Can Men Tell If You're Single?

Can Men Tell If You're Single?

• Total voters

Happy Phantom

Jun 20, 2016
Over the Hills and Far Away
MBTI
INFJ
So you’re out and about without a ring on, wheeee! Someone mentioned to me the other day that a man can tell if you’re in a relationship. I don’t see how this is possible, so tell me what you think.

Last edited:
Whether they can or can't, generally they don't give a shit either way.

As for me, I'm oblivious about rings on fingers or what they mean. People find themselves in all sorts of circumstances with jewelry for different reasons.
It used to be easier maybe, when people all more typically used traditional type wedding bands.

giphy.gif

Coming from personal experience, when I was engaged and was wearing my engagement ring on, I still had men hit on me regardless. Like @Wyote has mentioned, even if they did or did not, they really don't care.

Coming from personal experience, when I was engaged and was wearing my engagement ring on, I still had men hit on me regardless. Like @Wyote has mentioned, even if they did or did not, they really don't care.
Men never hit on me. This is how the topic came up.

Men never hit on me. This is how the topic came up.

Hmmm, it could also possibly depend on the location and your body gestures and facial expressions. Usually when men hit on me, it happens around very laid-back settings, like parties, bars, or somewhere very social--- also because I am very relaxed and smiley in those situations because I am with friends and etc. But when I am at work, grocery shopping, classes,the gym, or somewhere less interactive, I am typically very reserved and serious; and that is when men usually don't approach me whatsoever. I think it may also apply to you.

Last edited:
Guys will generally go the path of least resistance. If you're signaling being open and it's in an environment that is conducive to flirting or whatever (parties/bars as stated before), it'll be more likely. Still no guarantee though, everyone is afraid of approaching strangers so it's not like it's a common thing to begin with. If you're around a well defined peer group like high school or college that helps too because there is already a level of commonality. Outside of that it gets more complicated and so less frequent.
@JennyDaniella is right.

GF: *never leaves the house* *leaves once to go get a specific book at the library and doesn't talk to anyone*
GF: "guys never hit on me, I don't understand!"

Me:
images

Guys will generally go the path of least resistance. If you're signaling being open and it's in an environment that is conducive to flirting or whatever (parties/bars as stated before), it'll be more likely. Still no guarantee though, everyone is afraid of approaching strangers so it's not like it's a common thing to begin with. If you're around a well defined peer group like high school or college that helps too because there is already a level of commonality. Outside of that it gets more complicated and so less frequent.
@JennyDaniella is right.

Yup.

Maybe they know how tall and buff ID is and they're scared

Nope. :joycat:

GF: *never leaves the house* *leaves once to go get a specific book at the library and doesn't talk to anyone*
GF: "guys never hit on me, I don't understand!"

Me:
images

HAHAHA YES! And if you have a facial expression like this 24/7.

images

Then yeah, nobody would approach you lololol. I am guilty of this :tearsofjoy::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:

In my case it's something like this:
"Oh, this person seems cool...:loveyeyes:"

".... :coldsweat: Oh no I need to initiate! But what about fear of rejection?"

".... OK she's obviously not single" *no actual proof whatsoever*

:m187: "So glad I noticed it in time, it would have been awkward otherwise"

Then maybe HP is so intimidating only inferior Fe INTPs dare approach her. :p

It takes maximum chill to look terror right in the eyes and continue forward