Derail This Thread | Page 47 | INFJ Forum

Derail This Thread

I thought "cell phone" was just what it was called in the US? It's "mobile" where I am.

In Germany it is even worse. They call it "Handy", supposedly a loanword from English. I have no idea what it is called in Mongolia.

What is it called when maglev trains derail? For example, "The train demagleved". That is sooo difficult to pronounce.

In Germany it is even worse. They call it "Handy", supposedly a loanword from English. I have no idea what it is called in Mongolia.
'Handy', that could easily be mistaken for 'hankie' (short for handkerchief)..things could end up a bit confusing over there I imagine.

Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
Try to pronounce "eany meany miney moe" backwards, then from below and from above. After all, a paper or a screen is two-dimensional. But pronunciation is one-dimensional.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
'Handy', that could easily be mistaken for 'hankie' (short for handkerchief)..things could end up a bit confusing over there I imagine.

Blow, blow, blow your nose gently down the stream ...

Try to pronounce "eany meany miney moe" backwards, then from below and from above. After all, a paper or a screen is two-dimensional. But pronunciation is one-dimensional.
Would that be 'moe miney meany eany' or 'eom yenim ynaem ynae'?
You lost me on the next bit.

could it be
e
o
m

y
e
n
I
m

y
n
a
e
m

y
n
a
e

and then just imagine it the other way up!

I once saw a hamster that had the teeth of a wolf. I backed down and then I returned with a toothbrush warning "Wolfie" not to swallow it because plastics is toxic.

Would that be 'moe miney meany eany' or 'eom yenim ynaem ynae'?
You lost me on the next bit.

could it be
e
o
m

y
e
n
I
m

y
n
a
e
m

y
n
a
e

and then just imagine it the other way up!

Looks much better. I will call Stockholm right away.

I once saw a hamster that had the teeth of a wolf. I backed down and then I returned with a toothbrush warning "Wolfie" not to swallow it because plastics is toxic.
I have a relative by that name. He was Wolfie when he was a kid, but we had to keep in mind to call him Wolf when he was grown up.

Hahahahaha...I love it @Night Owl!

Other fun Mongolian mix ups I've had are with words that are one letter off resulting in me once complimenting a woman on her beautiful testicals, and another time telling a group of people how I once ate human eyeballs.

Hahah! I guess at that point they point at you and laugh as you leave, saying their equivalent of "Foreigner"?

@owl I'll give you a synopsis, one guy wakes up in the boot of a car, another on the roof of the house, one of them has their undies on over their pants,...there's chaos and debris everywhere - like a lot of stuff littered around everywhere. The third guy wakes up next to a pool as someone calls him, and he falls in. Pretty good party the night before, or something in the water?

^Despite that I've maybe missed the most essential point?

Sorry, in what context does this fit in? I either have amnesia and can't recall, or you just pulled the ultimate thread derail by pulling a spanner out of the pit of randomness.