[INFJ] - Can You Be Clumsy? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Can You Be Clumsy?

I am careful now. Much more careful than in the past.
Physical activity helps. Do stuff that improves balance, coordination and endurance on a daily basis.
I ride a bicycle, hike, walk through snow and ice, dance, do yard work. It all helps.
Take care of your body!
Man, I wish this worked for me... I run an average of 25 miles a week and I still whack myself in the face with a stapler.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

ehm on topic...

I've a big S on my chest when it comes to knives in the kitchen (and this is of course nerdly exaggertated) but when it comes to paper ..cutting myself by accident.. is a thing.
(one could argue that is pure skill)
I swear.. Paper cuts hurt so much worse than being cut with a knife!

I wonder if INFJs or INTJs relate to this. I am often clumsy when I am interacting with the external environment. I injure myself at times, sometimes serious. I wonder if you all can relate to this.

I can, without doubt, relate. Through my life I tend to demonstrate extreme clumsiness as well as, in contradiction, moments of lucid dexterity. So, as a child I injured myself so often at one point doctors wanted to get the social services involved, and would have done so were it not for the many witnesses to my numerous absurd acts—falling down stairs, off chairs, through a manhole (that one nearly cost me my life!) and thereby breaking bones, bruising myself, etc. Even today, wine glasses rarely survive a year and I am always stubbing my toes on furniture. On the other hand, as a child I once saved a freind from falling into a rocky river when I was the furthest person away from him in the group; I have dodged incoming projectiles without being conciously aware of them and not too irregularly catch objects midair that people have knocked.

I can, without doubt, relate. Through my life I tend to demonstrate extreme clumsiness as well as, in contradiction, moments of lucid dexterity. So, as a child I injured myself so often at one point doctors wanted to get the social services involved, and would have done so were it not for the many witnesses to my numerous absurd acts—falling down stairs, off chairs, through a manhole (that one nearly cost me my life!) and thereby breaking bones, bruising myself, etc. Even today, wine glasses rarely survive a year and I am always stubbing my toes on furniture. On the other hand, as a child I once saved a freind from falling into a rocky river when I was the furthest person away from him in the group; I have dodged incoming projectiles without being conciously aware of them and not too irregularly catch objects midair that people have knocked.

I love how you describe this inbetween of this..
4d338ffe133c34d85e878580c03402c8.gif

and this..
c1c7ac742ecb77b88619a99048aac3a9.gif

^^ legit summary

Oh, I realized that.. I often "find" bruises and I'm not really sure where.. how.. when... xD

I love how you describe this inbetween of this..
4d338ffe133c34d85e878580c03402c8.gif

and this..
c1c7ac742ecb77b88619a99048aac3a9.gif

^^ legit summary

Oh, I realized that.. I often "find" bruises and I'm not really sure where.. how.. when... xD

100% my life :smile:

giphy.gif

I don't know how clumsy I am, because I've always been very careful physically (so probably a lot). It's either/or, I think. In sports I'm not careful at all, and I've never been injured. So when body and mind decides to unite, I do alright. When I'm not doing sports (that'll be 99.8% of the time nowadays) it probably looks to others like I'm blindfolded when I move around or do things.

I am often clumsy when I am interacting with the external environment.

I think this perspective illustrates a basic misconception about the world, Austin. It's not we who are clumsy but the things around us that are totally malevolent - there is a profound philosophical system that explains it called

9579620502_5a95922d18.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistentialism

Don't be fooled - the light-hearted approach is designed as a diversion away from the truth of our enlightenment in case it triggers outright war from the things around us. But this is deadly serious - I made the mistake a few months ago of describing in the forum how my duvet cover resists every attempt to put it on my duvet. What a mistake - it now bites me every time I change it. It's forged an evil alliance with the bed which attacks my shins to the point where they are a mess of bruises and scabs.

They shall not win - the fight goes on!!

*Falls off horse*

A while ago I split my nail on my right big toe by ramming it into my left heel. I was walking back and forth in my living room while talking on the phone and I somehow managed to walk into myself. I can't seem to sit still while I'm on the phone, so then I walk around in my apartment and I often hurt myself in the process. I can't really focus on doing two things simultaneously, I guess that's why things like this keeps happening.

I sometimes walk into door frames while on the phone too, hitting my shoulder or my toe. I saw someone else had mentioned that as well.

I wonder if INFJs or INTJs relate to this. I am often clumsy when I am interacting with the external environment. I injure myself at times, sometimes serious. I wonder if you all can relate to this.
You're not the only one, I trip and stumble on a daily basis, I often find bruises on my legs and arms and have no idea how I hurt myself. Once I tripped over a chair and apologized.

I can completely relate to this; I might be walking whist contemplating life and its meaning (like one does) and I forget how to walk and I'll trip over , or I can't go up steps fast.

I definitely have problems with spacial awareness when I'm stressed out too.

Reactions: Yugen and John K