Do you think INFJs are more intense than INFPs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you think INFJs are more intense than INFPs?

haha, I love the movie, V for Vendetta
Off topic but I also have noticed that I tend to emotionally feed off of the energy of specific settings. That may account for some of the intensity. However, I end up crashing afterwards. People are my energy drink.

Tired of being told repeatedly that I was "The Most Intense Person" various people had ever met, I constructed a beautifully benign and deceptively docile mask. It seems to be very effective.

Until it slips :fear:

haha, I love the movie, V for Vendetta
Off topic but I also have noticed that I tend to emotionally feed off of the energy of specific settings. That may account for some of the intensity. However, I end up crashing afterwards. People are my energy drink.

Seriously? ....dude, that is exactly what I do!! ....my bf has noticed that I'm usually pretty energetic when I've just come from being with a group (small or large) of friends. But sometimes, even a little negativity in my settings can throw me off into despondency for more than a week at a time.

Hehe, Kwis likes to blow up... er, blow up stuff, metaphorically. she's never been a pyromaniac like V.... just a maniac.

Someday, somewhere, at a time when you least expect it, you are SOOO getting it!!!

bah humbug.

this topic is funny for me because my boyfriend is an infp, and oh my god, our fights are so incredibly intense and ridiculous sometimes.

in public, i always seem to be the more intense one - he comes off as very laid back, easygoing - and shy. i come off as... someone who thinks too much.

however, i have a sneaking suspicion that he feels just as intensely as i. he just knows how to hide it better... or something.

Once INFPs confide their deeper feelings and convictions though, the intensity of their earthquake-esque Fi isn't at all any more subdued than passionately raving INFJs I wouldn't think?

amen.

even though he doesn't say nearly as much as i when we're all out arguing, the things he does say... ouch. and the way he refuses to budge, he's about as stubborn as i. of course, afterwards, we fall all over each other apologizing.

this topic is funny for me because my boyfriend is an infp, and oh my god, our fights are so incredibly intense and ridiculous sometimes.

in public, i always seem to be the more intense one - he comes off as very laid back, easygoing - and shy. i come off as... someone who thinks too much.

however, i have a sneaking suspicion that he feels just as intensely as i. he just knows how to hide it better... or something.

amen.

even though he doesn't say nearly as much as i when we're all out arguing, the things he does say... ouch. and the way he refuses to budge, he's about as stubborn as i. of course, afterwards, we fall all over each other apologizing.

BUMP

Yup. Sounds like how me and my INFP fight. From the outside it looks like I'm more intense because I'm the one getting whiney/angry/combative/etc while he's just sitting there not speaking, or not speaking and walking away. But when he does open his mouth, yeah, ouch. I think he's meaner than I am even though he's not the one yelling and being confrontational.

We've been together for over a year and only two or three major fights. We rarely fight. The make-up sex though is pretty good, I must admit, lol. (Kinda wish we fought more often just for the make-up sex!)

The make-up sex though is pretty good, I must admit, lol. (Kinda wish we fought more often just for the make-up sex!)

hahahahaha. omg i love you. the make-up sex is epic.

edit -
also, on this:

We've been together for over a year and only two or three major fights. We rarely fight.

we've had about two major fights as well, but we've been together for half a year. both of them were not really fights about external problems, but us wanting what we thought would be best for each other (which sounds really really weird, but true). one of them was sparked by jealousy. and although we've only had two big fights, both of them resulted in me almost walking away because i thought it would be best for both of us. which obviously wasn't true and thus never happened xD.

we're continuously learning though - this is his first really, really serious relationship, and i dated an INTJ for about three years before i fell head over heels for my INFP.

Last edited:

we're continuously learning though - this is his first really, really serious relationship, and i dated an INTJ for about three years before i fell head over heels for my INFP.

EWWW! A INTJ??? *Sigh* I was in love with INTJs before for all the wrong reasons. I was all INTJ-crazy until my INFP came along to snap me out of it. I love my INFP (Epic make-up sex! ROFLMAO!!! Damn straight!)

BTW Mermaid, I love your avatar.