Do you like going to the movies alone or with someone? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you like going to the movies alone or with someone?

I went to a movie alone today - afternoon. There was no one in the theatre but me. It felt weird to say the least. But the movie was nice, so it wasn't so bad. If it was a scary movie, i'd probably leave. :D

I can't do anything alone other than maybe shopping. When there's other people out there I feel waaay too insecure to do anything alone.

I like to go to the movies with a close firend or two, but not a whole bunch of people. I like the subtle mental connection that forms between me and the other person as we absorb and analyze what is going on, the shared flickers of intution, and of course the discussion of the movie afterwards. I like hearing it from another point of view because sometimes the other person may point out something interesting that you missed and vice versa

I have gone to the movies alone a few times and each time I have enjoyed the experience. I don't have any real need to bring anyone with me. Sometimes I just like not having to talk to anyone during the movie. I HATE when people talk during movies.

I'm not a big fan of going to see movies alone.

This is because I am an obnoxious movie person. =p

If a movie is truly deep or fantastic I will be mute throughout the whole thing.... otherwise I like to make little comments to the person sitting next to me.

I find this makes even the worst movies, actually especially the worst movies fun. I cannot do this if I have no one with me. I also just like someone to talk to before and after the movies - what's the point of seeing a movie if you can't talk about it? Whether in ridicule or reverence the whole movie experience doesn't always feel "real" to me unless I have someone with me to digest it with.

But I only really like to do this with people I am close to.

To be honest, I kind of like romantic comedies... but they make me rather uncomfortable. Often the characters just act so stupid I can't believe they survived until adulthood. Or often one character will have a secret or something they are hiding from the other person which leads to intense disappointment in all the characters. I have actually walked out of a theater before during one of those scenes. I love smart comedy, action, adventure, movies that can make me think, and of course general kick assery. I even like romance, I just don't always like the format of the romantic comedies.

I have gone to the movies alone a few times and each time I have enjoyed the experience. I don't have any real need to bring anyone with me. Sometimes I just like not having to talk to anyone during the movie. I HATE when people talk during movies.

Yeah, i like to see films with friends/family but i hate it when someone is talking during the film unless the audience is reacting together at a scene. However, i will tend to look at the person beside me to see how they're responding to the film.

Yeah, i like to see films with friends/family but i hate it when someone is talking during the film unless the audience is reacting together at a scene. However, i will tend to look at the person beside me to see how they're responding to the film.

I never ever look at the person I am watching the movie with lol. When I am watching a movie the person I am with gets completely ignored. I get totally immersed in what I am watching and the outside world tends not to exist. So I guess in a way I am always at the movie alone, unless the person I am with starts a conversation and breaks my concentration lol.

I actually prefer watching movies alone from the comfort of my home.

The only time I actually want someone else there is if it's a funny movie, because then it's usually okay to talk during the movie. That's not to say that I don't go with friends to the movie theater, but rather that if I'm going with friends, it usually has little or nothing to do with the movie.

If the movie is fantastically awesome, I prefer to watch it with other people so we can share it.

I'm not uncomfortable going to the movies alone though ... I do it all the time.

Do you like going to the movies alone or with someone - another friend/partner, or even a large group?

all three are good =)

I have been to the movies alone a few times. I like it a lot, I only feel a bit insecure about what the people around me must think of me "going alone :shocked::shocked:". I think for me it is best to go alone to movies I really really want to see and that have a really big impact on me, like avatar for example. What I really detest is when the movie has finished and I sit there completely swept away, still processing it, and then my friend starts chatting about the most stupid thing that is completely not related to the movie. At such a moment please talk about the movie or shut up :D

I also don't understand why people think of going to the movies as a social event. You sit next to eachother and watch a big screan for 90 minutes, what is so social about that? If someone wants to do something with me and I know it is really difficult to keep a conversation going with that person, I'll invite him/her to the movies :D

I've never gone to the cinema by myself.

I've always associated it with being a social experience. The thought of sitting in a cinema by myself to watch an epic movie seems... strange. Why would you? The atmosphere of the crowd is half the enjoyment!

There are some movies I am fundamentally embarrassed to admit appeal to me - I'll go and see these alone. For example: the old Star Trek films. This extends to embarrasment at going to see a film a second time - like Avatar.

Otherwise, I like going to the movies with other people... I make a special point to invite people who seem lonely or left out where I work to come to the movies with me.

With people, if possible.

Doesnt really matter to me, but i have gone by myself a number of times.