88chaz88

Back for a limited time only
Retired Staff
Mar 17, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
9w1
There are a lot of Clangers in my work place, (I'm part of some BBC 70's children's TV characters outreach program) and while I'm minding my own business, picking up things that folk leave behind, and generally wombling free in the overground and underground, these mother fuckers keep whistling and hooting behind my back. I've no idea what they're saying, but I bet it's malicious. I mean you know what they say about Clangers, bunch of big-eared, pink-snouted, twats if you ask me. I get along with the Soup Dragon though.

I've always had this problem with Clangers. Whenever they visited Wimbledon Common they'd continually whistle behind my back. I think it's because as a Womble I value environmental ethics and Clangers are known for their untidiness, I've spoken to Uncle Bulgaria about it but he says it's all in my head. Maybe there's something in my personality that those pink-knitted buggers just don't like, but I can't imagine what.

Would like to hear from other Wombles. ABSOLUTELY NO CLANGERS!

Not a Clangerphobe as I support Clanger rights.

Sorry I so totally hate you, but that's only because I'm a Clanger and the purpose of my existence is to engage in malicious gossip about you. And I hate you because I can't make you feel bad about yourself because you can see right through me and it's all an evil cycle of infinite causation of me hating you because I want to make you feel bad about yourself because I hate you. And I also know that I hate you because I read it in a malicious gossip paper that I hate you. BTW I'm only commenting on your thread because of my insecurity.

I'll have you know I have a Phd in thing-finding from a top wombleversity! I'll even scan it once I learn how to work this printer Tobermory built from two old socks and half a baked bean tin. I don't mind if Clangers don't agree with me, but laughing at Wombles just shows that some people's IQ levels aren't up to par.

I've traveled all over Wimbledon Common and met many more Clangers than you, I can assure you.

I'm rational!

Jim'll Fix It was an inside job!

There are a lot of Clangers in my work place, (I'm part of some BBC 70's children's TV characters outreach program) and while I'm minding my own business, picking up things that folk leave behind, and generally wombling free in the overground and underground, these mother fuckers keep whistling and hooting behind my back. I've no idea what they're saying, but I bet it's malicious. I mean you know what they say about Clangers, bunch of big-eared, pink-snouted, twats if you ask me. I get along with the Soup Dragon though.

I've always had this problem with Clangers. Whenever they visited Wimbledon Common they'd continually whistle behind my back. I think it's because as a Womble I value environmental ethics and Clangers are known for their untidiness, I've spoken to Uncle Bulgaria about it but he says it's all in my head. Maybe there's something in my personality that those pink-knitted buggers just don't like, but I can't imagine what.

Would like to hear from other Wombles. ABSOLUTELY NO CLANGERS!

Not a Clangerphobe as I support Clanger rights.
You are simply amazing. :D
If I can ever stop laughing, I might be able to form more words.

Sorry I so totally hate you, but that's only because I'm a Clanger and the purpose of my existence is to engage in malicious gossip about you. And I hate you because I can't make you feel bad about yourself because you can see right through me and it's all an evil cycle of infinite causation of me hating you because I want to make you feel bad about yourself because I hate you. And I also know that I hate you because I read it in a malicious gossip paper that I hate you. BTW I'm only commenting on your thread because of my insecurity.
Not all of us can be as perfect as those who work in academia.

I love you all so much.
<3

Except you, you know who you are!

I laughed out loud such that someone said to me “I don’t know what you are doing, but I know you are not working!” :p

This is simply brilliant.

@88chaz88 Despite the very real risk of dying, I returned to take one more look at this thread. I am still laughing as I type. I think it has to be one of the most brilliant 'take downs' of an argument I have ever seen. Wombles everywhere should celebrate that you are in their corner defending them from the actions of some of those dreadful Clangers. Not that I am against all Clangers, my neighbors dog's best friend knows a postman, whose friend is a Clanger. So I am very aware of all Clangers issues. It's just some of the Clangers who give the other Clangers a bad name.

