Can Men Tell If You're Single? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Can Men Tell If You're Single?

Can Men Tell If You're Single?

• Total voters
You already used that one...

DE-V8lbXoAA9ZW6.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think that men can magically detect if someone is single. I think they can be really good at picking up on behavioral cues as well as verbal cues that kind of give it away. I think that certain guys are able to cultivate that ability, kind of like someone may be able to "predict" the weather by being observant for signals that it takes time to learn.

To answer the thread title, I do think people can pick up on certain things or they may also project what they think. I've had people assume I'm married with children, maybe because of my job. I really can't tell what vibes I give off unless someone says something to me. We all build little imagined stories in our mind of who someone is or could be based on initial impressions. However, you really don't know unless you speak with the person. What annoys me is when someone pretends interest to satisfy their curiosity or feels they have you figured out completely because they intuited something about you. Just because you get one part of the picture doesn't mean you get the whole thing.

I've no idea, but I hope they do. My resting bitch face doesn't most likely help either. :laughing: There's this one grocery in my country where you can pick a shopping basket with "single" written on it, haha. Funny idea, maybe have to try it someday. :relaxed:

which century do you live in?
nowadays everyone is in a "open relationship"
i radically say NEVER a girl has told me "i'm in a relationship" as an excuse
it always go like, "meh, not interested" or "sorry i've got to go" 90% of the time
once i had sex with a girl who was dating my best friend but i was drunk and she literally pull it inside her without me even understanding
it was like solving a purposeful equation

Maybe the question isn't just whether they think someone is single, but why? What makes someone look single? It often seems that people are actually more attracted to someone who is not single because unavailable may indicate that they've missed out on a great catch or represent some ideal they want in their next love interest. I think people are more drawn to what they can't have or what others have that they may want. Also, people can emit a particular kind of confidence or satisfaction in their behavior when they're happy in their relationships. This happy vibe can be very appealing or seductive. It makes people look good, when they feel as if they're being their best selves with a partner. It makes them appear more attractive.

Reactions: flower