Do you wish there were more infj's? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you wish there were more infj's?

I live with a ton of intuitives at my school. And yeah, in a way, it's nice, but you have too many "deep" people doing too many different things....and, y'know, a lot of times, N's really aren't inherently deep. We just conform in different ways. There are still a lot of irritating, dumbass N's in the world, alongside the irritating, dumbass S's. S's are at least dumbasses in a way that is obvious and often times more humorous.

I know some INFJs in real life; I don't really hang out with them, though. They're nice, and they're interesting, but we're all a little too quiet or too awkward to really hit it off at the beginning...I don't feel as close a connection with them as I do with certain other types.

I just don't know if I would want to change that balance. What we need, rather than specific types, is that understanding that was mentioned before; any type can learn to be patient and tolerant (even if it's harder for some types than others). That would do more good for the world than changing around types everywhere.

I never meant to say other people dont feel what I feel or see the world i see...I am not in any way discounting other people...I was simply saying that My life sufferes greatly when I pretend to be something I am not... try to conform...to do what society expects me to...to act a certain way...I only meant to say that many INFJ's are never themselves around most people. they are always garded and trying to fit the mold so to speak...Its hard to explain with out saying "we dont fit in" because may people dont. Its more than that though...and now im rambling...Just wanted to say I meant nothing hurtful to anyone else

I just wish that humanity was more intelligent in general, and more INFJs would be good too. However, I like idea of being rare.

Less Fs, especially ENFP & INFJ

more INTJ and INTP.

.....That would be rather scary, actually. Either that, or kind of irritating.

Going back to what Merry was saying - I don't take being an INFJ as a source of pride at all. It's who I am, nothing more and nothing less. But either it's the makeup of the beast or the attitude that makes me want less people in general (introvert, much?). I even have to take time away from this board, sometimes, because there's too much going on. I don't see it as a wanna-be club. It's exciting that there are many of us, but I want genuine relationships too.

I don't think having a lot of INFJs would benefit the world any more than having a lot more of ESTJs would. It's a balance. I'd be just as frustrated if there was a sudden population boom of ESTJs that offset the MBTI balance. It's not about type, it's about balance.

I don't meet many intuitives, so it is a nice perky bonus when I suddenly run into one. But I don't see Sensors as any less approachable, or any less interesting...tho' I do have my preferences on who I like talking to, I will admit that.

It would be nice if there were a few more close enough to have as real life friends. I've only got two, and our life demands often get in the way of us having much contact for months at a time.

I'd love to have a dozen or so of us.

However, I have to agree with the sentiment that it isn't a point of pride that I'm an INFJ. It's just a description of how I think. I'd prefer to be an ENFJ if I could choose because my Fe is always fighting for control and I admire people who let it drive without letting go of their intuition, but my Ni always comes first.

For me, it is validation for having known how different I am from nearly everyone else on this planet my entire life, and why. I'm sure it can look like pride, but it is much more of a "See!? I told you so!"

Last edited:
If the figures are accurate, and roughly 1.5% of the population are INFJ, then there are roughly 100,000,000 INFJs in the world.

100 million.

Wow. I suddenly don't feel so alone.

We need a world INFJ party.lol

But I will say I wish more people got us. I do wish there where fewer people who couldn't understand the other side. I've seen this in both E and I and its annoying.

Oh and I wouldn't mind the E population stop trying to force the rest of us to be like them. That what really gets me. Its like we don't even exist sometimes . Just conform to the E.... no thanks.

It would be nice if there were a few more close enough to have as real life friends. I've only got two, and our life demands often get in the way of us having much contact for months at a time.

I'd love to have a dozen or so of us.

However, I have to agree with the sentiment that it isn't a point of pride that I'm an INFJ. It's just a description of how I think. I'd prefer to be an ENFJ if I could choose because my Fe is always fighting for control and I admire people who let it drive without letting go of their intuition, but my Ni always comes first.

For me, it is validation for having known how different I am from nearly everyone else on this planet my entire life, and why. I'm sure it can look like pride, but it is much more of a "See!? I told you so!"

I agree I would wish I had more good friends.

Last edited: