Do INFJs desire other INFJs? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Do INFJs desire other INFJs?

the short answer is yes. . I love the feeling of understanding that another INFJ gives off. There is a quiet knowing that sort of flows between the two of you. I worked on a small mental health out patient team and one of the therapist was an INFJ. We would sit in our morning meeting, not say a word, yet understand everything the other was thinking about the goings on. . that were usually chaotic. I still chat with her everyday and feel a life long connection. To understand another person's mood ad needs without them having or needing to explain would be a wonderful way to be. .
Yep.. Jedi communication - is what I call it. It only happens between another INFJ or INTJ for me, but it is heavenly. Subliminally connecting is very intense and very comforting as well as we don't ever really feel understood by other types. Well surely, not in the way we are by a fellow Ni-dom.

I don't think I know any INFJs apart from online. Where are we likely to meet them?

I matched with one on Tinder a week ago, I’ve seen a few others on there as well; but haven’t matched. We’ve had a few conversations and they seem to get really deep really fast. She seems very intelligent, sweet and caring.

I’m really interested to meet her in person next week.

I imagine that the INFJ woman is something akin to "the girl all the bad guys want." Polite, reserved, that is, until Mr. xSTP lays the pipe.

I would imagine that and INFJ Woman would see right through xSTP’s BS. I would classify one of my friends as ESTP, my last GF was ENTP AF and she saw right through it. He tried to throw his game on her before we started dating and she called him a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Needless to say I was dating her less than a month after that encounter.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Pin
Kind of a simple yet complex question. Do you think that INFJs desire other INFJs? Or is there another personality type that you (as an INFJ) are particularly attracted to? I'm guilty of wondering about this since I've never dated another INFJ. The closest I've come to INFJ-INFJ is when I date an INTJ for a couple of years.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I don't know if I've ever met an INFJ male. Usually when I meet somebody I'm interested in (doesn't have to be romantic) I'll casually ask for their their typology. If they don't know ill ask them if they would kindly take the test as I think they are very interesting. The last man I asked turned out to be an INTJ. Im crushing real hard on this INTJ at work. He is brilliant...... so smart, the way he thinks and how he phrases his words, seriously so sexy! He approached me via - email as he sat right across from me. We didn't speak one word to each other. We just messaged back and forth for weeks on end and when we would pass each other just wave and smile at each other.... so intimate, so intense. We have spoken over the phone twice and we message each other all the time.. We have yet to talk in person....*Swoon*......

I don't know if I've ever met an INFJ male. Usually when I meet somebody I'm interested in (doesn't have to be romantic) I'll casually ask for their their typology. If they don't know ill ask them if they would kindly take the test as I think they are very interesting. The last man I asked turned out to be an INTJ. Im crushing real hard on this INTJ at work. He is brilliant...... so smart, the way he thinks and how he phrases his words, seriously so sexy! He approached me via - email as he sat right across from me. We didn't speak one word to each other. We just messaged back and forth for weeks on end and when we would pass each other just wave and smile at each other.... so intimate, so intense. We have spoken over the phone twice and we message each other all the time.. We have yet to talk in person....*Swoon*......
Ah, yus.. that beautiful dual Ni-dom communication. Subliminal magic.. :)

I would imagine that and INFJ Woman would see right through xSTP’s BS. I would classify one of my friends as ESTP, my last GF was ENTP AF and she saw right through it. He tried to throw his game on her before we started dating and she called him a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Needless to say I was dating her less than a month after that encounter.
Why is it needless to say? o_O

I think that video pretty much says it right .. we are all at different levels of each of our functions and sharing the worst of you with someone you care for goes a lot further to endearing than sharing the best.

Also I think anyone that comes out of a relationship really is against getting into a similar relationship (if there were problems) so will be looking out for someone very much opposite to perhaps their best fit.

I went out with an ISTP (I think) for 15 odd years .. seeing the lack of any real emotion for much of that 15 years tells me that for me, the next one has to be more in touch with who they are. It was refreshing at first, but then you realise it aint that refreshing after a while ..

Reactions: HJpAjcdO0X and Ren
In practice, yes, there is such a thing as INFJ-INFJ attraction.

