Designing a ShaiGarian (Architecture) | INFJ Forum

Designing a ShaiGarian (Architecture)

S

Shai Gar

I'm designing a new style house, to be completely wired, defensible, luxurious and magnificent.

I am mixing Islamic architecture with Celtic, Elizabethan, and Venetian. I like my structures to have domes, exhibit hidden technology, use updates wherever possible, and have secret passageways with two way mirrors.

Stone, Wood, and polished Chrome will feature heavily. I also like landscaping, and creeper vines.

Here's a considered floorplan (in progress) of my personal mansion.

Ask questions, and offer suggestions.

Attachments

• firstfloor.jpg
    firstfloor.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 10
I like the idea of a dome and secret passageway

Where will you put the dome? The picture is full of rectangles

I've been designing my own house too (just in my head). It seems like a greenhouse- church hybrid

Looks interesting.

Something that caught my attention is the location of the cinema/tv room and library. Depending on factors such as room sizes, wall material, and people present, sounds from the cinema room might disrupt someone in the library, who might want quiet at that time.

Also, I see you have two guest bedrooms and bedroom #4, but I don't see a third bedroom.

:D That's only the first floor, The Master Bedroom, and Bedrooms 2 and 3 are upstairs.

Unlike modern builders I'm going to have this house built with Concrete walls, for soundproofing. This is instead of the basic softwood and plasterboard that most people use. I'm also going to look at further soundproofing options for the media room.

@Maetel, the dome is for another design, one that incorporates several ideas I've had throughout my life.

This is my idea for the true palace, which will feature several domes, and one most prominent dome, similar to the Santa Maria della Salute with Venetian bridges connecting it to the ground floor on both sides, and a bridge of sighs connecting it on the second floor (third level).

You'll notice the dots of course. This is because there's a pond one level deep, and when a ball is held, the stone supports can hold perspex 10cm (4inches) thick for dancing on.

Attachments

• Birds_eye_view_Palace_2.jpg
    Birds_eye_view_Palace_2.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 0
How about making it totally self-sufficient and off the grid?

• Solar & wind energy.
  • Recyclable water.
  • Hydro-power.
etc.

More money up front, but virtually no money to pay in the long-run.

The rectangle in the middle what do you imagine is there?

The guest bathroom and closet are as big as the guest room. What if you split each square int two rectangles. Make a bathroom and a closet. That way each guest has a bathroom and a closet. This gives symmetry to the rooms.

bedroom- bathroom/closet, bedroom-bathroom/closet

The guest bathroom and closet are as big as the guest room. What if you split each square int two rectangles. Make a bathroom and a closet. That way each guest has a bathroom and a closet. This gives symmetry to the rooms.
No. The closet is there so that people coming in out of the rain can hang up their coats/drizabones and so on to allow them to dry.

Okie dokie just a suggestion

Looks amazing...:m1: