Cognitive Function Ghosting | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Cognitive Function Ghosting

Fi woulda told you to give up on personality typing as it doesn't do justice to people as individuals. :D

Yeah. That makes sense. My INTJ and INFP friends seem to have a lot of resistance in accepting blanket classifications for people.

My Fi is always trying to get my Ti to accept that the way this works is to help define individuals, so I'm constantly trying to define all of this into terms that allow for gradients. This theory is my attempt at a middle ground. Ti wants to know how it works. Fi wants it to work in a way that lets everyone be individuals. Fe wants it to be right. Te wants it to apply to the big picture of how we all relate.

Ack. I posted here about a week ago, but I think it got lost in cyberspace. Meh. I'll post again! ^_^

Von Hase, how do you calculate the size/shape of the ovals? I'd like to do one of my own, but I don't know how you came up with the placement...

Von Hase, how do you calculate the size/shape of the ovals? I'd like to do one of my own, but I don't know how you came up with the placement...

I took a look at my function results, and then plotted them at one tenth the values. If Fe was 43, then I put the Fe dot at 4.3. Once I got all of the values dotted, I then made an oval that touched each dot.

Oh! Now that I look at it again, yeah, it's so obvious. Silly me. I'll have to post one soon now! :thumb:

EDIT: It's now officially soon o'clock! Gosh, no wonder I test out as everything and anything! I'm so centrally balanced! Yikes!

Attachments

• SN.jpg
    SN.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 34
  • TF.jpg
    TF.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Oh! Now that I look at it again, yeah, it's so obvious. Silly me. I'll have to post one soon now! :thumb:

EDIT: It's now officially soon o'clock! Gosh, no wonder I test out as everything and anything! I'm so centrally balanced! Yikes!

I am noticing a profoundly common trend among INFJs. We have extremely round and centered graphs. We're a unanimously ambihemisphered group. I am convinced that this is an indicator of a much greater principle behind how the cognitive functions and the human mind operate.

^^ We would almost have to be, when you think about Ni and Fe. If we used Ni all the time alone, we'd be off in our own little worlds all the time, and socialization would be horrible. It's really only when an INFJ gets a GOOD handle on Fe that they can really function socially a lot

This is interesting. It would explain why my Ne and Fi are roughly similar in strength to my Ti and Se.

I am noticing a profoundly common trend among INFJs. We have extremely round and centered graphs. We're a unanimously ambihemisphered group. I am convinced that this is an indicator of a much greater principle behind how the cognitive functions and the human mind operate.

Hash out your principle some more, then post your thoughts. I'd love to see this be developed. ^_^