[INFJ] - Can You Be Clumsy? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Can You Be Clumsy?

Austin Nay

Nov 27, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1 so/sp
I wonder if INFJs or INTJs relate to this. I am often clumsy when I am interacting with the external environment. I injure myself at times, sometimes serious. I wonder if you all can relate to this.

Yuppers! It has to do with our inferior Se. In my experience, despite me being extremely active (weightlifting, cardio, martial arts, boxing, and hiking) I make sure to be carefully aware on my surroundings; if not, my body is literally on autopilot and I either trip, bump into something, or downright fall on my face.

So it’s not me being uncoordinated with my movements, but rather being more distracted in my surroundings, thus causing me to run into objects, etc.

I suppose some INFJs are more or less clumsier than others, but inferior Se is usually the culprit.

Last edited:
I sometimes hit the doorpost with my shoulder when I try to enter a room. I always joke about me being broad-shouldered then.

I am careful now. Much more careful than in the past.
Physical activity helps. Do stuff that improves balance, coordination and endurance on a daily basis.
I ride a bicycle, hike, walk through snow and ice, dance, do yard work. It all helps.
Take care of your body!

No time for that, I have thinking to do!
(Lol)

giphy.gif

Yup, few minutes ago I jammed my toe on a corner and then whined like a little baby lol.
I WAS WALKING FAR AWAY FROM THE WALL. I swear the wall moved closer and attacked me:worried:

Someone remember me tomorrow to add my 2 cents please.
But to make it short: YES!
Ok to be a little more precise about this topic:
Just yesterday I noticed that my perception of the outside consists rather of random spikes of awareness than constant attention.
When I walk on the street I take a look at what is going on at the moment, noticing mostly moving objects and subconsciously adapt my speed and movements according to these so I don't crash into them. But when something out of the ordinary happens (like a woman crossing my way right in front of me although she could have just walked straight by) I tend to bump into things/persons. I didn't notice her unexpected movement because I was back into my head daydreaming even though she was right in front of me.
And I don't pay attention to the floor. Make a brick stick out by the length of a rice corn and I'll trip right over it :grimacing:

I sometimes hit the doorpost with my shoulder when I try to enter a room.
I often try to close the door while I'm walking through it and either hit my shoulder or trip over the lower corner :sweatsmile: or just hit it right into my face lol

Ok to be a little more precise about this topic:
Just yesterday I noticed that my perception of the outside consists rather of random spikes of awareness than constant attention.
When I walk on the street I take a look at what is going on at the moment, noticing mostly moving objects and subconsciously adapt my speed and movements according to these so I don't crash into them. But when something out of the ordinary happens (like a woman crossing my way right in front of me although she could have just walked straight by) I tend to bump into things/persons. I didn't notice her unexpected movement because I was back into my head daydreaming even though she was right in front of me.
And I don't pay attention to the floor. Make a brick stick out by the length of a rice corn and I'll trip right over it :grimacing:

I often try to close the door while I'm walking through it and either hit my shoulder or trip over the lower corner :sweatsmile: or just hit it right into my face lol

ehm on topic...

I've a big S on my chest when it comes to knives in the kitchen (and this is of course nerdly exaggertated) but when it comes to paper ..cutting myself by accident.. is a thing.
(one could argue that is pure skill)

I once got a concussion whilst sitting at a desk, writing a paper. I somehow flipped backwards and whacked my head hard on a door frame.

It's pretty common for us.. don't worry, haha.