Contacting The Dead | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Contacting The Dead

If you ever listen to Richard Dawkins. ... I mean really listen... the poor stupid bastard doesn't even really believe himself.

If he did... he would understand that it doesnt matter how you live your life or what happens in life.

I am stuck though. Glued to the fucoiking insanity. I just want to be let go. I have no desire to live in this shit created world. Why must be forced to. Release me of your ignorance. Your world suck. Like a childs drawing of an animal thats nothing but lines and expecting praise from a teacher. Whoever created this world is as daft as a rock. And thats being kind. Release me!
It's hard when the pain and frustration grips. And we just want to be released from the pain. At times the chasm can be very dark with no light in sight. And then the heavy brow of darkness lifts. and the sun peeks its head from behind the clouds. Everything seems a little lighter. The future appears a little brighter. Perhaps it isn't from this world..or perhaps its from what our 5 senses can't perceive. Theres more to the world than the 5 sense world. Be patient and see. Hugs and love @Eventhorizon. You are one of us tribe members. The tribes loving vibes are sending to you. x

It's hard when the pain and frustration grips. And we just want to be released from the pain. At times the chasm can be very dark with no light in sight. And then the heavy brow of darkness lifts. and the sun peeks its head from behind the clouds. Everything seems a little lighter. The future appears a little brighter. Perhaps it isn't from this world..or perhaps its from what our 5 senses can't perceive. Theres more to the world than the 5 sense world. Be patient and see. Hugs and love @Eventhorizon. You are one of us tribe members. The tribes loving vibes are sending to you. x
Thank you. But there is no pain...you are receding. .. :)
Seriously though I am tired of this world where people feed on other people.

Thank you. But there is no pain...you are receding. .. :)
Seriously though I am tired of this world where people feed on other people.
Yeah, the ones that are still caught in that meaningless mean game of feeding on others. It's not possible to change others and letting them do what they do is the best course of action I think. Unless of course they want to feed on you, then it's a stress.

In this context, I think that any or all of those things are possible, feasible. I'm perfectly OK with spooky story telling, it just doesn't seem like a very reasonable worry within the context. I'm not saying that the context itself is entirely reasonable, I'm just saying that it seems like unnecessary fearfulness or paranoia. In this case as you can see by responses to this thread, this kind of spooky speculation is not being experienced at all as fun, but as a meaningful barrier to real world experience, which is why I interrogate it a little bit. Not to close off meanings necessarily, but just to interrogate them.

As you suggest, with my examples especially what I was trying to question was the idea that human ideas of evil apply to this context. What is an evil spirit, a sociopath who is so chronically lonely for human company that it kills people? A fame-hungry narcissist? Whatever! - these are totally human ideas of "evil". I maybe think "evil" altogether is a fairly ridiculous concept, because it tends to operate in some sort of mythologising way to turn something that is actually quite mundane into something that is overwhelming and absolute. I understand that others don't always think that way, but I think they should at least consider it.

So you want to talk to Aunt Dorothy in the bathroom mirror and see if she says anything back. Oh no, an "evil spirit" might answer instead! Well so what if it does? We are grown ups and can handle scary things. Look away from the mirror if you get frightened and go talk to the plants instead.

Regardless as you say if it's an aspect of ourselves given a new form - we could learn something.

I don't think there is anything childish about being cautious... Especially after having a disturbing experience. But try it for yourself and see what you come up with.

Reactions: invisible
I don't mind trying it for myself... I do try it for myself, quite often. Sometimes I come up with something, most times nothing. Finding something is rewarding, but the worst thing, by far in my experience, is finding nothing... just nothing.

Once I left a magic mirror open and had plenty of terrifying nightmares. I was OK in the end though. "Better close that mirror next time."

Reactions: acd
It is one thing to be casually interested in the other side. However, I'm a bit more intense about it. I wouldn't call it an obsession but my level of interest is dangerous. I've closed the "door" before, but those entities wait for me to slip up, even just once, to make an entrance again. It's like a broken window with the insect guard blowing in the wind.

