Do you Journal/Keep a Diary? | INFJ Forum

Do you Journal/Keep a Diary?

Are you INFJ and do you Journal/Keep a Diary?

• INFJ: Journals/Keeps a Diary

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • INFJ: Doesn't Journal/Keep a Diary

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Non-INFJ: Journals/Keeps a Diary

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Non-INFJ: Doesn't Journal/Keep a Diary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a paper journal. It gets updated every five years or so, haha. I use my LiveJournal account a little more frequently.

Well...yes and no. :)
I do enjoy writing...and very much so. I love writing down my personal thoughts and feelings but I don't necessarily do it in an organized and systematical way. I just do it whenever I feel like it and I don't really have a journal that I keep all of my "entries" in. Sometimes I just write little phrases and sentences that I come up with on some program on my computer and save them lol. So I guess I do, but I'm not good at it either lol.

I don't keep a diary anymore. I did when I was in elementary school for a while. Then someone found it and read it. I learned from then on not to keep one anymore.

I haven't kept a regular diary for many years, but I do write my thoughts down when I need to, in journal form.

I don't, and I don't think I ever did. But I'm not much of a writer.

I have a journal to release any emotional tension I have.

Or just have ruin when I am angry like no other.

i have a jounal...but I neglect it...so no?:m125:

Its a lonely little journal...I wonder if its sad?

well i have one on this forum, but that's a pretty new thing for me. before that i didn't keep journals.

well i have one on this forum, but that's a pretty new thing for me. before that i didn't keep journals.

OH YEA!! I have one of those too...Its kinda neglected too tho...and random...:m125:

I only write journal when I have something I want to remember, like a great vacation or some more or less extraordinary experience.

I don't like shallow diarys ;) by that I mean like "today I got up and .... bla bla bla" type of diarys.

I keep a shelf full of journals, actually. And I love reading the old ones. I write down whatever I can't express to people. I have to. When I don't have a way to write, I start to get severely depressed.

Last edited:
Well...yes and no. :)
I do enjoy writing...and very much so. I love writing down my personal thoughts and feelings but I don't necessarily do it in an organized and systematical way. I just do it whenever I feel like it and I don't really have a journal that I keep all of my "entries" in. Sometimes I just write little phrases and sentences that I come up with on some program on my computer and save them lol. So I guess I do, but I'm not good at it either lol.

This is exactly what i've been doing.

I keep a shelf full of journals, actually. And I love reading the old ones. I write down whatever I can't express to people. I have to. When I don't have a way to write, I start to go severely depressed.

Hmm, that WOULD be really nice to be able to read back on your life. I hadn't thought about that.

I don't keep a journal, maybe I should try. I don't think I would write in it except when I have some sort of extreme emotion/inspiration.

Do you write regularly?

I don't keep a diary anymore. I did when I was in elementary school for a while. Then someone found it and read it. I learned from then on not to keep one anymore.

You should get one and booby trap it.

I have
2 scribble pads (one is for mostly to-do lists, the other is for random songs, poetry, and sometimes journal entries)
1 paper journal
A "notepad" document on two different computers
And random multiple word document journal entries.

So yes. I really depend on them. I was actually goin to write in a bit.

I have tried to, but I can't (procrastination always gets in the way)

I used to keep a physical diary, but I had problems with people taking my stuff, plus I would misplace it, so I tore it up.
I sometimes write blog posts on myspace, merely for my own records as I've had trouble remembering things for the past year in part to medication.

Yes, I often write and reflect about what's going on in my life, or just do free-witting it's quite rejuvenating when your in a morose mood or just bored.