Comprehensive knowledge of philosophy | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Comprehensive knowledge of philosophy

Wow, Duty, this list looks really interesting, and it is something I have always wanted to know. Between this and the INFJ writers list, I need to head to the library pronto. I did not know that aesthetics belonged with philosophy, either. (Pretty much thought I could tell for myself...?)

Now, while you're at it, can you teach me subatomic physics and advanced financial analysis as well?:m075:

P.S. Thank you.

Last edited:
How long are philosophy books, on average? I've seen ones that were 400 pages, and others clocking in it about 100. I realize that the lengths of the work depend and vary, but is there an average?

Long. They vary actually. I couldn't give you an average. A few hundred pages maybe?

My dad recomended this book to me: From Socrates to Sarte I believe was the title.

Last edited:
Philosophy of Mind & Symbolic Logic are two of my favourite branches. The latter is a bit similar to math. If you're good in math you'll easily get a good grasp of it, but you don't have to be. Both very interesting, just rather broad. There're a variety of books out there, but the best I've come across are from David J. Chalmers & Virginia Klenk.

Now, while you're at it, can you teach me subatomic physics and advanced financial analysis as well?

Still learning the physics for myself, we'll see about that one in the far future! :p

I know that Nova has an interesting 3 hour program on string theory and M-theory though.

Philosophy of Mind & Symbolic Logic are two of my favourite branches. The latter is a bit similar to math. If you're good in math you'll easily get a good grasp of it, but you don't have to be. Both very interesting, just rather broad. There're a variety of books out there, but the best I've come across are from David J. Chalmers & Virginia Klenk.

I've made logic the core focus of my academic interests (and not on purpose). I always get involved in subjects that relate closely to it (philosophy, computer science/electronic circuits, mathematics, cognitive science/psychology), but eventually I always rebound right back to logic. It's an awesome and fascinating topic.

Last edited: