Describe some who is charming. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Describe some who is charming.

I..dislike charmers.. and schmoozers.
What I find charming is someone who is quirky--but totally unaware of it. Also genuine friendliness and a sense of humor. I instantly like people who give off that impression.

According to this description you should not like your boyfriend.

Reactions: bamf
I find charming females to be playful and introverted.
At least when it comes to kittens.

I think of this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTjcrNAp4DI&feature=related"]YouTube - Mowgli and Kaa's 1st Encounter (Full Scene)[/ame]

Reactions: grt$5vb
Some one who is charming makes me want to like them in spite of themself.

Reactions: grt$5vb
According to this description you should not like your boyfriend.
There is nothing schmoozy or charming about a man in a sweaty wife-beater drunkenly dancing in the street at a gay pride parade. He made a ridiculous first impression. It was his initial uncouthness and funniness that lured me in.

INTJs... sigh...

There is nothing schmoozy or charming about a man in a sweaty wife-beater drunkenly dancing in the street at a gay pride parade. He made a ridiculous first impression. It was his initial uncouthness and funniness that lured me in.

He's in my top 5 list of most charming men i have ever met.

I've known a lot of jerk-offs who act charming as a means of manipulation, so the sleazy "Imma say what I think you want to hear" is really off-putting. And the thing is, some of them weren't even any good at it; their lies were so transparent. It makes me angry that they thought I wouldn't see through their little game. I'm usually not a violent person, but honestly, it made me want to bitch-slap them.

I find someone charming when they aren't trying to be. Someone who is friendly and genuine. People who are relaxed, sweet and and even a little geeky are charming to me.

Reactions: jyrffw54
eventhough Hugh Grant used to play the same awkward, broken, overly British (even British people think he talks too British) character, he was always SUPER charming. The film 'Notting Hill' is a perfect example.

the top google image search result for charming guy is hugh grant. the top result for charming man is jude law.

like, whatever!!

:))

They DO like me! I am baffled as to why... I should annoy the ever living stuffing out of you. It seems hard for them to be mean, or dishonest to me. <-- [And you've just unlocked the key to this INFJ's heart! *swoons*]

But, yes. I have noticed my INTJs speaking in a completely different manner with people they find undeserving of their kindness. I charmingly *bats eyes* remind them of their manners, & they chuckle & try to accommodate me. I hope I NEVER make an INTJ mad at me... :m142:

*pondering how to define charm (as shown by INTJs, because nobody else's works on me... so far.)

Okay, so it boils down to this, for me... I think:

Someone who has the ability to sedate me with their words, when I am frenzied, and they make suggestions in such an unassuming manner that I feel compelled to follow them, even if I don't want to, because I genuinely trust that THEY know better than I. The basis of this, however is them convincing me that they genuinely care for me, and put my needs before their own. Time will tell, but INTJs use their time VERY efficiently.

Additives which charm me:
-intelligence
-tolerance
-patience
-writing
-kindness
-the offering of any act of kindness
-the word "PLEASE." (I cannot stress this enough)
-individuality
-remembering & mentioning details about me
-speaking highly of me, or someone I care about to someone else
-taking up my cause, or taking an interest in it
-smiling, silently while making direct eye contact... *stops heart*... it just WORKS.
-the words, "I'm sorry."
-listening
-opening up
-a soft touch
-an unexpected compliment
-nerves (SO CUTE! Eeeeek!)
-sarcastic sense of humor!!!! (those void of this need not apply...)

Someone who is charming... Well for me it is someone who is genuinely witty and can smile through my comebacks. Someone who can be sexual/overly complimentary while their body language says: "I would never touch/force myself on you". I've never been into the silent type. ^_^

Reactions: aerosol