Crush | Page 3 | INFJ Forum
Anything you do overtly will work.

Yeah I'll do that and then I'll update you. I mean if I do give it to him, how long should I keep my hopes up. What if he doesn't call?

The note with the number is a good first move. Maybe he's been thinking of asking you out too – maybe he feels being in a work context prevents him, it's possible. The note is a good way around it, it's discreet and cute. If he likes you, he will get in touch. You'll feel very good having done that either way. Good luck :)

Depends on the person. I do not like direct aggressive requests with little room to move and that seems to be all I ever get in person.
In any case he works at a movie theater. Ask him if theres a movie hes looking forward to or one thats playing that he want to see. If he tells you what that is, mention that you would like to see the movie as well (even if you dont or dont know anything about it) and that maybe you an he could see it together sometime since you both have interest in it. Give him a chance to consider and if he says sure or yes.... then give him your number. Assuming you both know eachothers names already. If not, give him your name as well.

Reactions: Gaze and Madgirl143
This thread was really enjoyable to read :grinning:

@Madgirl143, based on your responses I would guess you are a genuinely likable person so would encourage you to keep trying even if this first effort didn't happen as you had planned. And the fact that you already did all the hard work mentally, of preparing for the interaction means you might be able to carry it over into the next time you go see a movie and give it another try. At least I hope you will feel like it's a possibility.

For everyone else, thank you for all the clever tips. Could certainly use some of them myself.

Though I saw this

Then it's still a personal victory for an incredibly self-conscious person.

and while it most likely applies to many people, it doesn't for me - when single the positive outcomes of any endeavor are zeroed out while the negative ones have a cumulative effect so a failed attempt for me would just up the negativity I already have around said activity. Bonus, each time it's experienced as if it's the first time ever so super shocking and disrupting. Therefore for me it's essential to do as few risky moves as possible because I can only afford a few failures. Another bonus, I am not allowed to like another person unless specifically authorized by the other person so this situation would be a "just do nothing" one for me. Including this because it might affect a few other folks.

Reactions: Gaze and Madgirl143
I think you should give him your number, that's real smooth.

No, I would not recommend this! Since, you don't know him personally. I think asking to get a drink on his break or see a movie with him is better.

No, I would not recommend this! Since, you don't know him personally. I think asking to get a drink on his break or see a movie with him is better.

I agree. Slow and steady always wins the race. Always knowing the idea of the person before giving them your number is not only smart, but also doesn’t seem too forward and fast.

Reactions: Wyote and Gaze