cast your own film with forum members | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

cast your own film with forum members

Movie title: A Stones Throw
Genre: Teen Adventure
Director: @ezra
Stars: @ruji, @Milktoast Bandit, @James, @Sandie33, @LittleLissa @Bellosome, @hush, @Free, @Scientia @MistyWrites, @Anywhere But Here, @Wyote, @Faye, @sassafras, @Eventhorizon, @Gale, @Soulfire, @Wonky Oracle, @acd, @uheimeine, @endersgone, @Flavus Aquila, @invisible, @Skarekrow and brief appearance @nightowl.
Setting(place/date): Fitzgerald River National Park, Western Australia 1962
Basic plot: A group of high school students are stranded in the outback after their teacher abandons them. They soon realise that it is up to them to survive the harsh sun and the dangerous wild life surrounding them.

Last edited:
A group of high school students are stranded in the outback after their teacher abandons them. They soon realise that it is up to them to survive the harsh sun and the dangerous wild life surrounding them.

Those are the best kind of teen adventure. I loved those 'run away and survive without grown ups' adventure novels. One of my favourites as a teenager was a novel set after a nuclear catastrophe, with a family of siblings left alone without adults, and forced to travel across county to look food to try to survive. I still think about it all these years later for some reason. I can't remember the title or author though.

Last edited:
Those are the best kind of teen adventure. I loved those 'run away and survive without grown ups' adventure novels.
Yes.

Chapter 1
"WTF?"
@ruji stands in the middle of the dirt road staring at the reddy brown line stretching in front of him to where it disappears near the horizon. He runs his fingers through his already damp hair. The sun has been beating down for several hours. The lizard scampers back into its hole.

"Where the F*** is the bus?"

Last edited:
Movie Title : Contact 2
Cast: The Entire Forum and Bill Murray.
Director: @James

An epic 5 and half hour space adventure, seeking to explain what the hell the original movie was actually about. (Seriously like 2 hours and then when we finally get to meet the "aliens" it's Jodie Fosters dad? I don't care if it was Carl Sagan who wrote it.)

Critics savage the movie, for being ridiculously long, and having no plot or discernible outcome. The entire film is shot in black and white, and the "story" conveyed through mime. Later interviewed about the movie, James admits he chose mime as no sane writer would work with him, he had no screen play, writer's block, and had spent "most of the advance on Lego" for a separate project.

It quickly becomes a commercial and artistic disaster. Questioned later, Bill Murray denounced the film as "a huge pile of garbage" and regretted taking over the role of Jodie Foster. "I had been drinking when @Milktoast Bandit called me, and I only agreed to do it as a personal favor to him."

After only 2 days the movie goes straight to DVD $1 sales and obtains cult classic status, as the second worst film of all time. Later sued by The makers of Star Trek the Wrath of Khan for illegally incorporating scenes from it, in the last 30 mins of the film, even the DVD sales money is lost.

In the directories commentary James can be heard whining, that the reviews were unfair, and that the critics did not understand the visionary nature of his work. In the deleted scenes it emerges an alternative ending existed, where a meteor strike destroys the earth after only 23 mins of the film. Critics unanimously agree that this would have been hugely preferable.

James refuses to make further comment, or explain why the movie still didn't show any Alien contact. Rumors persist that JJ Abrahams may direct a third film to "save the franchise".

Yes.

Chapter 1
"WTF?"
@ruji stands in the middle of the dirt road staring at the reddy brown line stretching in front of him to where it disappears near the horizon. He runs his fingers through his already damp hair. The sun has been beating down for several hours. The lizard scampers back into its hole.

"Where the F*** is the bus?"
LOL! Genius....

An epic 5 and half hour space adventure, seeking to explain what the hell the original movie was actually about. (Seriously like 2 hours and then when we finally get to meet the "aliens" it's Jodie Fosters dad? I don't care if it was Carl Sagan who wrote it.)

Critics savage the movie, for being ridiculously long, and having no plot or discernible outcome. The entire film is shot in black and white, and the "story" conveyed through mime. Later interviewed about the movie, James admits he chose mime as no sane writer would work with him, he had no screen play, writer's block, and had spent "most of the advance on Lego" for a separate project.

It quickly becomes a commercial and artistic disaster. Questioned later, Bill Murray denounced the film as "a huge pile of garbage" and regretted taking over the role of Jodie Foster. "I had been drinking when @Milktoast Bandit called me, and I only agreed to do it as a personal favor to him."

After only 2 days the movie goes straight to DVD $1 sales and obtains cult classic status, as the second worst film of all time. Later sued by The makers of Star Trek the Wrath of Khan for illegally incorporating scenes from it, in the last 30 mins of the film, even the DVD sales money is lost.

In the directories commentary James can be heard whining, that the reviews were unfair, and that the critics did not understand the visionary nature of his work. In the deleted scenes it emerges an alternative ending existed, where a meteor strike destroys the earth after only 23 mins of the film. Critics unanimously agree that this would have been hugely preferable.

