Dreams...

6string

Regular Poster
Mar 22, 2011
MBTI
infj
Enneagram
???
Do your friends often approach you about dream interpretation?
Do you find this to be an easy task, something that seems like common sense?
Do you find yourself able to interpret your own dreams?
Do you tend to see things coming in your dreams?

I'll dream of a person that perhaps I've not seen in months, or years, and all the sudden, I run into them or hear from them. Or sometimes, instead of people, I'll dream of situations.

And when a friend approaches me, "I had this weird dream last night" for some reason, I'm usually able to help them make sense of it. Though, it certainly is easier to do so for others then for myself.

Just wondering if this is a common factor amongst other INFJ types.

I'm not really into dream interpretation, but I'm beginning to suspect that my high occurrences of deja-vu's that I have during the day come from dreams that I've had prior to a situation.

I've often wondered about those dejavus, myself. Figured it was either past dreams that I had forgotten, or our minds working so fast, that we saw it coming as it was happening... Lol

Hmm, well I'm not particularly well-versed in dream interpretation, but I do have quite a bit of knowledge from practicing it and reading about it. I also have my own Dream Dictionary that has proved as a helpful guide. The interesting thing about dreams is the fact that a nightmare doesn't necessarily mean that something bad is going to happen to you.

Simple example:

You dream about running away from something, screaming.
What does it mean?
~Well from what I understand, running away from something means that you are trying to escape a difficult situation, that may.may not benefit you. Yourself screaming, means good news is coming your way, but seeing someone else scream, means not-so-good news coming your way. It's not as simple as this ofc (other factors have to be considered, such as colour and other details), but you get the point.

It's not always common sense, but not always complex.

what about running and trying to scream and being unable to. I had this last year for a few months... then my gf told me I stopped breathing in my sleep. Not so sure I believed her though.

I've often wondered about those dejavus, myself. Figured it was either past dreams that I had forgotten, or our minds working so fast, that we saw it coming as it was happening... Lol

I've heard that staying aware during the day and meditating helps you have lucidity when you dream. If you can recall events in your dream very clearly, you can potentially test that hypothesis of figuring out if dreams can predict certain event in waking life.

I've been trying this myself, but I'm the kind of person that easily gets distracted by my thoughts, and can't possibly stay aware of the present for more than 5 seconds.

I once read that deja vu's are simply when your brain is growing, you receive information a split second slower in one half of your brain. So you are basically seeing information a second time and you recognize it as familiar, even if its only a split second old. Apparently that is why it happens more often in younger adults/teens. Kind of killed the mystery, but it made sense to me.

On a similar note, I personally have highly bizarre dreams every single night that last the entire night and I always remember them fully. They range from dinosaurs, serial killers, blow-up simpsons dolls, etc. and are vivd and very detailed. I've tried to talk to doctors/therapists about it (since its been going on for 5+ years now) but they all just laugh or can't make sense of it. Its pretty exhausting and prevents me from sleeping well. I thought maybe its an INFJ thing, anyone heard of this?

what about running and trying to scream and being unable to. I had this last year for a few months... then my gf told me I stopped breathing in my sleep. Not so sure I believed her though.
Hmmm, this is loose, it sounds like you are/were trying to get out of doing something difficult, due to not having to confidence to do the task.

I once read that deja vu's are simply when your brain is growing, you receive information a split second slower in one half of your brain. So you are basically seeing information a second time and you recognize it as familiar, even if its only a split second old. Apparently that is why it happens more often in younger adults/teens. Kind of killed the mystery, but it made sense to me.

Fair enough. That sounds as a plausible explanation for it too.

Do your friends often approach you about dream interpretation?
Do you find this to be an easy task, something that seems like common sense?
Do you find yourself able to interpret your own dreams?
Do you tend to see things coming in your dreams?

I'll dream of a person that perhaps I've not seen in months, or years, and all the sudden, I run into them or hear from them. Or sometimes, instead of people, I'll dream of situations.

And when a friend approaches me, "I had this weird dream last night" for some reason, I'm usually able to help them make sense of it. Though, it certainly is easier to do so for others then for myself.

Just wondering if this is a common factor amongst other INFJ types.

Some approach me about interpretation (those who are interested in interpretation), majority mostly because they enjoy sharing them with me.

I don't think it's easy, but it is very intriguing to be a part of someone's efforts to interpret their dreams.

I dream a lot, or to be more precise, I remember a lot of my dreams, and some of them I can interpret easily and quickly, for some it took me years to understand them better, some are very complex and twisted, with lots of emotions, details, people in it, and some are hard to think of.

As nice as a theory that sounds, i don't buy it (based off my experience).

I used to do dream interpretation, but then I had to start waking up early and going to be at different times.

On a similar note, I personally have highly bizarre dreams every single night that last the entire night and I always remember them fully. They range from dinosaurs, serial killers, blow-up simpsons dolls, etc. and are vivd and very detailed. I've tried to talk to doctors/therapists about it (since its been going on for 5+ years now) but they all just laugh or can't make sense of it. Its pretty exhausting and prevents me from sleeping well. I thought maybe its an INFJ thing, anyone heard of this?

That is pretty interesting, where did you read that from?

How many of these dreams do you have per night? Are they disturbing? I envy your dream recall D:

None of my friends really care to recall their dreams and interpret them, but when on occassion they do, I attempt to find the symbols and let them make their own analysis. I interpret my own as often as I can remember them. I once had a simple dream that we had no printing paper at work, and then I went into work the next day and we had none. Way to go subconscious >_<

I don't have any friends that can interpret dreams and no one ever asked me to interpret anything for them.
But it's a really interesting subject especially since I always had some weird dream experiences, like dreaming a same(repeating)dream for long periods or dreaming about something bad's going to happen and then it does..
Does anyone here know about Jung dream theories?

I consider myself to be great at dream interpretation. Not really had friends come to me for it but i THINK i usually get it right.and they do too. my own dreams idk. those can be so got dang tricky.

I usually ONLY dream when it seems to be aboslutely important.

I have dreams when im,incredibly depressed,sleepy, or somethings about to happen. or missing someone dredfullly. or guilty. or horny.

either way their all extreme emotions kinda.

but my dreams are...man i cant explain in words. i dont remember dreams alot but when i have them intensely real.

lol got offtract but yeah. i do see things coming. i do have a common sense for them. I think its your subconcious communicationg to your concscious.

Most of my dreams are just a twisted mess from the previous days all in 1 with loads of fantasy and wonderfulness around just for good measure. I can usually interpret my dreams pretty well, i've had the odd few though that really threw me off guard. I have also had the dreams that almost predict the future and so on. And lucid dreams. :D Many lucid dreaming. ^_^

As far as helping others. I don't like doing that. That person is the best interpreter for their dreams, you would need to know them extremely well to be able to interpret their dream as good as they could with simple knowledge on the issue.