Do you downplay emotional problems? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you downplay emotional problems?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16771
  • Start date
Regardless, there are certain things that certain people like in others. People who are attracted to you start to look the same after a while. It doesn't matter how unique you are.

How I experience Fe is sharing others’ emotions. Spreading good vibes, etc. Being social. It’s very different and not a lot about your own internal feelings

The emo kids are all ExFP/IxFP for a reason. They take it to a whole new level

Last edited:
what are we not giving a fuck about? I'm too lazy to look.

Still too lazy to hit reply as well I see.

I'm just saying, our auto mode is uncaring/unsympathetic in a way, and we review feelings in a delayed fashion, and we're also highly capable of turning off emotions essentially, if needed.

Well I alternate between my default of feeling absolutely nothing 99% of the time to the 1% of the time when the feels rise and just wash me away. Believe me, nobody is more surprised than me when Fe bubbles up to the surface.

No controlling that amigos, not for this spirit bacon robut INTP

Well I alternate between my default of feeling absolutely nothing 99% of the time to the 1% of the time when the feels rise and just wash me away. Believe me, nobody is more surprised than me when Fe bubbles up to the surface.

No controlling that amigos, not for this spirit bacon robut INTP
same, honestly.

Personally, it depends on the situation and external factors involved. I have no problem verbalizing my feelings when need be, but it's a rare occurrence. I try to suppress my emotions and thoughts to maintain some sort of peace. I don't like any type of interaction or conversation that could potentially stir any awkward or negative feelings, thus I keep my own feelings private and analyze and resolve them on my own. But when I was going through my stages of depression in my younger years, I knew that I couldn't rely fully on myself to get better. So I believe we INFJs know a certain point and time when we really can't afford to be stubborn and have to seek others out and gain some perspectives for mental well-being and clarity; otherwise we would get stuck in this painful NiTi loop.

Nowadays in some rare occurances, if I do get into situations or circumstances where I am overwhelmed and strongly cannot contain my emotions/ thoughts that have been quite nagging, then I will speak up---I won't enjoy it though. I notice the tendency that some---not all---INFJs keep certain emotions to themselves to the point where they cannot contain them and it blows up at one point; an aspect that needs to be worked on and something I am quite guilty of at times.

Nonetheless, I believe I fall more in the spectrum of downsizing my emotions not because I am fearful but rather because I am private and prefer to fix my issues alone just to maintain the peace.

So I believe we INFJs know a certain point and time when we really can't afford to be stubborn and seek others out and gain some perspectives for mental well-being and clarity.

Yep!

not because I am fearful but rather because I am private and prefer to fix my issues alone just to maintain the peace.

Indeed

Hahahahaha... You're too late. Your sass has already been stifled!

giphy.gif