Dating that Leads to Marriage? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Dating that Leads to Marriage?

Own? No.

I just don't want to have my life be "out of whack," so to speak. The sooner I get married, the sooner I can start a family, the sooner I start a family, the sooner I can have a larger role in my community.
I don't think this is the answer, but perhaps you're in a country where this actually makes sense (not the US)

I never thought about getting married. Most of the people I dated were for companionship or sex.

I'd get married now though.

Would you marry any of the people you dated in the past?

No. I can see very clearly that we would never have been compatible long term because we weren't even compatible short term.

I am not in touch with anyone that I was involved with in the past so who knows, maybe the people we became could have worked it out but based on what I knew of them at the time, I don't think so.

It's not even exclusively a problem with them. I wasn't great either.

I'm curious as to what your intentions are when dating someone? Do you date someone with an end-goal of marriage in mind (if all goes well of course), or is it mostly for fun/companionship without thinking about a serious commitment? When do you start to think about your significant other in that regard and wonder what a future together would look like?

For me personally, I find "dating for fun" to be a waste of time and unfulfilling. I am really hoping that my next relationship leads to a marriage. I'm getting too old (25) for the games that so many like to play nowadays. It may be unusual for a man (but then again I'm an INFP, so "typical" doesn't really apply. lol) but with the girl I like I sometimes think of how her last name would sound with mine. :p I also think about my future kids and what I would name them, etc. Am I so unusual for a man?

I really don't think I could date someone, especially if I loved her, without thinking about marriage, even if it was quite aways off into the future. I guess I'm a long-term commitment kind of guy. People who don't want this tend to baffle me.

Thoughts?
you know, I use dating sites and apps simply to enjoy communication with opposite sex. So, it depends, if the person wants a serious relationship, he will certainly search for a woman who won't be frivolous. Personally, if I date with a woman for about 3-4 weeks it means that I became devoted to her and I want serious relationship at subconscious level with her. Honestly, I had a lot of relationships due to the fact that I used a lot of cougar apps, that helped me find suitable woman, and you know, I was dating for about 3-4 weeks with 6 woman, but, unfortunately, I had to leave each of them due to different causes... Hope, that till my 35 I will find a reliable person no matter using dating sites and apps or on the street, at least to meet her...