After rain comes sunshine!! On a brighter note, now you are open to finding a better job perhaps ?

Haha uh okay, thats good!! Because its not that simple, but I still think one should try to get out of it..

IT seems that being on welfare these days doesn't really solve the problem, it just alleviates it.

I am under the impression that welfare is a trap. But not because of the recipients, but because the way the government has it set up. If you are working, they do not want you to qualify for assistance. The requirements are such that you are either dirt poor, or lower-working class.

I applied about a year ago simply because half of my pay goes to child care. After all necessities, there was nothing left. I work every day, rarely take off. I have no intention of quitting my job to sit on my ass to collect their "benefits." All I needed was a little cushion so I could save some money and move on with my life.

I got 5 letters in the mail on the same day stating that I was denied. I was beyond pissed, but I bet I'll never apply again. I'd rather suffer until I find a better gig.

And so I disagree with drug-testing beyond an invasion of privacy because simply, a lot of people who apply are working-class people like myself. We need a freakin' cushion sometimes when life circumstances change. We aren't necessarily laid up and popping out babies and taking advantage of the system, and the drug-testing perpetuates the stereotype that welfare recipients are ne'er do well partyers with addictions and 7 children by 9 babies' daddies.

I still think it's a trap though.

I am under the impression that welfare is a trap. But not because of the recipients, but because the way the government has it set up. If you are working, they do not want you to qualify for assistance. The requirements are such that you are either dirt poor, or lower-working class.

I applied about a year ago simply because half of my pay goes to child care. After all necessities, there was nothing left. I work every day, rarely take off. I have no intention of quitting my job to sit on my ass to collect their "benefits." All I needed was a little cushion so I could save some money and move on with my life.

I got 5 letters in the mail on the same day stating that I was denied. I was beyond pissed, but I bet I'll never apply again. I'd rather suffer until I find a better gig.

And so I disagree with drug-testing beyond an invasion of privacy because simply, a lot of people who apply are working-class people like myself. We need a freakin' cushion sometimes when life circumstances change. We aren't necessarily laid up and popping out babies and taking advantage of the system, and the drug-testing perpetuates the stereotype that welfare recipients are ne'er do well partyers with addictions and 7 children by 9 babies' daddies.

I still think it's a trap though.

If they would let you struggle and you can't keep your life on the road anymore, it would cost gouvernement more money than when they would just give you a little support to back you up!

welfare is not all about partyers and scumbacks! Some people are just not born with all the benefits (family, money, education, ...) to be succesful in life. It is sad that no matter how hard some people struggle, they never seem to be able to have a comfortable life...

I applied about a year ago simply because half of my pay goes to child care. After all necessities, there was nothing left. I work every day, rarely take off. I have no intention of quitting my job to sit on my ass to collect their "benefits." All I needed was a little cushion so I could save some money and move on with my life. I got 5 letters in the mail on the same day stating that I was denied. I was beyond pissed, but I bet I'll never apply again. I'd rather suffer until I find a better gig.

Extremely well said!! I am so sorry that happened to you. It is supposed to be a little cushion but it doesn't seem to work at what they intended!

Keep your head up. <3

Last edited: