Disliking long vacations | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Disliking long vacations

europe got a 5 day working week through trade unionism not communism

china is communist. they put nets around the buildings there to catch the workers who try to commit suicide to escape the long hours

that's the problem with communism. You don't get to decide what work you do or how and when you do it

the politburo tells you what to do. if you don't obey the politburo in china they down rate your social credit score and then you can't travel on trains and suffer other penalties. The government actually leaves a message on your phone telling people who call you not to speak to you as you are blacklisted

I always forget that some people don’t understand my sense of humor. I don’t personally find it that complicated or clever. Oh well.

I love how some Americans think that Europe is communist. :)

And that's what you took away from all this conversation? So you think that by pointing out American's supposed "naivete" about Europe, your dismissal of the circumstances of many who don't have the same luxuries as you will suddenly disappear? *looks at thin air*. No, no. No.

Jefferson-splash.jpg

Look at those cold dead eyes he must be a psychopath...

I love how some Americans think that Europe is communist. :)

I would say it's more fascist then communist.... What with the union's requiring everyone take so much time off... But typically people work to live, not live to work... Wouldn't you agree?

ENTJ President Macron is the future of Europe. :p

Oh, and just to put some myths to rest, though communist parties exist in European countries they typically don’t score more than 1% these days. It’s the far right that I’m more concerned about. It is essentially in power in Italy now, and very strong in countries like Hungary, Austria, the Netherlands and many others. In France, it seems to be smouldering at the moment but it is there too.

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
ENTJ President Macron is the future of Europe. :p

Oh, and just to put some myths to rest, though communist parties exist in European countries they typically don’t score more than 1% these days. It’s the far right that I’m more concerned about. It is essentially in power in Italy now, and very strong in countries like Hungary, Austria, the Netherlands and many others. In France, it seems to be smouldering at the moment but it is there too.

You know Macron is a bankster... Right?

You know Macron is a bankster... Right?

I am of not of the opinion that all bankers are banksters, and as far as I'm aware, Macron isn't one.

I still enjoy the Macron memes suggesting that he's all about work and money, because some of them are really funny. Though I think the guy is ultimately much deeper than that.

"Hello everyone! Guess who's going to privatize all public services?"

20953265_494339550916662_9091891109245846072_n.png

why is that happening?

Reactions: Ren
I always forget that some people don’t understand my sense of humor. I don’t personally find it that complicated or clever. Oh well.

no offence meant!

Like you I wish we could all work less. I'd like to work less

perhaps i'm just a bit concerned that some people have some ideas about how to change things that might make things worse than they are now

I found this on the wikipedia page that you linked to:

''In 2008, Berlusconi's government in Italy and Gaddafi's government in Libya signed a treaty including cooperation between the two countries in order to stop irregular migration from Libya to Italy. This led to a policy of forcibly returning to Libya boat migrants intercepted by the Italian coast guard at sea.[58] The cooperation collapsed following the outbreak of the Libyan civil war in 2011, and in 2012 the European Court of Human Rights ruled that Italy had violated the European Convention on Human Rights by returning migrants to Libya, as it exposed the migrants to the risk of being subjected to ill-treatment in Libya and violated the prohibition of collective expulsions.[59] Since 2011, and particularly since 2014, instability and the Second Civil War in Libya have made departures from the north-African country to Italy easier, with no central authority controlling Libya's ports and dealing with European countries and migrant smuggling networks flourishing. The war could also have forced to leave many African immigrants residing in Libya, which used to be itself a destination country for migrants looking for better jobs.''
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

It seems that according to wikipedia the overthrow of gaddafi by the obama administration led to the migrant crisis

Last edited:
I also found this:

''in March 2013, the number of Syrian refugees reached 1,000,000. By December 2017, UNHCR counted 1,000,000 asylum applications for Syrian refugees in the European Union. As of March 2018, UNHCR has counted nearly 5.6 million registered Syrian refugees worldwide.''

this made me wonder if people were fleeing syria because of the war and i wondered when US involvement in syria began so i looked it up:

''The American-led intervention in the Syrian Civil War refers to US support of Syrian opposition and the Federation of Northern Syria during the course of the Syrian Civil War, and active involvement of US military against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and against the al-Nusra Front from 2014. Since 2017, the US and some other Coalition nations have also targeted military positions of the Syrian Government. The United States first supplied the rebels of the Free Syrian Army with non-lethal aid (including food rations and pickup trucks), but quickly began providing training, cash, and intelligence to selected Syrian rebel commanders. During the Syrian Civil War, which began in 2011, two US programs attempted to assist the Syrian rebels. One was a military program that planned to train and equip 15,000 Syrian rebels, but was canceled in 2015 after spending $500 million and producing only a few dozen fighters.[116] A $1 billion covert program run by the CIA was more successful, but was decimated by Russian bombing and canceled in mid-2017 by the Trump administration''
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-led_intervention_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

so then i wondered which administration was in power in the US at that time and i found this:

''Barack Hussein Obama II (/bəˈrɑːk huːˈseɪn oʊˈbɑːmə/ ( listen);[1] born August 4, 1961) is an American attorney and politician who served as the 44th President of the United States from January 20, 2009, to January 20, 2017.''
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

This thread got weird