Conservapedia vs. Einstein | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Conservapedia vs. Einstein

So she effectively doesn't "believe" in biology? Without the theory of evolution, you really don't have much to do in modern biology.

I would be afraid to have her or anyone who really believes that as a doctor. Why do new flu vaccines have to be developed each year if evolution is incorrect?

It's wierd. I truly don't get this about her. She follows science, knows it really well, understands biology really well, and you can talk to her about many different things. But she proclaims that she doesn't believe in evolution and for her to have to learn more about it is really frusterating for her. Yet, she aces nearly everything. She's an enigma in that respect (shes ISTJ).

People will see what they want to see.

I know that in cognitive psychology some perspectives that seem obviously, laughably wrong are quite often reasonable positions to take, if not accurate. I guess this site is an example of that being extrapolated to physics, only we have evidence and logic being terribly abused, suggesting that this is not reasonable let alone accurate.

I thought conservitives hated charity? Double-standards for the win! :moony:

Website has so much win

It's wierd. I truly don't get this about her. She follows science, knows it really well, understands biology really well, and you can talk to her about many different things. But she proclaims that she doesn't believe in evolution and for her to have to learn more about it is really frusterating for her. Yet, she aces nearly everything. She's an enigma in that respect (shes ISTJ).

At some level cognitively she has to have compartmentalized her beliefs and school work, otherwise she'd spend too much energy trying to fix the conflicts involved.

A lot of people do this. They put the answers they know are right on the test, but whether they believe them are another story.

So she effectively doesn't "believe" in biology? Without the theory of evolution, you really don't have much to do in modern biology.

I would be afraid to have her or anyone who really believes that as a doctor. Why do new flu vaccines have to be developed each year if evolution is incorrect?

Agreed, although it is possible to believe in micro evolution, in that small mutations can happen without changing from one species into a new one. People that say that don't really seem to take the scope of time involved into account. Then again, a lot of those people don't believe in the same time-frame evolution does.

My ISTJ friend and I were debating evolution/religion (Bad idea) and he asked me why we don't have ape babies. I was like "Are you really asking me that?"

Theoretically it would take just as much time to devolve back to that state (assuming evolution was true) even though we don't devolve that way, it is a one way road.

He didn't seem to grasp the concept that we are so damn biologically similar to other species.

Another guy said "Well look at our intelligence, and what we have accomplished."

My only response was "I don't really see that much intelligence in humanity. I see an awful lot of stupidity though."

People will see what they want to see.

I know that in cognitive psychology some perspectives that seem obviously, laughably wrong are quite often reasonable positions to take, if not accurate. I guess this site is an example of that being extrapolated to physics, only we have evidence and logic being terribly abused, suggesting that this is not reasonable let alone accurate.

I think a lot of it has to do with a lot of idiots validating other idiots.

I think a lot of it has to do with a lot of idiots validating other idiots.
And thus rendering comfort when the rest of the world is telling them to GTFO. Seriously, this is about as bad as the blogs of people who no one likes, complaining about how evil everyone must be for not handling their rude behaviour and body odor.

Okay, I have to stop posting links and quotes from Conservapedia eventually, but this gem was just too good not to share:

Currently, there is an ongoing debate on whether atheism was a causal factor for Friedrich Nietzsche's insanity or whether it was caused purely through disease.
:pound:

Critical thinking and conservatism are about as compatible as Ti and Fe.

Okay, I have to stop posting links and quotes from Conservapedia eventually, but this gem was just too good not to share:

:pound:

I am surprised they didn't blame Nazism on him, or maybe it is in there somewhere.

I really wish it were that easy to go insane...

This site makes me want to punch small children... I hate it so... So illogical. How can you take a sound, tested and Proven, theory and just throw it under the rug because it uses the word relativity?.

*facepalm*

People wonder why I left the republican party

Is the atheist Richard Dawkins a man filled with courage, truth, and conviction or a man who is a cowardly pseudo intellectual pantywaist?
Not a huge fan of Dawkins, but that statement totally reminds me of listening to a group of meat heads in High School struggle at an intellectual conversation.