Child Stars | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Child Stars

Sorry for derailing your thread...

I think in order to call oneself a musician you need to have a certain degree of tallent. While I admit she might have a certain amount of tallent as a dancer, Much of Gaga's musical ability lies in her engineers being able to correct when she screws up. I dislike music like hers not because of the content, but because of how much it's been electronically played with to the point when a good deal of it is not her own work, but the perfection of people sitting at computers. I admire people who spend much of their early lives learning and perfecting the art of playing an instrument, and they are true musicians. Lady Gaga and the rest of her kind have not done that, or if they have spent years in vocal training, it still hasn't helped them, and do not deserve to be placed in the musician category.

But then again this is all by her choice and I believe she's old enough to decide that this is what she wants for herself. I don't believe this is the case with any of the child stars we're seeing come into fame.

Basically all of modern pop sucks if you ask me...The lyrics are completely messed up and so are the artist who sing such songs. They are brainwashed. There, I said it again. I can't look at Lady Gaga and see an artist...I just see a shell that has been filled and manipulated the way people wanted it to be. Many modern pop artists were brought up to be famous from a young age I believe...I love the instrumentals for her songs, they sound amazing. But adding her into the equation and the lyrics...No, just no.

Well, she's from a blue collar family and it sounds like you have problems with her, not the music.

I like this definition of an artist: a person whose creative work shows sensitivity and imagination

It's broad, open-ended and it encompasses a myriad of mediums. As long as you are creative and imaginative with your music, poetry, ect., you are an artist. Lady Gaga may not live up to the standards of Mozart, Miles Davis or Jimi Hendrix but that does not mean she's a mindless freak controlled by the corporations. In fact, she's the opposite. It's not just about the work, it's about the person and their beliefs that makes them an artist.

found here (first on the list):http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...&ei=D2CRTf33AoS2sAPXip2gDg&sqi=2&ved=0CBcQkAE

I think in order to call oneself a musician you need to have a certain degree of tallent. While I admit she might have a certain amount of tallent as a dancer, Much of Gaga's musical ability lies in her engineers being able to correct when she screws up. I dislike music like hers not because of the content, but because of how much it's been electronically played with to the point when a good deal of it is not her own work, but the perfection of people sitting at computers. I admire people who spend much of their early lives learning and perfecting the art of playing an instrument, and they are true musicians. Lady Gaga and the rest of her kind have not done that, or if they have spent years in vocal training, it still hasn't helped them, and do not deserve to be placed in the musician category.

But then again this is all by her choice and I believe she's old enough to decide that this is what she wants for herself. I don't believe this is the case with any of the child stars we're seeing come into fame.

Again, I posted an acoustic performance of hers. She has a great voice, believe it or not and much of that "electronic" stuff is not just a computer nerd thing. What about Depeche Mode?

Reactions: Saru Inc
gay kid posted gaga vid. move along.

JUST KIDDING! haha. while I"m not a fan of Gaga, she really does deserve the hype. I think its great what she's doing, because she's not being random like people think, she has a plan. And as she yelled to a dog while she was walking down the street in NY "SHUT UP. I'M THE ONLY BITCH HERE!" hahahahaha

I don't think their use of electronic effects is about hiding how crap they are at singing as much it is about creating interesting sounds. That I don't so much have an issue with, again, because that's creating something, it's using a technique to create a musical experience to express something. Auto-tune and other effects can actually create some interesting stuff on a track.

Auto-tuning a singers voice in order to correct their mistakes is about hiding the true nature of someone's voice which I do not approve of. they are 2 different things. They can even do this in live performances now, so even live recordings can't so much be trusted anymore...

Singing used to be a beautiful artform where recording an album actually took a lot of skill on the singers part, and even the best had to perhaps record something over and over again to get it perfect. now it seems they're just doing away with all that type of work and using a computer to get it right.

Singing used to be a beautiful artform where recording an album actually took a lot of skill on the singers part, and even the best had to perhaps record something over and over again to get it perfect. now it seems they're just doing away with all that type of work and using a computer to get it right.

Agreed, with many people. I believe that Lady Gaga is an exception to this though. I haven't heard any auto-tune in her songs and, to my knowledge, she writes everything on piano first and then rearranges it to be more poppy.

There is a part of me that wants to just have drums, vox and distorted guitar (not unlike the white stripes) because you are forced to be more creative with less resources. The other part of me thinks that pro tools, long effects chains and intricate rack systems are the coolest thing ever. There are problems with both.

Lady Gaga is talented. It has been demonstrated multiple times that she has an amazing, acoustic voice and does not depend on "modern technologies" to sound well. She is outspoken about her beliefs and her persona, and is unique. Many of you may consider her a copycat, but why limits our perspective on genre? She has stated herself that the gets inspiration from many artists such as Madonna, what's wrong with inspiration?. Do you actually believe that every single musical track is going to be completely unique? No. This artists obviously have their influences, GaGa writes her own lyrics, can play multiple instruments, can sing live. Besides her artistic talent, she's intelligent. She is a genius at presenting her work, some which might be controversial? So what!. Since when is controversy necessary bad? She's an artist that stands up for what she believes in. Since when do you see an artist take active roles in politics and promoting equal rights for the LGBT community? She's in a way saying "Screw you, and what you think of me, I'm not going to change who I am". Her goals go beyond her music, she stated herself that she wants to impact this generation.

STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT LADY GAGA.

she is lovely and a genius.

Some of you bitches need to sit and calm yourselves down. Now this is a good track for soothing. Listen to it and say again that this lady is not a passionate performer and needs auto-tune.

Seriously, all the nonsense attacks on her without any support of facts in this thread are too effing easy for our INFJ minds.

[youtube]WlbicfdQHdA[/youtube]

And yes, she wrote this song.

Last edited: