Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
courage_the_cowardly_dog_by_Nodyhr.jpg

Courage The Cowardly Dog was one of my favorite shows growing up. It had something really special to it. While it was a cartoon with humorous moments in it, there was often an underlying serious tone to it, and at times went rather deep. As a child this would resonate deeper, but even at an older age that I am at now I still can see and feel it.

The reason I am making this thread is that I feel like other people here would have related to it. It seems like a show very many INFJ's and INFP's would relate to and really enjoy. So, if you watched the show, still like it, or are just curious. What are your thoughts on it?

I have a penchant for shows that have a dark twist to them but aren't actually scary or evil in itself, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed this show so much. In a very strange way, I just felt like I could connect with the show and just feel along with it, in a way that surprizingly did not stress me out at all (which is exceedingly rare for me). Not to mention at times the show got absolutely hilarious! The show had a lot of depth to it, and I have yet to see it matched. Personally, I feel the MBTI of each character would be as follows:

Courage: INFJ
Muriel: ENFP
Eustace: ISTJ

Here is a random episode:

[YOUTUBE]F1P9ID6GelM[/YOUTUBE]

You painted Eustace as ISTJ?

I know it fits but that's plain mean.

I enjoyed all the episodes. The style of art really isn't my taste, as it borrows heavily from the Ren and Stimpy genre. However, it was cute and I enjoyed the characters. I can also see Courage as an INFJ.

It may be a bit before some people's time, but I think Doug Funny was another one of those INFJ characters. And I think maybe Chucky Finster was as well. These characters always want to do the right thing even when they have to defy peer pressure or other challenges. Much of their struggle is overcoming their own emotions.

It may be a bit before some people's time, but I think Doug Funny was another one of those INFJ characters. And I think maybe Chucky Finster was as well. These characters always want to do the right thing even when they have to defy peer pressure or other challenges. Much of their struggle is overcoming their own emotions.

I remember doug quite well. I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite. Oh, and he certainly was an INFJ. Chucky, I could see as an INFJ now that you mentioned it. I had always pegged him as INFP, but INFJ does seem to fit slightly better.

Doug was awesome. INFJ for sure. Now try to type Skeeter.

I love Courage! :D Although I was rather late into viewing it (I was in my 30s when I first saw the show) I loved the "Twilight Zone" elements in it. The writers, animators, and producers were really creative and innovative, I thought.

Mostly, I liked it for the Twilight Zone elements. I'm not altogether certain Muriel was an ENFP, though; she seemed more like an xSFJ to me. Courage seemed like an IxFJ, though.

Oh doug, you were awesome. then Disney got you and ruined it in my eyes.

As for courage that was one of the last good cartoons I watched. There may be others but it trailed off with this one.

I'm also excluding Southpark. Not a real kids show to say the least

I love courage!
The best thing about it is that he's supposed to be a cowardly dog, and to some extent he is, but he has courage despite his absolute fear.

The villains were amazing, and many of them weren't the traditional "evil for evil's sake" villains either, they all had character. Some were just plain evil, but others were just misunderstood. Many times courage doesn't defeat them, but overcomes their hate with his love, or outsmarts them, or even befriends them. All just to keep his dysfunctional family safe in the middle of nowhere..
"The things I do for love..."

Also, the suspense music was AMAZING! And the fight sequences!! Instead of huge battles, they pull out paddles and play racquetball! Hilarious yet thrilling!

It seems we have the same taste in cartoons, Indy. I heard you like Adventure Time :D Mondays at 8 are my favorite time of the week.

You wouldn't happen to like Invader Zim, or Samurai Jack? I also love spongebob.. Old spongebob.

I love courage!
The best thing about it is that he's supposed to be a cowardly dog, and to some extent he is, but he has courage despite his absolute fear.

The villains were amazing, and many of them weren't the traditional "evil for evil's sake" villains either, they all had character. Some were just plain evil, but others were just misunderstood. Many times courage doesn't defeat them, but overcomes their hate with his love, or outsmarts them, or even befriends them. All just to keep his dysfunctional family safe in the middle of nowhere..
"The things I do for love..."

Also, the suspense music was AMAZING! And the fight sequences!! Instead of huge battles, they pull out paddles and play racquetball! Hilarious yet thrilling!

It seems we have the same taste in cartoons, Indy. I heard you like Adventure Time :D Mondays at 8 are my favorite time of the week.

You wouldn't happen to like Invader Zim, or Samurai Jack? I also love spongebob.. Old spongebob.

Yes, yes, and yes to all the reasons listed above :D

I really like invader zim, never really got into samurai jack, and I adore spongebob.

Stop, just stop. I'm going to have seisure if all these memories keep flashing through my head.

Rugrats, now thats a classic.

Wow, it's been years since I saw Courage :) (mostly because I can't get cable TV). I only remember two episodes - one with an evil spider and the other that was weirdly surreal and they fell into the earth or something o_O
I still watch most kid's shows on Saturday mornings :) They're theraputic.

I agree with Doug. But to add my own favorite cartoon growing up.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HUG!

Attachments

• Norbert.jpg
    Norbert.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
ANGRY!!!!! BEEEEEAVERSSSSSS!!!!!!

Oh Indy.

"I wish you hadn't done that.".
43753_1252803335483_352_400.jpg

I positively adore Courage.

What d'you think of Katz?

INTJ cliche villian?

But then, he's somewhat lacking in an ego and rather suave, more versatile with his plans...
INTP?
Meh, I'll stick with INTJ.

I can see courage as an INFJ.

He seems to do everything he does for love, and is rather spontaneous and objective. (i.e, always saving Eustace despite his cruelty and idocy)

I valued courage because it was genuinely scary amongst a bunch of simpery, boring cartoons, whats more it was amusing and graphically curious.

p.s, I still watch Courage when I get the chance.:)
"In the United Kingdom, the show also continues to air in reruns. Episodes are aired without commercials, not even for half-hour breaks. This is the only show on the UK version of this network aired in such a manner."

"We interrupt this program to bring you: Courage, the Cowardly Dog! show."

Last edited:
Katz was my favourite character ^^ I always liked the cats the best in any kind of program.
Yes, I would say INTJ for him too ^^"

REEETUUURN THE SLAAAAAAB
REEETUUUUUURN THE SLAAAAAAAAB

kingramses.jpg

...I liked King Ramses. :tongue1:

Yes, Courage was awesome. (heck CartoonNetwork in general is <3, tho the new stuff is kinda crappy)
Despite being a kids show, some of the episodes were definitely unsettling. O_O

Edit: HOLY CRAP that episode freaked me out.

REEETUUURN THE SLAAAAAAB
REEETUUUUUURN THE SLAAAAAAAAB

kingramses.jpg

...I liked King Ramses. :tongue1:

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP that episode freaked me out.

Hahaha. King Ramses loves you as long as he has his slab, though!

Posting again just to post Fred, too. He always makes me feel like being a little nauuughttyyy.

freakyfredbymutio.png

Sorry, I'm just a huge Courage fan. :) Sucks that kids nowadays don't have this kind of entertainment anymore. 90's cartoons for the win!

Last edited:
Freaky Fred is at the top of the list for my favorite episodes!

[YOUTUBE]3-F5yuUHoss[/YOUTUBE]

There are soooooo many other good episodes though