I understand that this is far from true of all types. But it is true of INFJs.

I think that video pretty much says it right .. we are all at different levels of each of our functions and sharing the worst of you with someone you care for goes a lot further to endearing than sharing the best.

Also I think anyone that comes out of a relationship really is against getting into a similar relationship (if there were problems) so will be looking out for someone very much opposite to perhaps their best fit.

I went out with an ISTP (I think) for 15 odd years .. seeing the lack of any real emotion for much of that 15 years tells me that for me, the next one has to be more in touch with who they are. It was refreshing at first, but then you realise it aint that refreshing after a while ..

15 years?! Kudos, I can't even be friends with people who are highly detached from their emotions lol...
I've been in a few relationships that turned out to be void of that, even though they put on a very good show initially. Post-those, I guess I had to learn to just watch for behavior I would rather die than do to someone or wouldn't want done to me before forming any kind of friendship or relationship. I know me, and its better for those kind of people if we just don't even bother in the first place. I know from past experiences prolonged disrespect will result in me verbally taking them along for some psychologically damaging ride through Luciphers Lair. Though its extremely satisfying, the tradeoff is that you have those people that shame you for vigilante justice, and for not taking the higher road. Sure, it feels phenomenal to play woodchipper to even the score, but karma does a better job in the end. Plus, no one can hate on someone who simply door slammed with no reaction and never looked back. So I avoid them altogether once I spot red flags to nix the possibility lol.

Reactions: JustPhil
Kind of a simple yet complex question. Do you think that INFJs desire other INFJs? Or is there another personality type that you (as an INFJ) are particularly attracted to? I'm guilty of wondering about this since I've never dated another INFJ. The closest I've come to INFJ-INFJ is when I date an INTJ for a couple of years.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I often find out the people I have a strong connection with and admire are INFJs.

Just this week I found out a guy friend I’ve known for a long time but recently developed feelings for is an INFJ.

So yes, for me I feel very connected and attracted to other INFJs.

Other than that I’d say I’m drawn to ENFPs- I find them fascinating and exciting but also kind of infuriating at times. There’s a draw there but not the connection I feel with other INFJs.

it depends. personally my soulmate is another INFJ male, we have known each other and been best friends for eight years.
I don't know whether anyone has experienced this INFJ telepathy thing, to me it's really scary.
for example, I can tell from his eyes what he is thinking and feeling. it's like I can sense him in the air. when I dream of him, something happens to him on that day. it's really wicked weird(MA people talk in this way).
He can tell whether I am telling the truth solely from text message without knowing the truth!! for example, when I know something will hurt his feeling, I tell white lies and use some other thing as a cover. for most people, they just accept whatever I say, but for him, he knows me so well and he can predict which type of things can take my emotions to which level. He will ask me "are you really happy about this thing you told me? not other?".
it feels like I am totally transparent to him. Vice versa.
it depends. personally my soulmate is another INFJ male, we have known each other and been best friends for eight years.
I don't know whether anyone has experienced this INFJ telepathy thing, to me it's really scary.
for example, I can tell from his eyes what he is thinking and feeling. it's like I can sense him in the air. when I dream of him, something happens to him on that day. it's really wicked weird(MA people talk in this way).
He can tell whether I am telling the truth solely from text message without knowing the truth!! for example, when I know something will hurt his feeling, I tell white lies and use some other thing as a cover. for most people, they just accept whatever I say, but for him, he knows me so well and he can predict which type of things can take my emotions to which level. He will ask me "are you really happy about this thing you told me? not other?".
it feels like I am totally transparent to him. Vice versa.

Tell me more about this. You were friends and then a couple? I ask because I have a long time friend (lost touch and recently reconnected) who I’ve developed feelings for. I just found out he’s an INFJ and it explains why we just seem to get each other.

I was looking forward to seeing my friend again but when I actually saw him- just the way he looked into my eyes it was like it flipped a switch in me.

I also just found out he’s recovering from a breakup so I want to give him time, but it feels like the longer the friendship the riskier it is to tell that friend you have feelings for them.

Did you bridge that gap or are you soulmates who are friends?