Dream Girl | INFJ Forum

Dream Girl

Blase

Regular Poster
Feb 10, 2010
MBTI
INF J/p
So I just woke up from a dream about an hour ago, and in it I met this girl. Well, it was more like she met me. There were plenty of other significant characters in this dream, none of which were real which was interesting, but periodically in between other events and interactions with other characters, I'd encounter this girl again.

She was determined to make me her future lover, and she was pretty direct about it. Everything she did made her intentions very clear, but yet she wasn't overly blunt, she was oddly poetic in a way. She was completely confident as well, as if fate had written me into her life, and she just knew it before I did and was fulfilling her duty to make it happen. From an MBTI standpoint, I guess you could say she must have had the Intuition to see some sort of value in me that others missed, and decided to grab me before somebody else saw what she did.

She seemed strangely tactical and strategic in a way, like she was all the while carefully plotting how to woo me, and she knew exactly how to grab my interest and attention. Whatever she did it was working, and when I woke up I wished she was real, but I suppose since she was a creation of my own mind it's pretty obvious that she'd know how to win me over.

More then anything else, dreams tell us about ourselves. I guess my take-away from all this, is that I'm attracted to girls who make the first move. I want to be the one to be seduced, not the other way around. I guess that's kind of a reversal of typical gender roles, maybe that's why I still havn't had a girlfriend. Maybe that means I'm attracted to extroverts. Its like instead of going and seeking a girl out, I think I wait until someone finds their way into my life, until we somehow cross paths before I become interested in a girl. If I had to put this into type right now, I'd guess that I might be attracted to ENxx types.

Can anyone relate to some of my feelings? Describe your dream girl/guy, and see if it reveals what kind of person you're attracted to. Don't get too graphic though, stick to personality. There's a reason this isn't in the mature section.

To the OP, I think you had a dream about a ENFP female.

I don't generally have dreams about sexual relationships, when I do they usually involve hermaphrodite type creatures (half male, half female)
I often feel very confused when I have these sort of dreams and usually end up running away from them or pushing them away.
As far as MBTI goes I never really get a chance to find out. They are introverted, emotional and dark (cold).

As far as dream men go, I haven't dreamt of one yet.

Last edited:
About 10 years ago I used to have a lot of dreams like that. I kept a sketchbook where I would draw them after I woke up. I think the most striking one was the girl in the bird cage.

She was about 5' 5, long dirty blond hair, oval face, wearing a wet wedding dress. Every now and again, in the middle of some dream, she would descend from the ceiling or the sky, whatever, on a giant chain connected to her cage, and then just swing around the environment.

By the time I usually caught up with her she would ascend back up into the heavens and disappear.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much chance to talk to her as her role seemed to be primarily directing me towards some kind of sympathy. There was sort of a 'rescuable' quality to her.

In other dreams I would meet various girls at dream parties where the conversations would inevitably turn into a kind of mocking silence, sort of a, "So you think so?", almost therapist like informative conversation. In general those girls were about 5' 3'', somewhat rounded face, short dirty blond hair, very large brown eyes. They always exuded a knowing confidence, like they understood what a dreamscape was, and who the people in it where, and were preying on my relative ignorance.

Last edited:
Thumbs up for sketch books, I draw allot of my dreams. Its a great habbit to get into.

Last edited:
I don't remember my dreams. You're so lucky to remember such details! My dream guy would be artistic or at the very least have an appreciation of the arts and music. He would have a sense of humor, sarcasm is quite alright with me. He would be motivated and driven about his profession. He would be capable of in depth conversation but also know how to be silly and uninhibited. I don't know that there is much else as these qualities are what I have noticed in men over the years that I found endearing. I can't find the words to explain other qualities...

This "girl" may well be your unconscious's expression of your "soul" It is normal to project those characteristics onto lovers or potential lovers. I wonder what is the mbti of your anima?

The dream girl that haunts me the most was one where I was trying to rescue some woman. She was stuck up in a tower, high in the mountains but the tower began to crumble and I couldn't get there in time. The whole time, the sound of a flute being played echoed through the mountains. It was extremely sad. I was about 12.