do you "believe" in UFO's | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

do you "believe" in UFO's

Do You Believe In UFO's

• I do Believe in UFO's. (they are real)

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • I do not Believe in UFO's (it is not happening)

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters
~jet said:
BUT, keep in mind that when stars are born, they aren't born singly... and their siblings tend to have similar qualities to them... all traveling in roughly the same direction down the grand circular stream of the galaxy together as they slowly age and disperse. In other words, many of a star's neighbors are going to have a little something in common with it, ours included.

But most of the stars in our neck of the woods aren't G-type stars like our sun, they're M-type "red-dwarf" stars, and red-dwarfs are much less conducive to the development of planets capable of supporting life than "yellow" dwarfs like our Sun. And out of the 50 or so nearest stars only 4 have been found to have planets, and most of those are gaseous.

Still, there's dozens of books written by researchers of varying levels of repute detailing 1000s of incidents over six decades, spanning back even prior to the time that bug-eyed grey things became a part of popular culture. A google search on the subject produces 300000 pages (most of which I'd suggest are garbage, though.)
But even if any of those claims have been substantiated, would that really add proof to the idea that Governments take the idea of alien visitation seriously, or is it more likely that it's all about Governments ensuring the secrecy of their (very human) black projects?

Grey parrots outperform many of our students at basic math...
Got links to proof about these parrots? I had a quick look around and all I could find was that they're generally considered to have cognitive abilities similar to that of a toddler, which IMO wouldn't make them better at basic maths than "most of our students".

The whole point being, given the vastness of opportunity just one world has given over to the eventuality of intellect and creativity, another planet's attempts at the same thing resulting in something that is structured 99% like us... I'd call un-possible odds.
To my knowledge the rough consensus amongst the pros is that alien life would probably develop along fairly similar lines to ours, because the environmental challenges they are likely to face/have faced are probably going to be pretty similar to the ones we have. (As an example of how that kind of thing happens here on Earth, the eyeball has evolved independently numerous times during our planet's history).

But most of the stars in our neck of the woods aren't G-type stars like our sun, they're M-type "red-dwarf" stars, and red-dwarfs are much less conducive to the development of planets capable of supporting life than "yellow" dwarfs like our Sun. And out of the 50 or so nearest stars only 4 have been found to have planets, and most of those are gaseous.

Most stars EVERYWHERE (sorta) are mundane red dwarves... however, when you actually extend out to the reach of our radio waves, there are hundreds of G types, many of which are still related to us enough to have been around long enough and have had enough of the right masses and metallicity consistencies. To be fair, actually, if you disrelate from us and notch down a bit to K classers, your odds of life go up (not only because they are calmer, but they have much longer lifespans.)

But even if any of those claims have been substantiated, would that really add proof to the idea that Governments take the idea of alien visitation seriously, or is it more likely that it's all about Governments ensuring the secrecy of their (very human) black projects?

The latter is certainly fair; and might even be fare of those working for the military/airlines/etc who've seen funny things and then been told not to talk about it with references like 'they'd never find your bones out in them deserts.'

Got links to proof about these parrots? I had a quick look around and all I could find was that they're generally considered to have cognitive abilities similar to that of a toddler, which IMO wouldn't make them better at basic maths than "most of our students".

Sounds like you've found the same ones, albeit are taking them differently.

To my knowledge the rough consensus amongst the pros is that alien life would probably develop along fairly similar lines to ours, because the environmental challenges they are likely to face/have faced are probably going to be pretty similar to the ones we have. (As an example of how that kind of thing happens here on Earth, the eyeball has evolved independently numerous times during our planet's history).

Yep, the eyeball has done just that, and look at how many bizarre varieties of them there are. Further, look at how many millions of ways this one earth's biota has adapted to said challenges.

Most stars EVERYWHERE (sorta) are mundane red dwarves... however, when you actually extend out to the reach of our radio waves, there are hundreds of G types, many of which are still related to us enough to have been around long enough and have had enough of the right masses and metallicity consistencies. To be fair, actually, if you disrelate from us and notch down a bit to K classers, your odds of life go up (not only because they are calmer, but they have much longer lifespans.)

True that, but then we get into the territory of what you might call "traverse-ability", i.e. how far is too far when it comes to traversing the distances between stars? Sure, we can start saying that said alien race is capable of faster-than-light or near-light travel, but if we take Occam's razor to it then the most likely scenario is that if there's other life out there in the "local" vicinity, and if that life is "intelligent", then the odds are likely to be very low that said life would have technology that advanced.

Sounds like you've found the same ones, albeit are taking them differently.
Not really sure how else to take them, numerically toddlers don't make up the majority of students. =/

Yep, the eyeball has done just that, and look at how many bizarre varieties of them there are. Further, look at how many millions of ways this one earth's biota has adapted to said challenges.
There are a lot of relatively cosmetic variations between eyes, but when you get down to it there are a number of basic commonalties.

