Creative INTPs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Creative INTPs?

No.

Ti leaves Ne to do it's thing and only interferes if it's needed. Otherwise, it's off doing other stuff.

Stereotypes all over the place, urghghlle. Oh, and here's something: http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=10450

NT's in general get a little nuts when things don't make sense. I can see an INTP doing something artistic that only makes sense to them but otherwise I have a hard time believing that the INTP would enjoy making something that offends their Ti. This is why few NT's go into advertising, with all of its nonsense, emotionally based triggers.

NT's in general get a little nuts when things don't make sense. I can see an INTP doing something artistic that only makes sense to them but otherwise I have a hard time believing that the INTP would enjoy making something that offends their Ti. This is why few NT's go into advertising, with all of its nonsense, emotionally based triggers.

Everything has the potential to make sense, and everything is logical. Everything follows the universe's laws. NTs who think anyone is illogical or irrational, is only interested in promoting his or her own behavior as "correct". Not being able to understand something "illogical" is nothing less than a failure.

Personal success can be achieved well beyond the confines of what's considered "logical", and in that regard, how could you question how someone thinks, or how someone explains their process if it is more successful than your so-called logical approach? Sore loser NTs will question their failure, and feel a lot better when the winner can't form their words to the NT's standards of what makes a person intelligent.

I'm going off on a bit of a tangent, but my point is simple. Don't think for a second that something that doesn't make sense to you is an inferior method of reasoning.

Reactions: hush
You guys are confusing those two things - science and art - which are totally different. And it doesn't matter whether science is creative or not, nor all those artistic projects which are based on scientific knowledge.

Perhaps you're confusing creative with artistic. I'll let it slide if you would admit to your fail.

Art doesn't need to have the capacity to make sense or not.

Nope, it doesn't.

By the way, Meer, I love your artwork. Just had to throw that out there.

Reactions: hk427f3
Everything has the potential to make sense, and everything is logical. Everything follows the universe's laws. NTs who think anyone is illogical or irrational, is only interested in promoting his or her own behavior as "correct". Not being able to understand something "illogical" is nothing less than a failure.

Personal success can be achieved well beyond the confines of what's considered "logical", and in that regard, how could you question how someone thinks, or how someone explains their process if it is more successful than your so-called logical approach? Sore loser NTs will question their failure, and feel a lot better when the winner can't form their words to the NT's standards of what makes a person intelligent.

I'm going off on a bit of a tangent, but my point is simple. Don't think for a second that something that doesn't make sense to you is an inferior method of reasoning.

But you're doing it right now! You're questioning the logic of my statement. Anyway, INTPs are supposedly the best at detecting logical inconsistencies. If everything is logical, then nothing can be inconsistent, can it?

[MENTION=2177]o_q[/MENTION] makes purrty things. he owes me a present.

Is that it?! just one...I'd say you deserve a whole list...careful what you wish for though...

EDIT: Of course you dont necceraliy recieve what you deserve...but you'll get a present from me at least this time ---

Reactions: christmas
But you're doing it right now! You're questioning the logic of my statement. Anyway, INTPs are supposedly the best at detecting logical inconsistencies. If everything is logical, then nothing can be inconsistent, can it?

Let me rephrase: Reality is consistent with itself. People's perception of reality will be inconsistent to some degree. One's claims which attempt to assert reality in form of communication IS NOT necessarily reality.

I'm questioning your claims.

Let me rephrase: Reality is consistent with itself. People's perception of reality will be inconsistent to some degree. One's claims which attempt to assert reality in form of communication IS NOT necessarily reality.

I'm questioning your claims.

My claim is that NT's are bothered by things that don't make logical sense far more than other types. Without any empirical data to back me up, it's just a hypothesis in the wind though (like almost every claim ever made on every forum). If you could provide a counterexample (not created for the purpose of this discussion), then we could clear this up. So, show me some INTP art that is logically inconsistent.

My claim is that NT's are bothered by things that don't make logical sense far more than other types. Without any empirical data to back me up, it's just a hypothesis in the wind though (like almost every claim ever made on every forum). If you could provide a counterexample (not created for the purpose of this discussion), then we could clear this up. So, show me some INTP art that is logically inconsistent.

Agreed.

Reactions: whytiger
Show me some non-INTP art that is logically inconsistent, and tell me why it is so.
One example given in David Keirsey's book Personology that he uses as an example of how INTPs think involves perspective. Artists frequently draw boxes without considering perspective:

e429d8f6e5age005.jpg

The box on the left uses perspective lines (vanishing points) while the box on the right is isometric with the rear square the same size as the front square of the cube. If you are drawing a realistic scene, then you want to draw using perspective. Keirsey maintains that isometric cubes in scenes meant to represent reality bother INTPs in general because they are logically inconsistent.