James refuses to make further comment, or explain why the movie still didn't show any Alien contact. Rumors persist that JJ Abrahams may direct a third film to "save the franchise".
:) Great James!

@James Contact is one of my favorite movies. It's very easy to explain because it is exactly what it appears to be.

@James Contact is one of my favorite movies. It's very easy to explain because it is exactly what it appears to be.

It was a joke @Eventhorizon . True story ? when I went to see that film in 1997, i went with my ex. At the time she was pregnant and moaned and complained all the way through the movie. Also there were no lightsabers. So I've never seen it again. bad memories. I am big fan on Carl Sagan and i've never read the book.

If this was because I cast Bill Murray ahead of you ? i can't go back EH but I would if I could. He was a prima donna. @Milktoast Bandit knew that and set me up.

Reactions: Misty and Gaze
It was a joke @Eventhorizon . True story ? when I went to see that film in 1997, i went with my ex. At the time she was pregnant and moaned and complained all the way through the movie. Also there were no lightsabers. So I've never seen it again. bad memories. I am big fan on Carl Sagan and i've never read the book.

If this was because I cast Bill Murray ahead of you ? i can't go back EH but I would if I could. He was a prima donna. @Milktoast Bandit knew that and set me up.
No, I was simply saying if you want it explained it's simple. It's about life, death. How religion and science can come together to bring Humanity to their next step.
During the time that movie came out they used to say, "There are ten times the stars in the universe there are grains of sand in all the beaches and deserts of the world." Funny how wrong they were. Today we know it's one hundred times. And that doesn't even include the idea of a multiverse.

You see...the universe could easily harbor a planet for every story that's ever been written. Somewhere out there, every story ever told may actually exist.
Bill Murray is pretty much an excellent choice for any movie..with exception of a movie about Bill Murray.

Reactions: Gaze and James
Stars: @ruji, @Milktoast Bandit, @James, @Sandie33, @LittleLissa @Bellosome, @hush, @Free, @Scientia @MistyWrites, @Anywhere But Here, @Wyote, @Faye, @sassafras, @Eventhorizon, @Gale, @Soulfire, @Wonky Oracle, @acd, @uheimeine, @endersgone, @Flavus Aquila, @invisible, @Skarekrow and brief appearance @nightowl.
Basic plot: A group of high school students are stranded in the outback after their teacher abandons them. They soon realise that it is up to them to survive the harsh sun and the dangerous wild life surrounding them.
Thank you for including me :D

Do any of us get eaten in the first half hour? I don't care for those type of films, lol. I'd much rather think we all do our part to ensure we all make it to the end credits, albeit a tad sunburned but intact ;).

:m146:

***hands James the Little Bluebird of Happiness in a cage and a 2# bag of Pear Drops. Tells him thank you for the nap. After five hours portraying a space traveler who was forgotten and not woke from cryosleep, I'm feeling quite refeshed. And, landed a part as a sleeping hobo on a park bench in Central Park...badabing-badaboom...my acting career is launched !$!
:m114:

Reactions: Free and James
***hands James the Little Bluebird of Happiness in a cage and a 2# bag of Pear Drops. Tells him thank you for the nap. After five hours portraying a space traveler who was forgotten and not woke from cryosleep, I'm feeling quite refeshed. And, landed a part as a sleeping hobo on a park bench in Central Park...badabing-badaboom...my acting career is launched !$!
:m114:

thank you for the pear drops. my local store is out of them and i have been surviving on sherbet lemons. I think @ezra should be making a documentary about it for PBS or DR1. I think BBC4 here would be interested lol. "The great Pear Drop shortage 2017". :)

I had an idea that splits off from yours.
Instead a group of teenagers is in a parking lot about 1/2 mile from their homes when all cell reception goes offline to include data. They must try to communicate with eachother to find their way home. In the end only 1 out of 15 survives...

thank you for the pear drops. my local store is out of them and i have been surviving on sherbet lemons. I think @ezra should be making a documentary about it for PBS or DR1. I think BBC4 here would be interested lol. "The great Pear Drop shortage 2017". :)
I'll give you the recipe for boiled candies...you could get humanitarian of the year by making big batches of Pear flavor :D

LOL you know DR1?? That's interesting!

Could I shoot it in the style of Francis Ford Coppola? Then I might be interested

Reactions: Bellosome and James
LOL you know DR1?? That's interesting!

Could I shoot it in the style of Francis Ford Coppola? Then I might be interested

@Sandie33 whoop. thank you. I'm not kidding about the shortage. it's a human tragedy for me. lol

@ezra we get swedish/danish tv here via bbc4 "nordic noir" was quite something of a hit. Excellent stuff. so yes DR1 and SVT etc.

Reactions: Sandie33