Do INFJs desire other INFJs? | INFJ Forum

Do INFJs desire other INFJs?

MrSquared

Mar 6, 2015
MBTI
Kind of a simple yet complex question. Do you think that INFJs desire other INFJs? Or is there another personality type that you (as an INFJ) are particularly attracted to? I'm guilty of wondering about this since I've never dated another INFJ. The closest I've come to INFJ-INFJ is when I date an INTJ for a couple of years.

Thoughts? Opinions?

INFJ males are too aggressive for me to be romantic with, personally. I have been attracted to INFP & INTJ. Thank you.

INFJ males are too aggressive for me to be romantic with, personally. I have been attracted to INFP & INTJ. Thank you.

LOL so far the INFJ males I’ve observed have been one of the most laid-back and kindest types. Not sure what kind of INFJ men you’ve been around haha

Ha! I sincerely wonder what this means.
LOL so far the INFJ males I’ve observed have been one of the most laid-back and kindest types. Not sure what kind of INFJ men you’ve been around haha

gJuRhVW.jpg

My ex wife is INFJ and for me she was the greatest love of my life. I cared very deeply for her up to the point she cheated on me which is a strange thing for an INFJ to do. To this day she can't explain why she did it but she's miserable with the guy, pregnant with his child and tells me every day how much she misses me and wishes she was back with me. Would I date another INFJ? Yes, definitely. It was an odd relationship but the sex was great.

it depends. personally my soulmate is another INFJ male, we have known each other and been best friends for eight years.
I don't know whether anyone has experienced this INFJ telepathy thing, to me it's really scary.
for example, I can tell from his eyes what he is thinking and feeling. it's like I can sense him in the air. when I dream of him, something happens to him on that day. it's really wicked weird(MA people talk in this way).
He can tell whether I am telling the truth solely from text message without knowing the truth!! for example, when I know something will hurt his feeling, I tell white lies and use some other thing as a cover. for most people, they just accept whatever I say, but for him, he knows me so well and he can predict which type of things can take my emotions to which level. He will ask me "are you really happy about this thing you told me? not other?".
it feels like I am totally transparent to him. Vice versa.

it depends. personally my soulmate is another INFJ male, we have known each other and been best friends for eight years.
I don't know whether anyone has experienced this INFJ telepathy thing, to me it's really scary.
for example, I can tell from his eyes what he is thinking and feeling. it's like I can sense him in the air. when I dream of him, something happens to him on that day. it's really wicked weird(MA people talk in this way).
He can tell whether I am telling the truth solely from text message without knowing the truth!! for example, when I know something will hurt his feeling, I tell white lies and use some other thing as a cover. for most people, they just accept whatever I say, but for him, he knows me so well and he can predict which type of things can take my emotions to which level. He will ask me "are you really happy about this thing you told me? not other?".
it feels like I am totally transparent to him. Vice versa.
That sounds really cool, but what's an 'MA people'?

it's really wicked weird(MA people talk in this way).

Wickid weird, khed. You good.

for example, I can tell from his eyes what he is thinking and feeling. it's like I can sense him in the air. when I dream of him, something happens to him on that day.

I experience this with my INTJ SO. I also have dreams about some close friends that tell me things about them that I shouldn't know. It isn't INFJ/INFJ exclusive. I guess J. D. Salinger had a relationship with a woman that was similar and he purportedly wrote about it. We will see, because his unpublished work will slowly be released starting in the next few years.

Pulled pork for every meal.

Talk about soulmates and pulled pork:
Pulled Pork* is the name they've given to a very sweet, very earnest Ghost that has been looking for his Guardian for about as long as they can remember. Pulled Pork is not his real name, but it feels right, like calling Mara Sov by her full name instead of just her forename.
Pulled Pork finishes up a scan of a floating piece of concrete and rebar, then turns toward them. "I am looking for my Guardian!" he chirps.

* Maybe you won't understand what I'm talking about, but still... thinking of a beam of light that keeps you alive as your "soul mate", instead of another human being as a soul mate, is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Talk about soulmates and pulled pork:
Pulled Pork* is the name they've given to a very sweet, very earnest Ghost that has been looking for his Guardian for about as long as they can remember. Pulled Pork is not his real name, but it feels right, like calling Mara Sov by her full name instead of just her forename.
Pulled Pork finishes up a scan of a floating piece of concrete and rebar, then turns toward them. "I am looking for my Guardian!" he chirps.

* Maybe you won't understand what I'm talking about, but still... thinking of a beam of light that keeps you alive as your "soul mate", instead of another human being as a soul mate, is pretty cool.
No I don't understand what you're talking about... but the sheer enigma of it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Was that from a video game or a novel or something?

No I don't understand what you're talking about... but the sheer enigma of it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Was that from a video game or a novel or something?

It's from a video game. Guardians have "Ghosts" who revive them when they die in battle. As long as you have a Ghost, you're more or less immortal. If your Ghost is killed, you can be killed. The Ghost is always with you, talks to you, and you have a relationship. It is a device in the game that tells you what you're supposed to be doing and it is directly linked to the plot of the game as well. The ghost has "light" a special, intelligent life force.

It's interesting to think of something with light, a life force that is helpful to humanity, as one's soul mate, instead of depending on another human to play that role. In non-fantasy/video game terms, it is almost like saying your soul is your soulmate, not another person. Or perhaps, the electricity that keeps you alive is your soulmate. It's human nature to crave relationships, but I appreciate the independence of this concept. Of course, this light would have a personality similar to/compatible with your own because you're basically attached to each other.

It's from a video game. Guardians have "Ghosts" who revive them when they die in battle. As long as you have a Ghost, you're more or less immortal. If your Ghost is killed, you can be killed. The Ghost is always with you, talks to you, and you have a relationship. It is a device in the game that tells you what you're supposed to be doing and it is directly linked to the plot of the game as well. The ghost has "light" a special, intelligent life force.

It's interesting to think of something with light, a life force that is helpful to humanity, as one's soul mate, instead of depending on another human to play that role. In non-fantasy/video game terms, it is almost like saying your soul is your soulmate, not another person. Or perhaps, the electricity that keeps you alive is your soulmate. It's human nature to crave relationships, but I appreciate the independence of this concept. Of course, this light would have a personality similar to/compatible with your own because you're basically attached to each other.
Oh Destiny! Yeah, sorry... I was already invested in another very similar action RPG when it came out and so never got beyond the trial/demo. Seemed to have cool lore tough, just a shame they didn't expand upon it too much.

Warlocks ftw

BTW Yes that idea is fascinating, you're right.

Reactions: Asa
Wickid weird, khed. You good.

I experience this with my INTJ SO. I also have dreams about some close friends that tell me things about them that I shouldn't know. It isn't INFJ/INFJ exclusive. I guess J. D. Salinger had a relationship with a woman that was similar and he purportedly wrote about it. We will see, because his unpublished work will slowly be released starting in the next few years.

Oh really, I know <the catcher in the rye>!

One of my bff is also an INTJ female. She gets me well easily and we have lots in common. But I always feel like I am more stupid (maybe cuz I am more distracted by emotions and she is pure rational). I don't know whether it's the case with others.

I can't say for sure that I've ever even known another verified INFJ in irl so I don't know if I'd enjoy being with one or not. My guess is I probably would, given there would be a lot of common ground and we'd both feel pretty well understood, which doesn't happen often and yeah, that would be nice.

That said, healthy INTPs with well-developed (or at least not under-developed) Fe are my weakness tbh.