Does taking a vacation help you de-stress? | INFJ Forum

Does taking a vacation help you de-stress?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Does taking a vacation help you destress? Or do you find yourself still thinking about what you should be doing instead?

Last edited:
The latter. I have never taken a vacation that "helps". I constantly worry about what I need to do when I get back, and for the life of me I can not push it out of my head.

When I've gone away somewhere and I don't need to maintain my household at the same time then yes. Usually if I stick around home I find work to do to stress myself out XD.

It has been pretty rare that I find a vacation horribly relieving, I think most time I get pretty stressed constantly being on the go. I like to stay put and just relax, and at that point it is like, why not just stay at home and save money?

I have a hard time not stressing about stuff 24/7

When I've gone away somewhere and I don't need to maintain my household at the same time then yes. Usually if I stick around home I find work to do to stress myself out XD.

Yeah, it's hard to relax at home, even when you're on break, because there's still work somewhere that could be done. I think also that since because phone/text/email, we can always be reached, it makes it hard to feel relaxed, because we're always accessible in way or another.

Yeah, it's hard to relax at home, even when you're on break, because there's still work somewhere that could be done. I think also that since because phone/text/email, we can always be reached, it makes it hard to feel relaxed, because we're always accessible in way or another.
Yeah, though when Chaz was here I sort of didn't bother with MSN. I still came here though, because I wanted to for sure. When I go away, I tend to be in one spot for several weeks, not doing too much of the running about doing fun things, sort of thing. I get a chance to relax then.

Last time I was really super relaxed was when I went to a cottage on a lake when I was a kid, nothing to do, nothing I HAD to do, no pressures. No computer though so I kinda went @_o eventually.

Depends mostly on the people I'm having a vacation with. One year I was in a beautiful place but with an extremely childish person and it was a disaster.

I have no trouble relaxing if I'm alone or with someone who understands and respects my daily routine.

I'm on vacation right now. I've been a little spotty about the amount of time I've been on the internet on a day-to-day basis (none, yesterday).
This vacation has been alternatively completely stress-free and full of stress.
But mostly I think this is because this is the obligatory beach vacation everyone on my dad's side of the family has to take every year together. It's tons of fun, and very stress free because the houses get cleaning service and really mostly what I'm doing is chilling on the beach with whatever anyone brought down in the cooler.
But there's also the mild stress of being one of the few unmarried, non-parental women at the beach, who are always, for some reason, responsible for all the little children that come.

(The parents shamelessly abuse our presence to get a break themselves).

For the most part I don't mind. The kids in my extended family are cool kids, but there's always one or two who don't want to be on the beach or doing whatever "guy" stuff one of my brothers or older cousins want to do.

Then I come up to one of the beach houses, turn on a laptop, and sit here while kid #4 decided to be a tv bum.

When I'm taking a vacation, I'm still taking my mind with me. So I don't know how a vacation could help you distress yourself. Perhaps if you got yourself really high and drunk, but that's another story lol

It depends on where I'm going, how I'm getting there, and who I am with. I don't like driving, but flying can be stressful too. The most relaxing place to go is somewhere in nature. I don't think I could stand going to someplace like Disney right now; I would not enjoy it. A family reunion would increase stress.

"No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one." Elbert Hubbard

If I'm expected to do the least bit of work or take along electronics that I don't want to take along, that will completely ruin the vacation for me. When I was given assignments over summer vacations, I felt like I had lost my summer vacation because I had to worry about those assignments. This was especially true junior year; I didn't get to relax at all that summer.

If I'm taking the vacation alone and at home, then yes.

If I have to spend it with people, then it's usually worse than being at work.

A real vacation always involve mentally destressing, away from environments, (mainly those associated with work or everyday life).

haven't taken one in last 11 years. I can't simply afford it. But I KNOW if I get to take one, it will help me recharge for the next eternity. fml.

haven't taken one in last 11 years. I can't simply afford it. But I KNOW if I get to take one, it will help me recharge for the next eternity. fml.
wow... I hope you like your job...

lol. I am just finishing off undergrad but yeah worked in between, too. I just hope I get to go to a vacation soon :D
Hopefully I will save up some money once I get a job..

A real vacation always involve mentally destressing, away from environments, (mainly those associated with work or everyday life).
pin pon!

Well, I can have my vacation at home as long as no one bothers me.