Wow, I guess my OP really made an impact, hmmm? After all, you "stole" my original idea and created a similar thread...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But what do I know......

wv331f.gif

It takes low IQ to not be able to perceive irony when it is intended.

Do you really asses everyone's value as being directly in relation to their IQ ? Personally I'd put Martin Luther King ahead of Hitler, whatever the IQ score... There is more to a person than their intellectual prowess or ability to resolve differential equations. It seems to me that you take yourself very very seriously? If you could open up and laugh at yourself a little, I think you would be happier.

I assure you this thread was not flattery, nor cruelty. It was light relief. I don't think you yet grasp, how hurtful your thread was for people. Trust me it was. I would be hard pushed to think of any segment of society who have had to put up with more @$%# than the gay community. Yet they still bravely face it, organize and resist it in a loving and non-violent way. If you can't find something to admire or appreciate in that, I don't think anyone can help you. Take a breath, have a laugh. No one was insulting your academic intelligence. Emotional intelligence and empathy are also valuable things.

Ugh. No.

I get you guys are being facetious in trying to prove a point, but this ganging up on one person thing across the boards is not sitting right with me.

Ugh. No.

I get you guys are being facetious in trying to prove a point, but this ganging up on one person thing across the boards is not sitting right with me.

You've got a point. But I wouldn't worry about her if I were you. She gives every appearance of being totally impervious to criticism in any form, whether of her self, or her views.

Ugh. No.

OK I know what you are saying you, but ganging up ? I really don't think that's fair. Very many attempts were made to help the OP and done in a constructive way. There was no reciprocation. Honestly, please feel free to go back through the original thread. Do you agree it's ok to apply stereotypes and judge 'feminine gay men' ? Humor is always a little risky, that it may upset people. I truly think this thread was done with out malice. I'm fairly sure the original thread upset people.

I think the consensus on the last thread was it's not ok to apply stereotypes to 'feminine gay men' and this was just a humorous antidote. If you still think that's ganging up I'm sorry. I'm happy to disagree, and I don't need to refer to any qualifications to discredit your view, I will accept it as valid without any IQ test.

Update - I just went back and looked at the thread, near the end in a very eloquent way I think you just said something similar in your own post ? INFJs are sensitive to conflict, we don't like it. I don't like it. At the same time, I think if you post things that are offensive and upset people, you shouldn't be too surprised if someone disputes it. I really don't think this thread compares to the original.

Last edited:
OK I know what you are saying you, but ganging up ? I really don't think that's fair. Very many attempts were made to help the OP and done in a constructive way. There was no reciprocation. Honestly, please feel free to go back through the original thread. Do you agree it's ok to apply stereotypes and judge 'feminine gay men' ? Humor is always a little risky, that it may upset people. I truly think this thread was done with out malice. I'm fairly sure the original thread upset people.

I think the consensus on the last thread was it's not ok to apply stereotypes to 'feminine gay men' and this was just a humorous antidote. If you still think that's ganging up I'm sorry. I'm happy to disagree, and I don't need to refer to any qualifications to discredit your view, I will accept it as valid without any IQ test.

I don't know what you meant by that last crack about the IQ test or qualifications as I don't think I've ever questioned anyone's intelligence just because they disagreed with me.. but... uh...

No, I don't agree with Artemisia's opinions, but I think they're more misguided rather than intentionally malicious. I get that people were getting frustrated with her in the thread, as her personality can be difficult to deal with, but I don't think that warrants several people jumping to perform character surgery just as soon as she replies sarcastically to a separate thread that called her out. If you think that's fair, I don't know what to tell you.

You've got a point. But I wouldn't worry about her if I were you. She gives every appearance of being totally impervious to criticism in any form, whether of her self, or her views.

Yeah, 'every appearance.' You don't know what is going on in someone's head at any moment.

But I digress. I think several of us made our points in the other thread. If she still doesn't get it, she doesn't get it. We can't change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon and Gaze