For example, only complexly developed life-forms have eyes (no bacteria or viruses), out of those species it seems that only animals have eyes (we haven't found any plants or fungi yet that have them), the vast majority of those animals that do have eyes only have two of them, and those two eyes are usually forward-facing in animals that are predominately predatory, and side-facing in animals that are predominately herbivorous. Additionally (excluding the multi-faceted eyes of insects), eyes are usually round with a pupil in the middle. We have the round pupils of mammals, birds and many (if not most) fish, the slit pupils of reptiles, and some niche pupils (like those wierdy hourglass shaped pupils some crustaceans have).

What we can take from this as far as alien evolution goes is that the kind of "intelligent" aliens we've been talking about are likely to be animals (or an animal equivalent), have two eyes (which are likely to be either forward or side-facing), and those eyes are likely to be either multi-faceted or round with a shaped pupil in the middle. And obviously this process can be applied to the rest of the body too, to varying degrees. Which means that "Intelligent" aliens are likely to look fairly similar to us (though probably not in the Star Trek "Oh hi, I'm a human with a funny shaped nose!" sense).

Yes I actually do.

And usually when I say I do, I get weird stares, but I honestly don’t care a flip. It would be a bit close-minded to think that we are the only living and intelligent beings in an ever-expanding universe and that our planet hasn’t been already discovered.

I watched this documentary the other day in Netflix called Unacknowledged which I highly recommend to anyone. It deeply delves into the corruption of the mass media and the cover-up of UFOs and extraterrestrials that goes behind the government.

Even myself I had some questionable and intriguing experiences here in Arizona that I still scratch my head about and yet have to figure out. UFO sightings are quite common here alongside with Colorado and New Mexico, and the Phoenix Lights phenomena was witness by thousands of people and still unsolved. But many of us Arizonans know that it is one of the most legitimate evidence of UFOs till this day.

So yep, I do believe. :smile:

As for whether or not UFOs have visited earth...who knows. I think outside of our solar system, there's probably a good chance that alien life exists. In our solar system, our planet is the perfect distance away from the sun to create an environment for things to grow(Goldilocks Zone). Scientists have found planets in solar systems far away that exist in the "Goldilocks Zone" as well...so it's definitely plausible that alien life exists elsewhere.

As for whether or not UFOs have visited earth...who knows. I think outside of our solar system, there's probably a good chance that alien life exists. In our solar system, our planet is the perfect distance away from the sun to create an environment for things to grow(Goldilocks Zone). Scientists have found planets in solar systems far away that exist in the "Goldilocks Zone" as well...so it's definitely plausible that alien life exists elsewhere.

Yup, life definitely exists elsewhere. Or rather its a very high probability.

Has it been to Earth?

HELL NO.

When we see aliens it will be before an Invasion or Liberation, or when we hit a technological threshold.

Aliens will either

a) Conquer or colonise us like the European Powers did America and Africa due to our technological inferiority
b) Attempt to genocide us to remove competition or a threat
c) Immediate add us to their Federation of Aliens through diplomacy
d) Fear our aggression or lack of technology and shun us either forever or until we reach a social/technologic marker

Either way, when they come they will either be loud and their arrival will be extremely visable worldwide, or they will ignore us entirely.

There is no reason to abduct crazy people and murder cows whilst leaving crop circles.

They aren't here yet. When they are, we'll damn well know about it.

iu

Lol. Of course.
But I don't know anything @Wyote . I know nothing. I've seen nothing. I heard nothing.
I thought this thread was about what you believe. :p

Well that's a spoonful of disappointment

I’m split 50/50 on this one. I mean when you know how vast space truly is...one cannot fathom that we are the only “intelligent” life forms out there.
But then I have to admit that the lack of concrete evidence. Not a single high definition clip exists from the billion of iPhones out here day and night.
It’s one thing not to capture Bigfoot, but UFOS in the sky? And yes, I’m aware of the thousands of annual eye witness accounts but come on, you mean to tell me that in the history of the modern world not one low IQ alien has fucked up and clearly revealed himself? How can that be?
i don’t know, maybe I’m just tired of the bullshit uncertainty. I don’t get excited about UFOs like I used to, that’s for sure.

Reactions: flower
I think that I'm neutral, predominantly because I haven't had a personal interest in it so I haven't spent the time to investigate it.

Last year around March my grandma showed me an article that said something to the effect that intelligent life had been proven improbable and she seemed pretty dismayed about it.

I'm not 100% sure that this was the article but it sounds like it:https://www.airspacemag.com/daily-p...elligent-life-universe-may-be-rare-180974990/

I read that article and my takeaway was that intelligent life is super low odds and requires very specific conditions.
Which could exist perhaps billions of light years away. You know the type of places that would take, 1 million years to travel to. This is why cannot fully dismiss the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the known and unknown universe. But the other side of my brain says, in this local cluster of galaxies, maybe we are the only intelligent life forms. Even for super intelligent alien life forms, having to travel for 1 million years to get to us, even with time and space bending, it would still be an amazing accomplishment.