Do you sense something weird about INFJ's when you're looking at their backs? | INFJ Forum

Do you sense something weird about INFJ's when you're looking at their backs?

SuperFob

Regular Poster
Aug 18, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
I tend to sense something weird about INFJ's (and all Ni users, for that matter) when I'm looking at them from behind. I don't have any words to describe it, but maybe I can say that it's kind of like a weird, weighty energy surrounding them. I know there has to be at least one other INFJ here who will agree with me on this. Where are you?

To sense anyone from back, i think it is not good thing to do. try to sense them in front of them, You will know more. From back side, you can't see their eyes and plus you can miss their body language,too. May be you're catching wrong energies. So wait for a while and see what it says. Whatever you receive, any energy go with it and refine it. then fix what is it and then decide what it was. I am sure, you will identify and will recognize with true points.

May be you're catching wrong energies.
The energies are still coming from the same person, so they aren't wrong. A wrong energy would come from some other entitiy.

The energies are still coming from the same person, so they aren't wrong. A wrong energy would come from some other entitiy.

Possible. Then you should focus more on this energy. try to see your inner self and ask it. Looking inner self means, try to find solution with reference to your self knowledge. this is tough and we need more experience.

I tend to sense something weird about INFJ's (and all Ni users, for that matter) when I'm looking at them from behind. I don't have any words to describe it, but maybe I can say that it's kind of like a weird, weighty energy surrounding them. I know there has to be at least one other INFJ here who will agree with me on this. Where are you?

You wouldn't be giving them a bear hug from behind when you sense this weighty energy surrounding them would you?

Seriously, I have noticed people are very reluctant to speak to me or tap me on the shoulder when my back is turned. hmmm?

I was told by alot of people I trust - they all see and sence something attached to me, on my back. Like it's following me. but its been said to be very dark, but not threatening.. My love told me it felt like it was "saving me for something bigger".. like a guardian.. but yea.. I know what your talking about.

I don't know enough INFJs in real life to experiment with this, but it is very well possible. I have done a shiatsu course and the more sensitive I get for peoples energy, the more I can find out, just by looking at them, the problems they are dealing with, emotions, physical problems, ... So since INFJ's have some simular problems in life, it is possible that they have some kind of simular energy.

is this weighty energy situated on a certain part of there body or is it in general. What kind of feelings/thoughts/visions do you have when watching this energy?

is this weighty energy situated on a certain part of there body or is it in general.
I'm not sure if "energy" was the right word. I think a better way to describe it would be saying that when I look at an INFJ from behind, it's almost like the back of his or her body has a mysterious, faceless personality of its own. Kind of like a mirror to the personality you sense when you look at the front of an INFJ, only much more mysterious.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know, as I've never knowingly met another INFJ, although I'd love to. After all, they are only about 1% of the population.

No.

Could this perhaps be moved to the mumbo jumbo forum or even imagination excercises?

Reactions: bamf
Yes...

I mean, if we're talking about such garbage as spiritual energy and 'sensing', which is a science formed entirely in the head of he who considers it and with no basis in the real world, then I have nothing much of use to say.

Yes...

I mean, if we're talking about such garbage as spiritual energy and 'sensing', which is a science formed entirely in the head of he who considers it and with no basis in the real world, then I have nothing much of use to say.

then I sugest you shut up :D

there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio
than are dreamt of in your philosophy

what is the real world basis of MBTi? What is personality really? Can you feel it, see it, touch it, measure it??

Last edited:
what is the real world basis of MBTi?

The difference in what neurons are fired across our brain in certain situations.

I'm not looking to make this an argument though, just tactlessly suggested the topic to be moved.

I know I'm a bad person.

The MBTI is a largely scientific method of quantifying personality.

The difference here is saying 'Ah look, I can tell what is going on in that girls head from the actions which she is performing at current in relation to the actions the MBTI set out for that type'

Compared to all the mysticism garbage which says:

'Oh, I have this minute feeling that there is a certain aura around you based entirely on my conceptions and not structured around a psychological framework.
I just made it up really, but if I say 'magic' and 'feelings' in the same sentence that makes it right'

Of course, for some people it's just a way of hooking up.

Bastards.

I think there is something to seeing the back of someone and their presence. One word- posture. How someone carries themselves translates just as well, if not moreso, from their back. I think you can tell a lot about how confident, fit, and calm/tense someone is in the same way. I think that since we focus so much attention to what's going on in front of us, the back of us tells us something about what they're portraying subsconsciously about our energy level and confidence.

I was told by alot of people I trust - they all see and sence something attached to me, on my back. Like it's following me. but its been said to be very dark, but not threatening.. My love told me it felt like it was "saving me for something bigger".. like a guardian.. but yea.. I know what your talking about.

Like on Dr Who when his lady friend goes back in time?