Do you imagine/fantasise about stuff like conversations a lot? | INFJ Forum

Do you imagine/fantasise about stuff like conversations a lot?

easy_rider

Community Member
Jun 3, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I spend like an hour every night lying in bed just imagining a conversation with someone or some event happening.

It's normal. :) And I talk to myself so often it's criminal. I used to have oratories as a child, where I'd talk to myself for hours. I'd pretend I was speaking to an audience, and debating my point of view (like I'd seen on news shows).

Yeah. I was a weird kid.:hippie:

Yes, my best ever date went for 7 hours of us just chatting and walking everywhere.

I fantasize about dates like that a lot. I love long conversations.

Oh, thank God, I'm sane!

Haha, yeah I do this ALOT

Oh, thank God, I'm sane!

Lol! Well I don't know if you can judge your sanity by the rest of ours, but I know it does make me feel a bit better realizing I'm not the ONLY one who thinks/does things like this. :D

I realized it was out of hand when I started reflecting on the forum threads last night before I fell asleep. :(

Oh I daydream all the time, usually it's about some movie plot I just made up.

Or I could imagine conversations that go on for hrs about my favorite topic, idle speculation.

most of my daydreaming involves vivid imagery of people (expressions, movements, reactions, etc.), nature (colours and smells), and inner emotions (what they'd visually look like).

when it is about people, they seldom involve language, much less full conversations...even though communication is supposedly happening (often through body language or through a sense of mutual understanding of what's to happen).

i find that somewhat strange since many of you have inner conversations with others, monologues, debates even? :m075:

I tend to do this WAY too often which keeps me from being productive in real-life. Imagined conversations happen most often when I'm trying to sleep. Sometimes I relive conversations/encounters I've had with people in real life because I thought it was interesting and wanted to experience it again since my life tends to be boring outside of these rare interesting encounters. If they don't happen for a long time I just make them up in my mind. I'm glad I'm not alone as I was beginning to think I had some kind of "problem".

most of my daydreaming involves vivid imagery of people (expressions, movements, reactions, etc.), nature (colours and smells), and inner emotions (what they'd visually look like).

when it is about people, they seldom involve language, much less full conversations...even though communication is supposedly happening (often through body language or through a sense of mutual understanding of what's to happen).

i find that somewhat strange since many of you have inner conversations with others, monologues, debates even? :m075:
Yes, I definitely have a lot of inner conversations/ debates. But, this does not always prove to be helpful. It must be so interesting to be able to daydream in images and even smells! Are you by chance an artist? Because it seems like if you can imagine these things so vividly, that you could express them more easily.

Yes, I definitely have a lot of inner conversations/ debates. But, this does not always prove to be helpful. It must be so interesting to be able to daydream in images and even smells! Are you by chance an artist? Because it seems like if you can imagine these things so vividly, that you could express them more easily.

i'm sure inner conversations and debates must help in the way that they prepare you for future situations beforehand.

i've tried this, but i don't do it naturally and would have to consciously imagine the stream of language happening in the scenario.

no no i'm not an artist in reference to career, but i am very attached to playing music and am intrigued by art in its boundless expressional forms.

i do find that imagery greatly influences my expression and understanding of music, particularly if it involves people i greatly cherish and the emotions associated with them.

Yep, I've been fantasizing for about two months now how the whole scene will play out when my husband comes home from Iraq. It's always extremely vivid and realistic, but always more melodramatic than what will probably actually occur. ;) My imagination is always more dramatic than my reality.

I do this alot as well, must be an infj thing. This tread reminds me alot of Neon Genisis Evangelion. The main chraracter is agreat example of an infj and there are times twords the later part of the series where the viewer gets to se what is happing in his mind durring sertain events and it very much like what everyone is talking about in this thread. Anyone, regardless of whether you like anime cause i for one dont (exept for this of course), who has not seen this show abolutely has to esecialy if your an infj. its absolutely mindblowing

Yeah I often imagine conversations when I'm trying to get to sleep. I think to same degree it's a way of me venting the emotions that I wish I could tell someone but don't feel comfortable enough to do so.

Lol! Well I don't know if you can judge your sanity by the rest of ours...

Only the insane can truly judge what is sane. :tongue1:

Yes, I fantasize about whole conversations. Arguments too. I love to try and figure out what people are going to say next. I spent 5 hours just pacing back and forth; Stuck in my mind thinking about conversations and how people are going to react to this or what they will say to that, once.

As I have said already, I do this alot. And agree with others reactions as well. I had no idea that our type did this that much. I use this as a visualization technique (for those of you who know about manifesting and the law of attraction, this is a tool I use). I will actually stand up, and have full on conversations. When it is the other persons turn to speak, I will say it in my head. what is interesting is that there are times when I don't even feel like I am speaking for the other person. It is like it comes from somewhere else.