Do You Hate Being Watched? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do You Hate Being Watched?

I enjoy people watching so if someone wants to watch me then I generally don't mind...it really depends on why they are watching and for how long etc. I normally tend to make eye contact (usually smile) and take it from there....I might even start a conversation.....! I'm an introvert, truly! :wink:

Who watches the watchmen?

This made me remember an instance in time that I recall particularly well. I had this INFJ assistant at the university I went to, and sometimes we walked together after class. So, somehow, we ended up loosing each other on the way out because we went to the bathroom at different times. How hard is it to find somebody in a building with only 2 floors? Well, it turns out, it can take a while. When I finally did find him, I was walking up the stairs and saw him standing by the window with his arms crossed behind his back. He was still, completely motionless, watching people in the back yard. It was the most serene state I've ever seen him in. It looked like he was a part of the scenery. I was hesitant to "interrupt" the moment. Later I told him that, but he seemed kind of out of it and I don't remember his reaction. Oddly enough, I would avoid watching him whenever I could because I felt he didn't like it, but when I did look at him once for longer than a few seconds, he noticed, looked back at me, and it was a really, really long eye contact moment that I still have difficulty deciphering. It was like having a conversation without having a conversation. Coincidentally, I also felt him watching me, or other people, for long periods of time without doing anything about it because I didn't mind. When in INFJ watches you, you can almost feel their fascination with people. It's a positive vibe.

If someone I find attractive is watching me, I like it and I blush a little. I might even act a little to enhance my cuteness.

If someone I don't like or mistrust is watching me, I try to ignore it and leave if I can.

The thread @Gist started on Eye Contact helped provide the backdrop, and a comment from @Marnie the substance of the thread itself. So merci! I'd rather have started this thread in a day or so, to give room to the Eye Contact thread, but if I don't do it now, I'll forget.

I personally hate being watched. As a child I used to get so angry at my younger brother for staring at me, and he'd keep doing it because I made a deal of it lol. I like outside, but I'll close my curtains if it means stopping someone from watching me. I can't study if someone is looking at me. I need to be unwatched. I can feel people's gaze, and it makes me feel uncomfortable if they're peering in on me, or looking at me outside of the context of having a discussion. CTV cameras don't worry me too much, even though I'd prefer not being watched. For me it's really being watched in person, by another person. I think I may be the most adverse to 'being watched' out of all the people I've met - except perhaps certain characters I've met on the streets or in the ward.

Anyone hate being watched?

I've had both good and bad experiences with this. There are definitely angels and devils in disguise out there and one needs to be wary of their motives both on the scene and behind the scenes. I can feel it both up close and from afar no matter how carefully someone conceals themselves. Unless I am totally distracted or focused on something else and get caught off guard. But my question to all this is, whatever happened to common decency when someone knocked before entering your personal space? I am a private person in a world that increasingly has no respect for privacy. It makes things irritating and awkward.

I've had both good and bad experiences with this. There are definitely angels and devils in disguise out there and one needs to be wary of their motives both on the scene and behind the scenes. I can feel it both up close and from afar no matter how carefully someone conceals themselves. Unless I am totally distracted or focused on something else and get caught off guard. But my question to all this is, whatever happened to common decency when someone knocked before entering your personal space? I am a private person in a world that increasingly has no respect for privacy. It makes things irritating and awkward.

I thought about this while I was away from the forum for a few days. Being watched and eye contact in general. The awareness of being watched. I realized that I generally do like eye contact, and will look if invited to look. Inadvertent signals that give you permission to look as simple as a smile. It seems like people are much more guarded than they used to be.

Shoot, even I don't like being watched while working. But I like public speaking. Watch me! Love me! Lol!

Personally :grinning: I never liked public speaking, but I did get over my fear of it. I was required to do public speaking for work for a few years. I would write what I was going to say about a week ahead of time, read it a few times and then forget about it. The day of, I would read it a couple of times and try not to think about it too much. When it came time for speaking, sometimes I would stumble at first, but then I would just turn off part of my brain and proceed. I would sort of enter a trance like state.

Watched as in looking over my shoulder while I'm on the computer, or in a sexual voyeuristic type of way?

One doesn't bother me, one is annoying.