Can you type this?

MarineLaw

Lucky
Oct 23, 2010
MBTI
INFJ?
Enneagram
5?
I am having difficulty typing myself as a sure INFJ. There are various facets of ENFP, ENTP, INFP and INTJ that I feel I exhibit and/or I have preferences for. I have tested a couple essays of mine on the writing style type indicator and come back decidedly INTP each time, but I don

NA NA NA NA, NA NA, NA NA!
Can't type this
NA NA NA NA, NA NA, NA NA!
Can't type this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo&ob=av3e"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo&ob=av3e[/ame]

I'd say you're an INFJ broseph.

Except.

I can't stand esfjs.... :m148:

The traits you described suggest to me that you have a well developed Fe function. I don't know if I would say INFJ, but it sounds like you are an F type for sure.

INF but not sure about P/J.

Thanks to the three of you. Man I was hoping something in that description would be a giveaway for INFP or INFJ but it looks like I'm still an INFX floater. Appreciate the attempts!

You sound more like an IxFJ then anything (I lean more towards INFJ). You show a number of examples of Fe at work. The reason being is you tend to adhear to social subjectivity on contexts external to you. If you were ruled by Fi this would be far less common, as Fi is largely internally driven. The feelings of others and the contexts of the social world are important to you. That is a sign of Fe, and a clear one at that.

You don't seem to give off too many examples of Si or Ni, so I am not inclined to say either N or S. However as you seem to test consistantly as an N, It is more likely you are ruled by Ni then. You stated that you like for things to be correct and right, which can be a sign of Si. However, you tend to refer to them in only social contexts, which could signify this manfiesting itself as Fe instead. I get the sense that you are more introverted then extroverted. The reason being is if you were a Fe dominant, you would not feel nearly as much hesitation with verbazling these convictions, and you would also do them much more directly.

You also said you tested strongly as INTP (to which I do not believe this to be your type). There is a signifigant minority of INFJ's who will type as INTP. This is largely due to a masking in a sense. Some INFJ's do not like to externally manifest their emotions, and instead only do this in a logical and factual way, by making them adhear tightly to social values. This causes their T score to go up as they would like their emotions to be logical and understood universally. However, this causes another shift in the P/J axis. Due to the inherient drive of INFJ's to hold onto fairness and uniformity within others, this will drop their J score. This is because when taking a test, the individual will compensate for their "harsher" T answers, for the "softer" P answers. Which could be interpted as being much more free flowing and allowing of their internal drive to be friendly and sensitive. Hence, it is possible for some INFJ's to test as an INTP. This is also the likely case for you.

IndigoSensor,

Wow that last paragraph was EXTREMELY insightful, I think you're spot on. Thank you for taking the time to write that. Very interesting.

Cheers

Reactions: IndigoSensor