Crush | INFJ Forum

Madgirl143

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
England
MBTI
INFJ
Hello there,

I just need some advice about initiating and making the first move. There's this guy at this cinema I always go to, not often but enough to gain a crush on one of the staff. He's cute but he's Asian. I don't know if he's religious or whether he's a bit open-minded about dating outside he's culture or ethnicity. He always gives me a discount even though I told him I wasn't a student. I feel the attraction between us every time I see him. Although, I'm not sure what shifts he works so sometimes I miss him, I'm not a stalker lol :p I am going to the movies soon and want to show my interest in him, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm actually not sure whether he feels the same way. Plus it's been almost half a year since I noticed him, but he never says anything. I always go alone to see movies, so I'm sure he knows I'm single. But I don't know if he is, hopefully he isn't dating anyone. So please help me, I've never really initiated stuff like this. So I just want to see if he's interested, without coming off awkward.

Reactions: Gaze
when you pay, add a note with your name and number, say nothing and smile.

Hello there,

I just need some advice about initiating and making the first move. There's this guy at this cinema I always go to, not often but enough to gain a crush on one of the staff. He's cute but he's Asian. I don't know if he's religious or whether he's a bit open-minded about dating outside he's culture or ethnicity. He always gives me a discount even though I told him I wasn't a student. I feel the attraction between us every time I see him. Although, I'm not sure what shifts he works so sometimes I miss him, I'm not a stalker lol :p I am going to the movies soon and want to show my interest in him, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm actually not sure whether he feels the same way. Plus it's been almost half a year since I noticed him, but he never says anything. I always go alone to see movies, so I'm sure he knows I'm single. But I don't know if he is, hopefully he isn't dating anyone. So please help me, I've never really initiated stuff like this. So I just want to see if he's interested, without coming off awkward.
Ask him if he wants to grab a coffee sometime.

Ask him if he wants to grab a coffee sometime.
Isn't coffee a little bit out there, how would i ask him anyways? i mean i'm sooo awkward you don't understand. i'm avoidant and i tend to run the other direction when people try to get close,lol. i'm very self-conscious.

Reactions: Gaze
Ask him if he'll watch the most terrible movie that's playing with you, just for fun and let him pick which one it is

Why would anyone want to do that, Wyote? But it's a better idea than doing nothing lol.

Because it's not about the movie, it's about time together and it's a funny thing to do

Ask him if he'll watch the most terrible movie that's playing with you, just for fun and let him pick which one it is

Ooo, that sounds like an interesting idea. Then the two could bond and guffaw over the terrible movie. :hmmm:

I am pretty much completely useless with this though, but the terrible movie plan seems nifty. If it were me I'd just never tell the person and be #4everalone, so don't do anything I would do?

Ooo, that sounds like an interesting idea. Then the two could bond and guffaw over the terrible movie. :hmmm:

I am pretty much completely useless with this though, but the terrible movie plan seems nifty. If it were me I'd just never tell the person and be #4everalone, so don't do anything I would do?

Aww don't say that, if the attraction is mutual I guess one person will eventually do something about it lol

Reactions: hush
Yeah, only if he agreed though. Sorry I'm being pessimistic. I'm freaking out people.

Then you just guilt trip him because you have to go see a shitty movie all by yourself :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: hush and Madgirl143
Aww don't say that, if the attraction is mutual I guess one person will eventually do something about it lol

Not meeeee :tearsofjoy: One of my last relationships, it took years of friendship and then him suddenly jumping onto my lap (with me being at least a foot shorter) and my face like :gobsmacked:

I commend you for taking the plunge, it's not easy. :p Fingers crossed for you!!