Death Penalty. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Death Penalty.

I hope rehabilitation when possible, doesn't include murderers and sexual offenders. If it does, it seems like a reckless experiment on the law-abiding population.

Also death may be merciful to the victim in a short-term way but it removes a threat from society in a permanent way. I like that. Also I doubt the victim would consider the death of their murderer merciful. Maybe you intend another choice of word.

Yes, it does include murderers and sex offenders. But only if the confines of a prison. By rehabilitation I meant to imply therapy, counseling, and group discussion if the person was sane enough that it might help.

Death removes a threat from society in a permanent way, yes, but so do imprisonment and exile (to a far enough away location). If we have to resort to a barbaric act to solve our problems, we are only the barbarians that plague us. Sadly, exile is no longer an option.

Reactions: Norwich
I value mercy over justice no matter what. Why put more negativity into the world?

Lock the criminals safely away and put them to work for the rest of their life to balance out their cost of living and CO2 emissions.

, exile is no longer an option.

to bad australia isn't barbarian anymore and 'far enough away' isn't really meaningful anymore on our globalized planet.

maybe there is still free space on guantanamo

if it is ok to torture potential terrorists then it must certainly be ok to torture serial killers and sex offenders, not? I mean those people just ask for it no?

or the moon? Or would that be to barbarian?