Do you consider yourself a nice person? | INFJ Forum

Do you consider yourself a nice person?

not really. A genuinely nice person i assume sees the good in people and always looks for the best in everyone and treats people well in spite of who they are. As anyone, I can be polite and considerate but I don't think i'm an quintessentially nice person. Simply because someone is nice on the surface doesn't make them a nice person nor a bad person either. Some are nice because they are required to be because of circumstances, but of course there are genuinely nice people in the world who i admire. Without them, the world would be a much more difficult place to live in.

Last edited:
Not particularly. I try to do what I believe is right but I fail quite often.

In actuality, no. I usually don't like people that easily, and since I link liking people to being nice, I am not immediately nice to people. They have to earn it.

I can be civil, I can be polite, I can even help you, but does that mean I like you?

Me being nice/liking you comes after I lower my walls down, I see a spark in you that I like, that I know that you aren't completely out for manipulative gain. You have license to be manipulative...Everyone is in their own way.

But, if you were to wrong me extensively. My niceness ends there. And we start over (that's when second chances come in).

Yes, I am very nice.

Depends on the person and situation. If I get mad no I am not nice. I try to avoid having to be mean. But some people need a foot in their ass....

Reactions: Gaze
INDEED.
Depression can make me pretty misogynistic at times but I'm naturally a sweet little cupcake. :m032:

yes and no.
sorry, there's no other way for me to answer that. i can't help i'm so darn complex.

Generally, yes. I'm usually calm, polite and I try to see things from other people's point of view. Trying to understand another individual's perspective is important to me.

That said, I'm not always as kind on the inside. And if someone hurts me or those I am close with, the kid gloves come off.

I'm usually calm, polite and I try to see things from other people's point of view. Trying to understand another individual's perspective is important to me.

That said, I'm not always as kind on the inside. And if someone hurts me or those I am close with, the kid gloves come off.

This^^^ exactly.

Not really.

when somebody hurts me I will confront them and shatter their existence with my words until they cry

I often get very absorbed in my emotions (especially if someone hurts my feelings) to the point I don't notice other peoples until after I have hurt them. When I realize what I have done I feel horrible about it of course, and I do try not to. But I have really passionate reactions, I always kind of have. Not that I don't still try not to. I've gotten better about this over the years but I am a work in progress.

TL;DR - Jill's not really that nice, but cares a lot more than she lets on.

when somebody hurts me I will confront them and shatter their existence with my words until they cry

I don't think this makes you neither good nor bad. It just has to do with people getting what they deserve.

yes. whether people see me as a nice is a question that I've not studied enough to answer.

I don't know....

I consider myself a caring/compassionate person, but I know that isn't the same really.

I think I am nice to anyone I consider a friend, and to the people I work with, but I can turn incredibly nasty to randoms who prejudge me, because it is something I find difficult to handle.