Clangers Dislike Me (and I Am A Womble) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Clangers Dislike Me (and I Am A Womble)

@atree I'm sorry you feel that way. I think "character surgery" is a bit strong, but if that's your view so be it. It wasn't at all a crack or dig at you to refer to qualifications or IQ. It meant that I accepted your view regardless of either. Seemingly not everyone agrees with that.

If you look back at my posts I think you'll see I made numerous attempts to reach out to the OP in a very non confrontational way (as did others) but I can't dismiss attitudes like that as harmless, when sadly they're not.

I think the whole thing became far too serious, and this thread was an attempt to redress that. I have no intention of ganging up on anyone or performing character surgery. I don't think anyone else who posted here intended that either.

No, I don't agree with Artemisia's opinions, but I think they're more misguided rather than intentionally malicious. I get that people were getting frustrated with her in the thread, as her personality can be difficult to deal with, but I don't think that warrants several people jumping to perform character surgery just as soon as she replies sarcastically to a separate thread that called her out. If you think that's fair, I don't know what to tell you.

Racist and homophobic views aren't opinion, they're prejudice. Sometimes they come from a place of good intentions, but in this case it's been clear that they didn't. I'm not only frustrated, I'm disgusted. You're right about the importance of being fair of course, but I'm not sure that you're holding Artemisia to the same standards of fairness.

Yeah, 'every appearance.' You don't know what is going on in someone's head at any moment.

That's why I chose that word. I was conceding that you had a point, and I also think that my rejoinder was accurate and valid enough. She has dished it out continually, and has been unwaveringly persistent in making it clear that she doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. She could have backed off and conceded a point at any time, no one has demanded for her to persist.

I respect you as a forum member and as a person and human being.

I'm sorry @atree, if I have caused any offense. I realise that I have not consistently acted admirably in my responses to this. I grew up gay and worked in half the gay bars in town. My memories of working in gay bars include my managers instructing me to make my way directly to work in order to avoid being bashed. When I try to compare defending Artemisia from chatter on a forum to fear of being gay bashed, I struggle to reconcile those things in the same category of danger to self. I'm not writing this to excuse myself, I am just writing to explain my emotional responses.

Reactions: Free and aeon
I wasn't at all offended, @invisible. In fact, you were very respectful and kind. You did mention you were gay to me before, so I was able to fill in the blanks to understand why you were upset. I'm very well aware that, sadly, almost all LGBT folk have had an experience with gay bashing and I can appreciate how hard it must be to separate someone's ignorant views from that sort of thing. It IS emotional and it is hard to see the person who is triggering those feelings as another individual. Yet, despite this being so personal for you, you were able to see where I was coming from. That I wasn't dismissing you or your views, or defending/validating Artemisia's; that I was really about trying to stick to the principle of the situation. I highly respect you for being able to move those strong emotions aside and make room for another perspective too. Thank you.

Any way, the last thing I want is to turn this thread into a courtroom of sorts, so this will be my last reply here.

@Artemisia I am sorry if anything I posted here offended or upset you, that was not my intent. I apologize. I speak only for myself, but I think this thread was only created to be light hearted and not malicious, in any way.

@atree I still feel nothing offensive or bad was intended here. The "target" was not the OP it was homophobia, and from what I've read it was done in a gentle humorous manner. I have though, taken on board what you said.

Laugh at the funny thread. Throw back your head, open your mouth and let forth a hearty hoot until that sound becomes laughter. You can do it.

Last edited:
I put boogers on my crotch...

giphy.gif

I need a vacation...