Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
Mainly for the females of the forum but obviously guys can get on the train if they know a charming individual.

Question: did you intend to post this in the online test section? :becky:

I find @bamf; and @IndigoSensor; very charming.

I find their overall demeanor to be respectful, funny, witty, serious....complex. It is hard to define what you find charming. I guess the best I can say is it is more of a sense that the person is really genuine and honest in their willingness to be friendly and open.

Edit: Didn't even see where it was posted at! Is there a test I missed?

Edit Edit: OMG you caught a Winky Dink here @Barnabas; Throw it back! Throw it back!

Edit Edit Edit: I love you too @Royal; :)

Last edited:
Here's the test

Is it me????????
a) ya
b) ya
c) na

if you have a majority of a, you're awesome
if you have a majority of b, you're awesome
if you have a majority of c, you're a liar and an ego breaker

Real answer:

I think a genuine smile is very, very charming. Be truly happy in the front of me and I swear I'll melt like a snowman in the Sahara.
I couldn't precisely describe what I find charming, it really depends of the person.

However I can describe the opposite very easily: [MENTION=3096]Sonyab[/MENTION] :(

Reactions: Nixie
My husband is definitely in this category.

He's romantic, funny, intelligent and considerate. all that makes a charming person in my eyes.

an ex-partner of mine was also like that, but minus important social skills.

Reactions: Gaze
Being secure in who they are as a person, intelligent, witty, kind, and tactful.

Or course intense eyes and a fantastic smile don't hurt

You'd have to meet my friend Stefan. It's a hard thing to describe, it can be duplicated but it's hard to describe. A lot of it has to do with the way he smiles and his body language. I don't know if it could be considered charming but it *Ahem* has served his purposes. I've mimicked his mannerisms in the past to serve my own agendas but my integrity is too strong now to stoop to those types of levels and the type of girls I'm interested in is not the type that likes those kinds of mannerisms.

I..dislike charmers.. and schmoozers.
What I find charming is someone who is quirky--but totally unaware of it. Also genuine friendliness and a sense of humor. I instantly like people who give off that impression.

Reactions: bamf
What I find charming is someone who is quirky--but totally unaware of it. Also genuine friendliness and a sense of humor. I instantly like people who give off that impression.

This^^^

yeah, charmers are great for the moment, but feels a bit oily/slimy after a while being around one :D

http://www.mastoloni.com/pearl-tren...ashion-style-to-benefit-naples-charities.html

diana2.jpg

Last edited:
Charming to me is someone who has an endearing demeanour upon first meeting them, it's rather surface, that's not to suggest someone who is charming cannot have substance it's just that part of their personality is surface and about appearance. Too much charm is pure sleaze but the right amount is found in those you are drawn to because of their social grace and ability to put people at ease.

Get to know the person and I would use a different more precise word to describe that part of them, what that is depends on if I still consider them endearing or if they've moved into the slightly sleazy category, and that part depends on if I consider their charm surface, fake and about manipulating people or if it is representative of something deeper yet pure.

I agree with Sonyab, [MENTION=1009]bamf[/MENTION] and [MENTION=387]IndigoSensor[/MENTION] are both very charming. They're very likeable, but not arrogant at all which makes them nice to talk to. And so handsome as well. :)

Reactions: bamf
ESFP's. Super smiley, always make you feel like they're happy to see you and that you're the only one that matters right then. I don't like them much, though. After two minutes of charm, one of two things usually happens:

1) they talk about themselves endlessly
2) they reveal their agenda / try to get you to do something

I much prefer quiet and intense personalities.

I like a classy, smartass person who is also very sweet and knows when not to joke around. Also, they should have good people skills with a nice smile and wink. :D

*Gets on train*

:plane:

Wait, forget I said that.

Nice/funny imo.

Mostly this.

But someone charming would be someone who genuinely smiles a lot and surprises me with what they can figure out about me or in a non-romantic way, someone who smiles a lot and is very light hearted and happy.

refined and easy in manner with no nervous agitation or superfluity of response. disciplined mastery of self, no need to seek gratification. deeply considered approach to the world. able to listen in conversation and respond with thought to what is being said rather than merely broadcast own preformulated opinions. appreciative of the individual fine qualities of others genuinely and with respect.

a person who is not charming is a person who is noisy and without restraint. flaunts their own positive personal characteristics, has no humility. rather than paying attention, seeks attention. who invades personal boundaries with an overbearing need to dominate others and be recognised as charming or glamorous.

Reactions: middle1