Do think you are a difficult person? | INFJ Forum

Do think you are a difficult person?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Do you think you are a difficult person?

If yes, how and why?

yes and i guess its because its hard for people to understand my thoughts

Reactions: Gaze
i have a extremely hard time talking about my feelings with people but they just cant see whats under the surface i guess to most people i appear to be...i guess very serious

i have a extremely hard time talking about my feelings with people but they just cant see whats under the surface i guess to most people i appear to be...i guess very serious

I have or had a similar issue. I was always more serious than most people I knew.

so what makes you a difficult person

so what makes you a difficult person

I'm bad at compromise :D. It's difficult for me to know when to hold out and when to give in. I hold out when I should give in which makes people frustrated. In other words, stubborness. On the other hand, I give in when I should hold out which makes me frustrated and tense. It can be difficult to communicate with someone effectively with these traits.

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
With friends? Nah. I'm mellow as all hell, even when we disagree.

With a partner? Absolutely. My affection is quite conditional. If I don't detect complete trust and an open dialogue I start to close myself up. (Trust issues I imagine). If my demanding nature is not sated I become irate and even more demanding, if I care enough to try.

Actually I think I'm a very easy person to be around, even live with. Anyone who doesn't mind cats and who will give me my alone time and knows how to be kind will get along very well with me.

i am not a difficult person, but often people have difficulty with me.
the main problem is that most people would rather be lied to than told the truth. i will not lie to avoid the discomfort of the truth - mine or yours.
i am very straightforward and i don't dance around an issue. this unnerves some people. i've been told to lighten up, but what they're really saying is play the game the rest of us play because that's safer, more polite.
yeah, except it's bullshit.

Reactions: MisterNi and Gaze
I'm a very easy person actually until I start to get imposed up on or hindered in any way, then I become a God damned mule. Basically I'm entirely passive until I'm told I CAN'T do something, oh boy!

I sometimes make things difficult for myself. I internalize things way too much and don't always live in the moment. But with others, I'm usually easygoing. I'm just often misunderstood.

Reactions: Gaze and Sriracha
Yes I do. I often see no reason or benefit to adhere to what most want or do, not that I'm pure awkward but why worry so much about trivial matters.

I sometimes make things difficult for myself. I internalize things way too much and don't always live in the moment. But with others, I'm usually easygoing. I'm just often misunderstood.

Same for me, except I'm usually not misunderstood. I used to be, until I realized all I had to do was talk in a way others could understand (which usually means to be blunt without regard to their feelings.) I just had to get over whether or not my words would hurt them, b/c I didn't want to leave what I said open to misinterpretation.

It's almost as though as I get older, I am more firm and cold ... but unfortunately when I am the other way people don't have a problem taking advantage of me. I'm tired of always playing "their" game. It's my turn now. :D

Reactions: Gaze and JGirl
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss! Exactly this. Right here.

I think I am very difficult, mostly because I am very stubborn, independent, and I get very angry when people are being rude. Then I shut down, and say nothing, or retreat to solace. If I am followed or pushed the anger will burst out in tears. I will, at times demand people do the right thing, or I will disassociate myself from them, because deceit repulses me. I distrust, so it is hard to get me to open up, and even after I do, one slip of the tongue, or false step, and I may close off to you for good. I wish I could take things less seriously. :/ I have a hard time letting people be fallible. I staunchly hold them responsible for their abuses until they apologize and change their behavior.

Edit: I think I used just enough very's.

Last edited:
No. I'm a very laid back person. However, I am famous for being vague and mysterious with people online and IRL. I don't really do it on purpose, I'm just a very private person.

I don't think I'm a difficult person. I think I'm fair. If there is a conflict of interest, I try to compromise. If the other person prefer to have things go their way at my expense, to hell with politeness. What some people call rude, I call being straightforward.

In general, no, I do not think so. I

i'm only seen as difficult i think, to people who are difficult, because they're trying to control or one-up me in some way which causes me to screw around with them or mock the shit out of them

other than that no, not at all