Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 75 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

When 'public' space is administered as private property, you don't really have a country.
And this is why I hate anti-scienfitic populism, regardless of colour. Its actively dangerous.

So yea, this is why I was already done with all this before it even really got going.
The app in China is pretty commonly used and I imagine it'll be implemented here in the US in some capacity, as a "safety" measure.
And we have no idea how the virus will mutate, there are already a couple strains and there's already evidence that people who get it can get it again very shortly after having it.
Once the numbers start ramping up in central and south america, we are going to see some devastating death numbers.
Though they don't have as good of tracking, so it may not appear that bad from afar. We'll see I guess.

My friend is sick and she had a teledoc appt. yesterday. Her doctor said to assume she has it based on her symptoms and stay quarantined at home for 14 days... To treat at home unless she can't breathe then call 911 or go to ER. The doctor isn't sending her to be tested. There's nowhere to test her out here, apparently, or she's not severe enough to test. They just don't have the tests that we are repeatedly told exist. So they are rationing them. If you tell someone to self quarantine because you think they may have it--it stands to reason that you would test them. The news keeps telling us there is testing available. Trump says if people want a test they can get one. I've heard there are supposedly drive thru tests out here but people still can't get tested. I get emails from the state for my work and I'm watching the numbers shoot up every day and we're over 2k now but I'll bet it's many times more than that just based on the lack of testing. My friend says she's having a hard time talking and getting around because she's very short of breath. The doctor just prescribed her an inhaler, which the pharmacy can't fill since they are on back order. It's really frustrating how much we do not have our shit together at this point.

If your friend is having trouble breathing, they need to raise some hell about it. They need to go to the hospital and be fucking dramatic about it.
It could save their life.

Good advice. Like your video just mentioned, people decline rapidly.

I have had SARS and pneumonia a few times and it is like the boiled frog analogy.
You think you are breathing ok, not great but you know, breathing.
And all of a sudden your fingertips are blue for some reason and shit gets real, real fast.

If your friend is having trouble breathing, they need to raise some hell about it. They need to go to the hospital and be fucking dramatic about it.
Wywy's right. Get them to a hospital

Its a US thing as well from what I've seen. For any illness. Don't be coy and always over exaggerated especially if on lower level health insurance otherwise they'll fob you off.

Its a US thing as well from what I've seen. For any illness. Don't be coy and always over exaggerated especially if on lower level health insurance otherwise they'll fob you off.

I don't like being an alarmist or anything, but really you will get better care in the US if you are more dramatic and voice things with more certainty.
I should clarify that what I had was never confirmed officially as SARS but it was during that exact time and I was quarantined because they didn't know wtf I had.
They never figured it out, because it wasn't really a thing in the US, just a few cases.
I definitely had it tho, it was all of the same symptoms and played out the same.
I was on oxygen and almost intubated. It hit me like a fucking brick wall, weird as hell.

We talked about that. She just says she will go when it gets really bad. But that might be too late. I told her to call her doctor or ER now and tell them what's going on.

I just talked to her again a few hours later and she was getting winded. She told me she couldn't finish cleaning the litter box earlier because she felt like passing out.

I've got her address. So I guess my plan is to keep checking on her and if it sounds really bad or she doesn't respond to call her an ambulance. WTF else can I do? I can't run over there and take her myself without getting exposed if she has it.

We talked about that. She just says she will go when it gets really bad. But that might be too late. I told her to call her doctor or ER now and tell them what's going on.

I just talked to her again a few hours later and she was getting winded. She told me she couldn't finish cleaning the litter box earlier because she felt like passing out.

I've got her address. So I guess my plan is to keep checking on her and if it sounds really bad or she doesn't respond to call her an ambulance. WTF else can I do? I can't run over there and take her myself without getting exposed if she has it.

Yeah, I feel your frustration. I just felt obligated to assert my own thoughts on it for the benefit of anyone who is on the fence. Hopefully their situation doesn't worsen, just keep tabs on em, that's all you can do in situations like that.

My friend is sick and she had a teledoc appt. yesterday. Her doctor said to assume she has it based on her symptoms and stay quarantined at home for 14 days... To treat at home unless she can't breathe then call 911 or go to ER. The doctor isn't sending her to be tested. There's nowhere to test her out here, apparently, or she's not severe enough to test. They just don't have the tests that we are repeatedly told exist. So they are rationing them. If you tell someone to self quarantine because you think they may have it--it stands to reason that you would test them. The news keeps telling us there is testing available. Trump says if people want a test they can get one. I've heard there are supposedly drive thru tests out here but people still can't get tested. I get emails from the state for my work and I'm watching the numbers shoot up every day and we're over 2k now but I'll bet it's many times more than that just based on the lack of testing. My friend says she's having a hard time talking and getting around because she's very short of breath. The doctor just prescribed her an inhaler, which the pharmacy can't fill since they are on back order. It's really frustrating how much we do not have our shit together at this point.
trump is lying..there are not enough tests. . period. .if she is getting worse she needs to get to a hospital. .it can get really bad, really quickly. I would check on her from a distance and call 911 if you think she is in trouble. .

She's going to the ER now. I have been on her ass and then went on Facebook and got one of her other close friends to call and check on her because I'm overbearing and figured we could tag team it. But she called the ER and told them she was having trouble breathing and she's going in.

She's going to the ER now. I have been on her ass and then went on Facebook and got one of her other close friends to call and check on her because I'm overbearing and figured we could tag team it. But she called the ER and told them she was having trouble breathing and she's going in.
Good work, that's a relief to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was checking in while at work to see how this played out. Good job being overbearing and tag teamin' it!

ACD109D5-6ED0-443C-B84B-790661CE7413.jpeg

I love being an American.

Not.

Not sure how the American government expects a one-time payment of $1200 will help millions of families pay the bills and utilities throughout the duration of this pandemic.

I have had SARS and pneumonia a few times and it is like the boiled frog analogy.
You think you are breathing ok, not great but you know, breathing.
And all of a sudden your fingertips are blue for some reason and shit gets real, real fast.
This is freaking whack! I'm glad you're ok. Care to go into more detail about the SARS!? What did it do to your mind and heart, thoughts and whatnot!? Ok you don't have to answer. I realize it's a negative personal experience. I'm just curious, my guy.

View attachment 65499

I love being an American.

Not.

Not sure how the American government expects a one-time payment of $1200 will help millions of families pay the bills and utilities throughout the duration of this pandemic.

My rent alone is more than that.
I'm gonna try to start some shit about not paying rent for three months.
Because fuck you America.