Last time I intentionally opened it up, two red eyes were glaring at me several feet above my pillow, next to my window, in an encounter I would describe as "waiting for instruction". Perhaps I am a master of sorts.

I am prompted with the question, is there a means to an end with this curiosity? And I believe so. We do things out of thirst for knowledge, and I believe the only (best) source of knowledge is first hand experience. In many examples from my past, I've been the vessel for an experience most people would not want, but I've done so in order to seek a truth, an answer. My interest in this subject is undergoing the very same frame of mind.

I should note - anyone interested, even casually, should respect the other side, unconditionally, regardless of the situation. You have nothing to fear if you stand by your actions, your character and your integrity. There is much to learn from, to experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Contacting the dead would, in my view, essentially be making contact with the experiences of the living with the deceased, projected into a spiritual-energetic body, and thus not be true contact.

This is under the assumption that upon death the spirit swiftly transports to wherever it is meant to go - to a new body, or the aether - and that which is left behind are but artefacts.

Reactions: Wyote and jyrffw54
Contacting the dead would, in my view, essentially be making contact with the experiences of the living with the deceased, projected into a spiritual-energetic body, and thus not be true contact.

This is under the assumption that upon death the spirit swiftly transports to wherever it is meant to go - to a new body, or the aether - and that which is left behind are but artefacts.

That sounds suspiciously like "it's all in your imagination". Are you so certain that people wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

I don't go out of my way to contact the "dead", but they do contact me every now and then. I've made it clear, that at this point in my life, I'm not interested in mediumship of that caliber.

That sounds suspiciously like "it's all in your imagination". Are you so certain that people wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

I don't think people would necessarily be able to tell if what they were experiencing was truly the "ghost" of someone or not, no.

Do you think that after we die we become a disembodied spirit floating around that can be contacted? Or is this something that happens in certain circumstances like "unfinished business"?

I don't believe that this is what happens to us, so naturally I am skeptical of contact with the deceased actually being contact with their disembodied spirit.

I'm just saying there are other explanations. It's like alien encounters - they're not necessarily actual extraterrestrial encounters we're making. It could easily be other things and it would just feel that way.

Reactions: Wyote
I don't think people would necessarily be able to tell if what they were experiencing was truly the "ghost" of someone or not, no.

Do you think that after we die we become a disembodied spirit floating around that can be contacted? Or is this something that happens in certain circumstances like "unfinished business"?

I don't believe that this is what happens to us, so naturally I am skeptical of contact with the deceased actually being contact with their disembodied spirit.

I'm just saying there are other explanations. It's like alien encounters - they're not necessarily actual extraterrestrial encounters we're making. It could easily be other things and it would just feel that way.

I don't think people would necessarily not be able to tell if some experience was "real" or not. I don't know whether the entity they were contacting would necessarily be a "ghost" or "disembodied spirit". Maybe a person in "heaven" - although I don't myself really believe in heaven. I don't necessarily "believe" in anything. I think that I am myself sometimes hesitant to settle on explanations of "reality". There may be other explanations, as you say. Surely if someone experiences something as "real", then it is in some sense "real" enough to them to constitute some sort of "reality" - there is little else we have in this world to measure "reality" than experience. There is no way of checking the "reality" of a person's experience with a loved one, that I can possibly think of. There is no way to know whether it is really "real" or not, or by what mechanism it might come about. So your potential explanation is no better than any other based on belief, really.

So, I don't necessarily see the need to interrogate the validity of the experience. Maybe there is, or maybe there isn't, I'm not completely sure. Obviously, "my dead mother came to me and ordered me to murder community members" is something different and much more concerning than "my dead mother came to me and she told me that she loves me and is watching over me, and I could tell that it was her real presence, and not just a product of my imagination".

Never Use Ouija Boards 6 Scary Real Stories

Considering Ouija boards, here are some experiences that show the general danger of using it.

But if you want to contact the dead, why not try a hypnotic session or use a pendulum. These approaches are much safer.

