Does Yahweh/Jesus live by the Golden Rule? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Does Yahweh/Jesus live by the Golden Rule?

So I do have a fundamental disagreement with you.
God and Godliness are not the same thing.
I don't believe humans are God.

So I do have a fundamental disagreement with you.
God and Godliness are not the same thing.
I don't believe humans are God.

On your point of you, you are right,
i decide to be more open minded without religions influences, at the moment i have no evidence that God ever existed. The bible, both old and new testaments are full of contradictions, is very hard for me to accept that God is what religions represent

On your point of you, you are right,
i decide to be more open minded without religions influences, at the moment i have no evidence that God ever existed. The bible, both old and new testaments are full of contradictions, is very hard for me to accept that God is what religions represent

How would you say religions represent God?

Wasn't he critical of all the Rabbis at the time, encouraging people to disregard what they were saying in favor of his new version of things?

At the time of Jesus (PBUH) there was already a lot of corruption within Judaism.

But which source are you getting this form so I can check it out? Cheers

Reactions: hithere
Last edited:
Reactions: Jonah Caan
https://judaismresources.net/2018/06/18/the-historical-jesus-excerpt-from-kosher-reality-2/

Also:
I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).

Thanks for the source.

Please correct me if I am wrong and I apologise if I upset you in any way.

The Jews at the time of Jesus (PBUH) rejected his prophethood, therefore there remains a bias against him in Judaism. Your source is from a website that aims "to bring the truth of Judaism to a wider audience." Therefore it follows that you will be getting a very biased view against Jesus therefrom.

And once again, you must remember that the words within the Bible were changed again and again to best fit the political and social needs of the times.

Also the idea of one man taking the burden of all mankind's sins is illogical to me, as that would challenge God's Justness. It seems like an excuse to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want without any guilt or fear of any repercussions.

What's the point of this life then?

And then it follows that Christians at the time of Muhammad (PBUH) rejected his prophethood.

And yet all 3 Faiths believe in the same God.

Wonderful isn't it?

Thanks for the source.

The Jews at the time of Jesus (PBUH) rejected his prophethood, therefore there remains a bias against him in Judaism. Your source is from a website that aims "to bring the truth of Judaism to a wider audience." Therefore it follows that you will be getting a very biased view against Jesus therefrom.

And once again, you must remember that the words within the Bible were changed again and again to best fit the political and social needs of the times.

Also the idea of one man taking the burden of all mankind's sins is illogical to me, as that would challenge God's Justness. It seems like an excuse to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want without any guilt or fear of any repercussions.

And then it follows that Christians at the time of Muhammad (PBUH) rejected his prophethood.

Wonderful isn't it?

@Jonah Caan - Not offended in any way :).
I actually know the author of the blog irl, and I know he has extensively studied Christianity and the New Testament.

I wouldn't dismiss it just because it's written by someone who believes in Judaism.

Mainstream Christianity maintains that Jesus is the only way to God and I think, as you said, we can agree on our opinion of that. I guess where we disagree is whether or not Jesus himself inspired that attitude.

It truly is a shame, though, that throughout history there has been such destruction wrought in the name of religions who all claim to represent the same God.

Reactions: Jonah Caan
Thanks for the source.

Wonderful isn't it?

All three do NOT view God as the same.

All this is wrong.

@Jonah CaanIt truly is a shame, though, that throughout history there has been such destruction wrought in the name of religions who all claim to represent the same God.

I completely agree. I'm a Muslim and always have had difficulty with so much of Islam as the organised religion has become; so much corruption. When I read The Quran (which has remained the same from the inception of the religion) and then look at how Islam is practised in the world today, it's so bizarre. But then I think it's the nature of man to take something pure and put corruption therein, and this always show after so many centuries of concepts and ideologies been bent to fit the narrative and selfish needs of mankind.

People have either more good or more bad in them and those that want to act out their latter side always choose a beacon/mask to do it from, whether it's religion, football, anti-religion, politics and so on.

And that's one the most fascinating things about the Quran for me, which I follow (more so than the Islam of today); it intensifies who you are. If someone 'good' is coming to it, they will take away the holistic goodness therefrom. But if someone's looking to cause trouble, they'll take out verses out of context and use them as an excuse for their evil deeds.

All the religions I have come across above everything seek love and harmony.

It is man to blame, not religion I think; religion is the mask.

Reactions: hithere and Wyote
I would be glad to if it were 15 years ago when I studied it all. God sent His Son to die for all mankind's sins. Muhammad did not believe that. Not the same God, and He surely isn't a prophet of God.

I would be glad to if it were 15 years ago when I studied it all. God sent His Son to die for all mankind's sins. Muhammad did not believe that. Not the same God, and He surely isn't a prophet of God.

Who isn't a prophet, and which God, since you're saying that Jews, Christians and Muslims don't believe in the same God?

Reactions: Ren
We don't know if there is one God, we don't know if there is many gods out there.
Through the years religion has become a tradition. We get born, we get a name, we get a citizenship and a religion and we have to live with that.
The most fanatic muslim would be the most fanatic Christian if he were raised in a different country.
The brainwash comes from the religion from the society, from school, from family,from tradition and so on
My mom told me that only my god is real and all have to shut up or i kill ya all LOL
This level of education we have in this matter.
What i see is that I'm waiting 2000 years to see God, to bring me enlightenment, love, knowledge, happiness, peace and money Lol
But i guess i will die and nobody is going to knock my door, only Santa claus is coming with a lot of goodies and he makes me feel so fulfilled and happy
I think i believe in santa claus

Reactions: Ren and Wyote
We don't know if there is one God, we don't know if there is many gods out there.
Through the years religion has become a tradition. We get born, we get a name, we get a citizenship and a religion and we have to live with that.
The most fanatic muslim would be the most fanatic Christian if he were raised in a different country.
The brainwash comes from the religion from the society, from school, from family,from tradition and so on
My mom told me that only my god is real and all have to shut up or i kill ya all LOL
This level of education we have in this matter.
What i see is that I'm waiting 2000 years to see God, to bring me enlightenment, love, knowledge, happiness, peace and money Lol
But i guess i will die and nobody is going to knock my door, only Santa claus is coming with a lot of goodies and he makes me feel so fulfilled and happy
I think i believe in santa claus

I think the difference between people who believe in God and people that don't is this: people that truly believe (not blind faith) experienced something beyond, something that felt greater than material reality. It's not simply belief, it's experiential.
I would hope an honest person's internal belief system (that's poor terminology, but I can't think of a better way to say it) is not an accident of birth.

Reactions: Jonah Caan and Ren
I think the difference between people who believe in God and people that don't is this: people that truly believe (not blind faith) experienced something beyond, something that felt greater than material reality. It's not simply belief, it's experiential.

I can think of an epistemological challenge here: could this not be construed still as a belief that the experience in question wasn't an illusion?

Who isn't a prophet, and which God, since you're saying that Jews, Christians and Muslims don't believe in the same God?

I think that when you're talking to a person of very strong faith with (admittedly) an element of dogmaticism at play, it is in some sense out of the question for that person to engage head on in critical discussion, so all that you can fruitfully do is get a finer sense of their perspective.

I would hope an honest person's internal belief system (that's poor terminology, but I can't think of a better way to say it) is not an accident of birth.

And again you didn't understand me
I feel sad and angry, if you cook something nice for me i will get better and maybe i will explain to you about God and the universe Lol