Define "being in love" . . . | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Define "being in love" . . .

I've only felt "in love" a couple times in my life. Usually my Ni let's me know. I feel at the depth of my core a yearning for their touch, their attention, their devotion. It's almost an emotional obsession for the other person where their flaws become endearing, their distance creates longing and their happiness is your priority because you know their happiness equates to your own.

With that said, I feel like the way I love is much more keen to that of romance movies. Where adversity ignites more passion in the union, more fight to make it last and when things are good, they should be really romantically good like wrapping your legs around his waist while kissing in the middle of a meadow during a long walk.

I often find myself disappointed with life having this mentality because it's fantasy. But it doesn't change the belief I have in it. That it is somehow obtainable somewhere.

I find so many people consider being "in love" based on the simplest standards. Living together, fighting - breaking up and then reuniting or simply have devoted years to one another. I think as an INFJ, I need more substance than the mundane. A connection that runs as deep as my Ni core.

So far, I think that (romantic) love is achieved over many years of time, metamorphosis, experience, pain and joy and finally... after every idea you had about love is shattered, you feel true love.

Reactions: Gaze
Eating chocolate fudge cake.

Well...there is the feeling which is usually linked to a declarative decision or statement. But there are also those decisions which tend to be made because they are seemingly linked to any number of feelings. Feelings which all have unique backgrounds and motivations both stemming from the internal and the external. I find that such feelings can actually be evoked or correlated based on things understanding, ideals, experiences, etc.

So what is it? Fancy? Feeling? Ferrars? A ferrari perhaps? Or just a choice?

:p

Ewwwww gross

Your the one that's gross, that never even occurred to me. :screamcat:
It's a figurative term, not a literal one, haha - men really are obsessed with sex!

Last edited:
Your the one that's gross, that never even occurred to me. :screamcat:
It's a figurative term, not a literal one, haha - men really are obsessed with sex!
Oh and since when has that become a problem?

Besides. I mean, seriously, like women aren't.
giphy.gif

Not a problem.

Last edited:
How do you define "being in love" if it's an idea you believe is real?
I think it's the willingness to do anything for someone even at great personal cost.

Do you think your sense of it is the same, somewhat the same, or very different from the stereotypical emotions or feelings associated with it?
Nothing says love like a Presidential pardon.

Seriously though, I'm not a person who necessarily feels love- I do love.

Love is a verb.

If you could, would you use a different phrase or word to describe the feeling or would you keep it?
Sacrifice.

When you are in love you feel an emotional attachment to that person. In love you just want to be with that person, just feel their existence. It is a positive feeling of wholeness. YES!!!
Love is the opposite of feeling lonely physically, emotionally and spiritually.

How I arrived at this conculsion? I asked myself what is love. Like others I didn't know it exactly. So what I did was ask another question- WHY does love exist? It exist so that a person don't feel lonely (physically, emotionally and spiritually) in life. It can manifest as platonic love, romantic love, friendship and sometime as rivalry (like it was between Gamora and Nebula before, it was a form of love)

For me, there is a difference between "like" and "love." "Like" is that fluttery feeling you get when you think about a certain person, or the warming of the cheeks when you make sustained eye contact. "Like" is also a deeper, soul-piercing pang of emotion when you find out that a certain person "likes" you as well. Love, on the other hand, is an action. Love is putting the other person's needs before your own and being ultimately willing to sacrifice any portion of yourself for their sake.