Have you ever sought to contact a loved one who has passed away? To call them up, to feel their presence, to converse with them? What process did you go through in your attempt?

If you have never made such an attempt, do you think that you ever would?

Is it right or wrong to do this?
In earnest, I have never tried to talk to a dead relative. I can only see myself making an attempt if, in the future, I ever begin to suffer from a mental disorder or desire to prove or disprove that one can.

Generally, I don't think it's wrong or unethical to attempt what facts would suggest to be unreasonable; it takes ignorance of facts or massive metaphorical cojones.

Sorry about the title, I considered a number of soft euphemisms but in the end I thought it would be better to be plain. Grief hurts, but we are all adults.

Have you ever sought to contact a loved one who has passed away? To call them up, to feel their presence, to converse with them? What process did you go through in your attempt?

If you have never made such an attempt, do you think that you ever would?

Is it right or wrong to do this?

I've never lost anyone that I was close enough to where this would be a thing for me. I run in some circles where contacting the dead is a real thing. People are obsessed with it and they all seem to think they have some sort of gift for contacting people from the afterlife. I'm open to their experiences but I usually feel turned off by it when it comes to exploring it for myself. I don't think I'd be looking to contact anyone from "the other side" if they died. It just doesn't jive with me.

I don't think it's wrong to try to do it if you believe that people's souls stay intact after they die. I don't have fully formulated beliefs about the afterlife should it exist.

I think sometimes it can become really problematic though. For example I know a woman who lost her adult son a few years ago. She desperately tried to get in touch with his spirit after he died and spent a disgusting amount of money on psychics and mediums before she decided she'd try to contact him herself. Now she goes around teaching mediumship courses and thinks that everyone can do it. The problem I have is that she's using this as a coping mechanism and a lot of it may just be wishful thinking... I would never say it to her though because I don't know how it is to lose a child and what coping with that looks like. It just seems like something that was borne out of trauma and I am not sure I can get behind it.

If people want to spend their money doing it then I'm all for it. Everyone copes with their grief in different ways.

I'm gonna haunt you all when I'm dead. You'll see.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Wrote about this on forum before but it got lost somewhere out there, so I'll write it here because I think it's relevant.

After my aunt died I had a lot of dreams about her, but always the dream would end in disappointment and frustration and sadness when I realised that the dream figure wasn't "really" her.

One night I was having a (nondescript) dream and there was like a doorway that appeared in my dream and I went through it. It exited into a sort of "space" but could have been anywhere, could have been on a plain, or a mountainside, or a cloud. My aunt was there and I recognised her straight away. I ran up to her and said "It's really you! It's not some sort of fake dream copy of you!" She said, "Yes, it's really me." She was all surrounded in golden light, she was wearing a golden jacket of scale mail, and I realised that she was a dragon now. She told me not to worry about her, that she was happy, and she was with others like her, (in the dream she said something like "loved ones", but it wasn't exactly that). I observed these others hovering around in the background. She told me that she was looking after me.

After that dream I didn't miss her as much anymore. I didn't understand the dream but it seemed real to me.

I had another dream more recently where she opened a door into my dream and walked into it. I wasn't sure whether it was really her. I was dreaming about my mother in that dream, and the dream version of my mother rushed up to my aunt and started saying how much she missed her, how happy she was to see her. In the dream, I thought how silly this was, because it wasn't really my mother, it was my fake dream mother who was rushing up to my aunt. My aunt looked exhausted. I said to my aunt, "It isn't really you." My aunt said "It's really me, it's just that coming into dreams like this is [expensive, costs a lot]." She said "I just came to tell you that you're not alone in looking after [your mother], and I'm watching over her and looking after her too." Then she said something to my mother, but it wasn't in words, it was in emotions, and I couldn't understand it properly.

I think my aunt is still with me, all the time, every day... but I think she would want me to not think about her actively anymore... I think she would want me to know that she's still with me but that I have to go on with my life and not spend my life in talking to her and missing her... that's the feeling that I got from the dreams. So I probably wouldn't spend any time or energy trying to call her up or talk to her anymore.