Condoms for Africa | INFJ Forum

Condoms for Africa

S

Shai Gar

How about a charity that sponsors and works on the ground for getting condom use and education widespread in Africa?

To do that we'd need to also support:
  • Clean Water
  • Education:
    • Science
    • Geography
    • Maths
    • Engineering (Civil, Mechanical - Both using argarian levels of engineering, with modern rules)
    • Diplomatic Expression (practical uses of languages)
    • Languages (Arabic, Swahili, Hausa, Berber, Oromo, French, English, Afrikaans, German)
  • Food Development
  • Aids Treatment
  • Other Health Treatment
  • Infrastructure Development
  • Entrepreneurial Support for Africans

We'd need to support those so that we're providing the same and further, levels of support that the catholic and other religious charities are providing. Otherwise we're looking like hypocritical facists attempting to force our own worldview on others, without providing the support that the previous people were.

Who here would be interested in being in this charity and working for it either in our various home nations, or in Africa itself, on the ground.

I'm guessing quite a few judging from the activity in the Condoms thread.

:) You already know my view. If you're serious about it, it might have promise. At the very least, though, we can try to see if there's another organization making stronger strides with an established base of operations.

I'm always serious about helping other people get onto their feet so they can fix their own damn problems.

The only one I can think of is Doctors without Borders. All the other ones provide their own morals or demands onto the populace

There's actually something called "Condoms for Africa" and it was started by two nursing students in New Hampshire. I don't know if the organization is still going on, but I could check.

There should be a few independent organizations via WHO or CDC...I might have to do some digging.

Slow down... one big idea at a time!

pffft
That's the childs way. a hundred big ideas at a time, and a team each to work on all of them. That's the ENTP way.

In Africa, they use plastic bags for condoms.

ribbed_for_her_pleasure_funny_offensive_tee_tshirt-p235967386772680924q6vb_400.jpg

(I couldn't find a better version of this...)

What we need for this is to generate funds in the west and with them sponsor local initiatives. There are plenty but they have no funds.

You have to admit its a bit awkward to have a rich white guy come to your village to get between you and your woman in the most private way imaginable.

Local people know the language, the culture and the taboos intimately, and by putting them on the payroll you also stimulate the local economy by supplying paid jobs.

We westerners squeeze the economic life blood out of the African continent. Lots more money goes from Africa than TO Africa. Africa has basically become our outsourced plantation.

If we supply anything it should be primary knowledge from our scientists and money money money for them to help themselves. Money for education and yes, money for condoms. Or rather - a few big condom factories on African soil so they can meet their own demand.

I'm deeply disturbed by the fate of Africa. We should be helping, its our moral obligation.

Of course. African Slaves never went out of fashion... but out of sight, out of mind.

How about a charity that sponsors and works on the ground for getting condom use and education widespread in Africa?

To do that we'd need to also support:
  • Clean Water
  • Education:
    • Science
    • Geography
    • Maths
    • Engineering (Civil, Mechanical - Both using argarian levels of engineering, with modern rules)
    • Diplomatic Expression (practical uses of languages)
    • Languages (Arabic, Swahili, Hausa, Berber, Oromo, French, English, Afrikaans, German)
  • Food Development
  • Aids Treatment
  • Other Health Treatment
  • Infrastructure Development
  • Entrepreneurial Support for Africans

We'd need to support those so that we're providing the same and further, levels of support that the catholic and other religious charities are providing. Otherwise we're looking like hypocritical facists attempting to force our own worldview on others, without providing the support that the previous people were.

Who here would be interested in being in this charity and working for it either in our various home nations, or in Africa itself, on the ground.

I'm guessing quite a few judging from the activity in the Condoms thread.

Did you know that the Catholic church pushes for the non-use of condoms; the church views it as a type of abortion.

Yes. However they also push for a great many other positive things. Which is why a charity to oppose the catholic church must also give aid in the other areas.

To my (albeit very limited) readings on Africa, rape is very common. While condoms and education may help many people, and is therefore honorable. I think there would still be a lot of widespread disease and unwanted pregnancies.