Contacting The Dead | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Contacting The Dead

OK SO WHO SUMMONED EH BACK FROM THE DEAD?

Because now we need to fix this kind of cage on Flavus' gravesite.
zombie-grave-cage.jpg

Reactions: Skarekrow
Wrote about this on forum before but it got lost somewhere out there, so I'll write it here because I think it's relevant.

After my aunt died I had a lot of dreams about her, but always the dream would end in disappointment and frustration and sadness when I realised that the dream figure wasn't "really" her.

One night I was having a (nondescript) dream and there was like a doorway that appeared in my dream and I went through it. It exited into a sort of "space" but could have been anywhere, could have been on a plain, or a mountainside, or a cloud. My aunt was there and I recognised her straight away. I ran up to her and said "It's really you! It's not some sort of fake dream copy of you!" She said, "Yes, it's really me." She was all surrounded in golden light, she was wearing a golden jacket of scale mail, and I realised that she was a dragon now. She told me not to worry about her, that she was happy, and she was with others like her, (in the dream she said something like "loved ones", but it wasn't exactly that). I observed these others hovering around in the background. She told me that she was looking after me.

After that dream I didn't miss her as much anymore. I didn't understand the dream but it seemed real to me.

I had another dream more recently where she opened a door into my dream and walked into it. I wasn't sure whether it was really her. I was dreaming about my mother in that dream, and the dream version of my mother rushed up to my aunt and started saying how much she missed her, how happy she was to see her. In the dream, I thought how silly this was, because it wasn't really my mother, it was my fake dream mother who was rushing up to my aunt. My aunt looked exhausted. I said to my aunt, "It isn't really you." My aunt said "It's really me, it's just that coming into dreams like this is [expensive, costs a lot]." She said "I just came to tell you that you're not alone in looking after [your mother], and I'm watching over her and looking after her too." Then she said something to my mother, but it wasn't in words, it was in emotions, and I couldn't understand it properly.

I think my aunt is still with me, all the time, every day... but I think she would want me to not think about her actively anymore... I think she would want me to know that she's still with me but that I have to go on with my life and not spend my life in talking to her and missing her... that's the feeling that I got from the dreams. So I probably wouldn't spend any time or energy trying to call her up or talk to her anymore.
Wow. So much here. More than just subconscious dream stuff. You really got a good glimpse I think. This is beautiful.

I do understand why a person would want to contact a loved one after a passing. It is one of life's greatest unknowns and greatest hurts. The pain of losing a loved one is deeply profound and takes a while to heal, so I have no judgement against others who would want to contact their loved ones. I would fully support and understand their decision, but in a way, I would want them to be aware and just take some safety precautions as well. I myself am a skeptic when it comes to anything paranormal/supernatural, but I do keep an open mind to these sort of things, especially when it comes to ouija boards.

Personally, I wouldn't do it myself; not because I am afraid or against the idea but mainly because I would want to move on and heal as much as I can. The healing process of losing someone you deeply love and care about is a long and tedious one, and I feel attempting to contact them will stall the process--- at least for me personally--- I know for some it actually helps accelerate their healing.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote